Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I really enjoyed this issue...5 starz and 10/10
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Synch and Darwin gonna walk out that vault like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

Tiggity Tiggity TAH!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lol YAaaas
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

I think I cracked the latest children of the vault introduction.At one point Sangre mantions that the 5 were enough to beat the xmen and so they would not match their entire kindred.I believe when the city /vault hosts the children they do so in groups of a minimum of 5-each group is called a pod.I think the individuals in one pod probably feel a kinship akin to brothers and sisters among humans. It is interesting that Sarafina’s pod ‘the conquistador’ group were labeled a recon group and it is this pod that is ‘restored’ as Sarfina is the only one who survived of the 5 she is the only one upgraded, but the rest are ‘restored’ i.e resurrected. The other pods 1-4 ‘EMPIRE’ ‘JUDGE’ ‘BUILDER’ and SWORD are other children perhaps the pod of Corrigidora and Cadena is under one of those names most likely ‘builder’. If my estimates are correct.Then pods 1-4 upgraded means about 20-25 children of the vault upgraded and with pod 5 restored that brings us about 30 children of the vault, plus pods 6-15 also upgraded means 50 plus or minus a few new children of the vault restored. In total we have about 80-90 new children of the vault!! It is entirely possible they have classes as well. For example Sarafina whether it’s because of her survival is higher than her siblings all restored to level one while she is at level 2 but we see the pods labeled ‘Empire’ and ‘Judge’ have all level 2 inhabitants. Meaning among the children of the vault they could be beta level children or ‘chimeras’ to use House of X language. Moreover the vault says all it’s children should be upgraded to level 3 for successful conquest of earth meaning all could potentially be omega level class. Considering how Powerful Sarafina was already in her own level. This would be well within Hickman’s mo, he always builds on levels of threat or power,for example Summoners in Xmen #2,Planetary societies Hives > Intelligences, Galactic societies Techarch> Worldmind >Phalanx and lastly Universal societies Titans>Strongholds> Dominions.

This has also made me think of the way threats to mutant dom seem to be building not as a way of just racism or xenophobia like in previous editions but competition. The Homo novissima are probably the zenith of humanity but they get there because Krakoa has taken the lead in bio engineering, and now is seen as a threat .Orchis built the mothermold but had not yet reached a way to build nimrods but they have found a way to bring store/download human consciousness into a device that uncannily looks like the red crystal in the chest of the nimrod in Moira’s ninth life. Also we see how telefloronics has now mutated into a literal biological life form that is superior to any sentinel save perhaps a nimrod. I do not have a theory on who the guy with the peacock tattoo is but we see his shadowy organization dabbles in enhancing humans with mutant like potential. It could be he is Lobe the super intelligent villain of Uncanny xmen #515, but that is the closest human that comes to mind.
    This brings me to the threat from the vault, while the children are formidable ,I fear for two x-men in particular. I actually think that while x-23 may come back seriously enhanced , she will probably be the only one to join the xmen.I theorise either Darwin will evolve in the vault to the point of evolving beyond mutant and being worshipped by the children of the vault as perhaps level 4 subjects beyond their reach. I really fear for Darwin especially. He is already hyper evolutionary in our world to put him in a timezone with accelerated stimuli for mutation he will definitely become something beyond mutant. In the echo of terminator Genisys he may come out saying. I am not mutant, nor child of the vault...I’m more! Meanwhile synch could just turn out to be Pandemic of X-men #194 after slugging it out with about 90 children of the vault let alone 3000 if we count all the pods. He could seriously after copying so many powers too evolve into an omega level mutant. Scott possibly probably could have created the worst threat to mutant kind ever. I wonder how Hickman will rewrite David Haller/ Legion.

