Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i imagine that it was for diversity and maybe a personal relationship between the actor and someone in casting. people had complained about the lack of black male mutants.
    And then they killed him! They could have at least given him another power.

But I digress...

Also, this is a plot from another issue, but with all the focus on parent/child relationships in this book, I'm wondering about Apocalypse's firet Horsemen aren't his biological children. I know it's sort of random, but was just thinking about it, as we fans do.

he didn't die. he was converted into energy. they got him out of the way because his power is a really poor visual outside of parlour tricks like the fish tank scene. the only action they'd be able to depict is him taking attacks and shrugging them off. he just wasn't a physical guy.
    Dude, that is literally the craziest thing I've heard in a while. He has what would be one of the most versatile and dramatic power sets. I agree with the inference of the racial aspect of the only black mutant being dealt with in an unimaginative manner, it comes off as typical, and laughable. Think about it a guy who's power is to ADAPT is killed by a bite of energy???? Our hope is that the comics have better sense and give Darwin proper showing and agency.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Dude, that is literally the craziest thing I've heard in a while. He has what would be one of the most versatile and dramatic power sets. I agree with the inference of the racial aspect of the only black mutant being dealt with in an unimaginative manner, it comes off as typical, and laughable. Think about it a guy who's power is to ADAPT is killed by a bite of energy???? Our hope is that the comics have better sense and give Darwin proper showing and agency.
    When i first saw it me and my buddy laughed then whispered "bet he come back and helps kill shaw as an evolved form"

The joke was on us
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I'd happily welcome if this was going to be an arc, rather than another one-and-done / world-building thing. As it stands, to me, this still reads as filler, even if it's not supposed to. The next issue could prove me wrong, of course.

After having a second read-through, I suppose Hickman was trying to backtrack a bit on the whole "no-stakes resurrection" card he has. From what I gather, the X-Men don't want to play the card unless there's a confirmed kill. Which still makes one wonder what happens to the bodies after death. Granted, while here it was initially framed as "we need you to get out so that Cerebro can copy your intel before you die", there also seemed, to me, that Darwin / Synch / X-23 were not resurrected in the 3 month gap.
    He wasnt backtracking becuase he brought up the dangers of resurrecting when there was no confirmed death before.

Good issue. Art was amazing (limited action scenes but they popped) and the story is interesting. I didn’t follow the title that initially introduced the Children Of the Vault but they sound really interesting so I may need go back and grab that story arc.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm going to say it:

Everett deserved better.

First of all, my boy does not have blank eyes. Secondly, he used his rainbow aura once....and that was the best you could do(boo art teams!)?

Do better....

I can’t stop looking at this image, lol.

I'm going to say it:

Everett deserved better.

First of all, my boy does not have blank eyes. Secondly, he used his rainbow aura once....and that was the best you could do(boo art teams!)?

Do better....

I haven't been able to read any of the posts that followed this... I just want to hug a baby goat.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    He wasnt backtracking becuase he brought up the dangers of resurrecting when there was no confirmed death before.
    Especially given these three mutants. Having multiple Darwins, Synchs, and X-23s running around is just a bad idea.

But more than anything, other books reveal that Xavier is worried about mutants getting too used to the resurrections and taking them for granted.
    Thank you! And again, they didn't just do this to any POC character, they did this to the one character who shouldn't be able to die! Especially from anything other than maybe a black hole of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I haven't been able to read any of the posts that followed this... I just want to hug a baby goat.
    For you, brother:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1195101436062916609
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Awww!

The cuteness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Awww!

The cuteness!
    Right?? Such wonderful souls.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The other pOC Angel was a stripper and very sexualized. First Class is a mess on people of color.

Darwin should be colored with white/grey skin

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    they are extremely combative.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm going to say it:

Everett deserved better.

Do better....

Personally, I loved the blank eyes they make him stand out more visually, something to help differentiate him in a field of characters. Although being a young black male within the X-men is already a rarity so there's that.

i imagine that it was for diversity and maybe a personal relationship between the actor and someone in casting. people had complained about the lack of black male mutants.

WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Personally, I loved the blank eyes they make him stand out more visually, something to help differentiate him in a field of characters. Although being a young black male within the X-men is already a rarity so there's that.
    His rainbow aura should be what makes him stand out. I prefer Synch with pupils.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'