Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

This was good. Way more interesting than the previous issues IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It was a joke. She was claiming the title, then told Logan in so many words he’s Wolverine once she heard about the ridiculous mission.
    It falls completely flat considering that Laura has never shirked or even complained about going on a potential suicide mission before.

I think she was messing with him about why he’s volunteering her and not going himself. I also took it as tongue in cheek myself.

i have Supernovas tpb right nxt to me. I should read it b4 this issue it sounds like.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    It falls completely flat considering that Laura has never shirked or even complained about going on a potential suicide mission before.
    I feel like it is a comedic bit that got lost on the art

Loved the issue and the setup. And the art inside the vault was perfect in its weird techno-surreality.

Well could be that it's more the "could be locked in there for 5000 years so you'll miss the next knitting club" type of thing. Even with Krakoan resurrections going on, who knows what life would look like for the mutants when they "get out."

Astonishing Member

I take it as her either wanting him to join them because of the importance or annoyance because un like Logan, she wants to be sure that gabby is being taken care of/casually droping a bomb like you'll be gone forever at last minute is a dick move

Hickman, Silva and Garcia are a comic dream team. This book was sublime (and I save that word for special occasions). LOL!
    I'm super intrigued as to what Synch, Darwin and X-23 have experienced. Also, the data page on Synch was so good. I'm glad that aspect of resurrection was addressed.
    I need more X-books like this!
    X-Men is finally being back to my favorite X-title. As it ALWAYS should have been.

It's not very surprising that the Vault is able to restore any Children who got killed, but I found it interesting that it refers to their names as "class", which again makes me suspect that these might not be the same individuals the X-Men encountered before.

I also assume it was Orchis who captured this Serafina and killed her companions, probably to reverse-engineer their technology, with the destroyed Sentinel outside being the remnant of their attempt to breach the vault.

Cyclops seemed distraught about what he had done, but numerous he went over how deadly the mission was, why was he panicking at the end, he knew the consequences.
    I was a bit annoyed at the cliffhanger ending. I bet this won't even be brought up in the next couple of issues.

BANNED

these data pages were the best by having information and an ilustration at once, so its not just exposition but also visual storytelling

Ok first of all, I screamed when I saw Everett. And we were right, squad. This team was needed because **** is dangerous!

Outstanding. Hickman's writing is made for this. He's so creative with their powers.
    He has breathed the Children back to life and the Vault was gorgeous.
    As others said, you felt the weight of the situation. And I love how much love Ev was given with that data page. So sweet that they brought Angelo back early for him.

I wish my eyes could see the world as Silva's art.

So happy to have him back.

Our Goddess.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Very happy to see the original group of the Children of the Vault all together again, as I think they were the best in designs and personalities. Perro having been dead does feel like an oversight, but it’s possible he died between appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    It's not very surprising that the Vault is able to restore any Children who got killed, but I found it interesting that it refers to their names as "class", which again makes me suspect that these might not be the same individuals the X-Men encountered before.

I also assume it was Orchis who captured this Serafina and killed her companions, probably to reverse-engineer their technology, with the destroyed Sentinel outside being the remnant of their attempt to breach the vault.
    I’m pretty sure that in this case “class” is just short for “classification”, which can mean individual names. I’d be surprised if they weren’t meant to be the same individuals.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 01-29-2020 at 09:54 AM.

More Synch scans please! So glad my boy is back!
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/