This is scary stuff but also incredibly exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think I cracked the latest children of the vault introduction.At one point Sangre mantions that the 5 were enough to beat the xmen and so they would not match their entire kindred.I believe when the city /vault hosts the children they do so in groups of a minimum of 5-each group is called a pod.I think the individuals in one pod probably feel a kinship akin to brothers and sisters among humans. It is interesting that Sarafina’s pod ‘the conquistador’ group were labeled a recon group and it is this pod that is ‘restored’ as Sarfina is the only one who survived of the 5 she is the only one upgraded, but the rest are ‘restored’ i.e resurrected. The other pods 1-4 ‘EMPIRE’ ‘JUDGE’ ‘BUILDER’ and SWORD are other children perhaps the pod of Corrigidora and Cadena is under one of those names most likely ‘builder’. If my estimates are correct.Then pods 1-4 upgraded means about 20-25 children of the vault upgraded and with pod 5 restored that brings us about 30 children of the vault, plus pods 6-15 also upgraded means 50 plus or minus a few new children of the vault restored. In total we have about 80-90 new children of the vault!! It is entirely possible they have classes as well. For example Sarafina whether it’s because of her survival is higher than her siblings all restored to level one while she is at level 2 but we see the pods labeled ‘Empire’ and ‘Judge’ have all level 2 inhabitants. Meaning among the children of the vault they could be beta level children or ‘chimeras’ to use House of X language. Moreover the vault says all it’s children should be upgraded to level 3 for successful conquest of earth meaning all could potentially be omega level class. Considering how Powerful Sarafina was already in her own level. This would be well within Hickman’s mo, he always builds on levels of threat or power,for example Summoners in Xmen #2,Planetary societies Hives > Intelligences, Galactic societies Techarch> Worldmind >Phalanx and lastly Universal societies Titans>Strongholds> Dominions.

This has also made me think of the way threats to mutant dom seem to be building not as a way of just racism or xenophobia like in previous editions but competition. The Homo novissima are probably the zenith of humanity but they get there because Krakoa has taken the lead in bio engineering, and now is seen as a threat .Orchis built the mothermold but had not yet reached a way to build nimrods but they have found a way to bring store/download human consciousness into a device that uncannily looks like the red crystal in the chest of the nimrod in Moira’s ninth life. Also we see how telefloronics has now mutated into a literal biological life form that is superior to any sentinel save perhaps a nimrod. I do not have a theory on who the guy with the peacock tattoo is but we see his shadowy organization dabbles in enhancing humans with mutant like potential. It could be he is Lobe the super intelligent villain of Uncanny xmen #515, but that is the closest human that comes to mind.
    This brings me to the threat from the vault, while the children are formidable ,I fear for two x-men in particular. I actually think that while x-23 may come back seriously enhanced , she will probably be the only one to join the xmen.I theorise either Darwin will evolve in the vault to the point of evolving beyond mutant and being worshipped by the children of the vault as perhaps level 4 subjects beyond their reach. I really fear for Darwin especially. He is already hyper evolutionary in our world to put him in a timezone with accelerated stimuli for mutation he will definitely become something beyond mutant. In the echo of terminator Genisys he may come out saying. I am not mutant, nor child of the vault...I’m more! Meanwhile synch could just turn out to be Pandemic of X-men #194 after slugging it out with about 90 children of the vault let alone 3000 if we count all the pods. He could seriously after copying so many powers too evolve into an omega level mutant. Scott possibly probably could have created the worst threat to mutant kind ever. I wonder how Hickman will rewrite David Haller/ Legion.

Well dang, this IS very interesting. I'm going to re-read this a few times to fully digest but I like how you think. If you're right we're looking at almost 100 "children" and that could very well lead us to the next big event.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I went back to read Xmen 193(the last part in Supernova arc) and my theory is absolutely correct, Cadena right at the end says “In the Hold we had placed 3000 animal carcasses, gene sculpted to resemble human bodies-they will see them, they will smell them, they will believe’ In otherwords I had not even noticed that line as I read the comic years ago but yes the children of the vault deceived the xmen into thinking they were all on the conquistador and the number of fake corpses matches exactly 3000 , i.e 600 pods in the city multiplied by 5 children per pod.So yes there are 3000 children of the vault in the world, in the city and so far as per xmen #5 the pods awakened are 1-14 , meaning exactly 70 children out of 3000 are awake when Synch, X-23 and Darwin enter the vault.

Footage of Synch in the Vault has been obtained.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    This was really great! You could just feel the weight of the mission and it was just so good to see Synch back in action again. Feels like this is just a (really engaging) step for Hickman's masterplan and I'm here for it. The data page re: his return and how they brought Skin back soon after to help Everett out was such a nice treat. And SERAFINA! I was worried for her the entire time, I guess I picked my side.

I loved that too, but there were a few inconsistencies. Perro was not killed during Supernovas. And what happened to the corridor, the Children's extradimensional city shown in X-Men Legacy? Looks like Hickman skipped an arc. Luz, Cadena and Corrigidora will probably never return.
    Hickman skips many things. but obviously those characters exist. so Luz and Cadena sure if they returned with another more competent writer.

I hope Hickman doesn't harm Carey's great job. I admit I hate what you are doing hickman. he returned to Xavier again despicable, I hate the hypocrisy that exists in krakoa and I hate that he is moving the Xmen away from his premise that it was to live in a worldthat he hates them and trying to change that vision about them, I hate the new Moira, and the question of resurrections makes me tired. I didn't know that so many xmen were so weak and easy to kill lol
    I only wait when Hickman leaves the xbooks, this ends up being a great wh.if or an alternative line type aoa. because I'm not enjoying the xbooks at all since he took them. and he is annihilating them every two issues. to bring someclones Because that's what clones are. taking meaning away from death itselfThey have already brought hundreds or thousands of mutants. They are no longer in danger of extinction. The resurrection protocol should be destroyed. that that is not resurrections are cloning

But i love thecotv

Oh wow this was really interesting to read. I hope we get Higher Evolutionary Darwin as a new villain!

The Children are really scary. They were already ruthless and uberpowerful in previous incarnations. If they get more and more enhanced well then Krakoa might be screwed.

This has also made me think of the way threats to mutant dom seem to be building not as a way of just racism or xenophobia like in previous editions but competition.
    And it is something I dislike in this run, this liberalism… It would be OK if there were another ideology next to it but there is none. Despite all their differences, everyone thinks in the same way: how to be the strongest.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

I went back to read Xmen 193(the last part in Supernova arc) and my theory is absolutely correct, Cadena right at the end says “In the Hold we had placed 3000 animal carcasses, gene sculpted to resemble human bodies-they will see them, they will smell them, they will believe’ In otherwords I had not even noticed that line as I read the comic years ago but yes the children of the vault deceived the xmen into thinking they were all on the conquistador and the number of fake corpses matches exactly 3000 , i.e 600 pods in the city multiplied by 5 children per pod.So yes there are 3000 children of the vault in the world, in the city and so far as per xmen #5 the pods awakened are 1-14 , meaning exactly 70 children out of 3000 are awake when Synch, X-23 and Darwin enter the vault.
    Oh I had missed this other post. Thanks for making the research and the math hahahah I hope we go back to the Vault soon

Astonishing Member

I just realised something that Scott underestimated,the effect of time on the mind.If you really think about it assuming all the 3 X-Men survive the Vault which is very likely.Is it more likely that they will stay allied to the Xmen? At most they are each like 22 years old now to make them live fight/befriend with the children of the Vault for 537 years is a stupid mistake by Cyke.They will have more in common through memories and experiences with the children of the Vault than with mutants.Sure we may assume they hate the Vault and the 3000 kids at the outset but who knows if they won't grow to call the Vault/city their home? Put a guy in jail for 40 years and he comes out different.What was Cyke thinking?? I predict going forward x23 ,Synch and Darwin will come home like war veterans assuming they remain loyal to Krakoa and will probably roll with each other like some old god trio.