Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

It's a travesty that Silva isn't drawing this book regularly. The difference between him and Yu is night and day.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I think Silva is a much better match to Hickman then Yu.
    This can't be stated enough.

Incredible setup issue. I can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Mighty Member

I think the Master Mold the Vault is in is the same one Cassandra Nova used waaaaay back in "E is for Extinction" (New X-Men vol. 1 #114).

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think the Master Mold the Vault is in is the same one Cassandra Nova used waaaaay back in "E is for Extinction" (New X-Men vol. 1 #114).
    Yeah, it is. The Children of the Vault have been there for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    As I understand it they summoned her but she was in the hot tub with Remy.
    Yes, she was in the hot tub with Remy.

BANNED

This was good. I very much enjoyed this issue.

I've noticed that X-Men has hit and miss issues lol.

I thought it was good. Well as far as opening stories go.

I was just happy to have Synce back.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

We're not going to pick up on this plot thread and Team Survive for a while are we?

Solid issue, Art and dialogue were great and i'm very intrigued about tue mission...

My only complaints would be that it felt very very short and that we're probably not gonna follow this plot for a good while..

Bringing back Synch, Darwin and Laura as Wolverine just to send them on a thousand year long mission is pure BS of the highest degree. Things like this is why Marvel needs less white male writers on their writing, editorial and upper management staff.

The thing that bothers me the most isn't how they tone deafly sent the characters. But they arent even focusing on how the three characters feel about being the sacrificial lambs for it but how Cyclops feels about it. It's classic white male storytelling about how we need to focus on how bad the white male must feel about sending these non-white men on a suicidal task rather than putting the focus on where it belongs which is the people making the sacrifice. They literally didnt even have a single panel with any of them expressing any kind of real emotion except having Synch play the token black guy who makes a joke about the situation.

A comparative example would be Hickman's story with the mission to the Mother Mold in the sun. They showed the mission from the team's POV and went over how each of them felt about what was going on. They didn't just have Xavier assign them the mission then say "Months later" and have Xavier talking to Magneto on Earth about 'oh well they should be at the sun now" and Xavier then starts to lament about sending his students on a suicide mission.

Which is another-another problem. They're saying that the parameters of the mission means they may not be able to be properly resurrected so again the people that are PERFECT for this job are two POCs and a female version of Wolverine.

As I said the whole narrative and set-up of this is problematic and wouldn't have happened if they had actual gender and ethnic diversity on their staff.
    Last edited by JamJams; 01-29-2020 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    We're not going to pick up on this plot thread and Team Survive for a while are we?
    If Hickman is gonna Hickman, we're going to come back to this in a big way.

Everett, Laura, and Armando are heroes of the highest magnitude. They were told what to expect and they went in powers blazing. Brilliance.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

If Hickman is gonna Hickman, we're going to come back to this in a big way.

Everett, Laura, and Armando are heroes of the highest magnitude. They were told what to expect and they went in powers blazing. Brilliance.
    Problem is, how long. Percy said Laura would camio in xforce and wolverine so we know they be out eventually (unless flash backs or the antagonist of wolverine is a Laura who went insane after spending thousands of years in the vault being experimented on. Also I never liked time travel age ups unless it's under a few years) but at best this will happen in may the earliest and unless we get cuts to what's happening to them I dont think intrest in the plot will hold intrest for that long. (And hyping them up to throw away for months on end is kind of a dick move I want double wolverine team ups).

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Problem is, how long. Percy said Laura would camio in xforce and wolverine so we know they be out eventually (unless flash backs or the antagonist of wolverine is a Laura who went insane after spending thousands of years in the vault being experimented on. Also I never liked time travel age ups unless it's under a few years) but at best this will happen in may the earliest and unless we get cuts to what's happening to them I dont think intrest in the plot will hold intrest for that long. (And hyping them up to throw away for months on end is kind of a dick move I want double wolverine team ups).
    I was thinking the same thing about the cameos mentioned so probably not too long. And if Hickman turns it into a big deal (crossover perhaps?) when returning to it, I'm sure we'll be happy. The man doesn't do set up this well to let it fizzle out BUT, your concerns may turn out to be true.

I was already salivating to see Synch and Darwin return and now I have a larger puddle under me.

well if 3 months have passed in-story and that's the equivalent to half of their mission (I think?) and we've also seen Laura in Fallen Angels, im assuming they're pretty lax on timing/continuity. We could see these guys again whenever, probably sooner than later considering the Laura cameos Dthirds mentioned. Suffice to say 1000 years doesn't have to mean they're locked up in the vault for years to come and I think its too early to take this as these characters being written off/done away with

I was thinking the same thing about the cameos mentioned so probably not too long. And if Hickman turns it into a big deal (crossover perhaps?) when returning to it, I'm sure we'll be happy. The man doesn't do set up this well to let it fizzle out BUT, your concerns may turn out to be true.

I was already salivating to see Synch and Darwin return and now I have a larger puddle under me.
    ooooh I wasn't gonna let myself consider a crossover as a possibility but I guess its too late for that now...im already losing my mind over the possibilities. As long as we get to see their experiences in the vault ill be oh so happy.

on a side note since you mentioned it, Darwin and Synch's dynamic?? here for it
    Last edited by houndsofluv; 01-29-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    well if 3 months have passed in-story and that's the equivalent to half of their mission (I think?) and we've also seen Laura in Fallen Angels, im assuming they're pretty lax on timing/continuity. We could see these guys again whenever, probably sooner than later considering the Laura cameos Dthirds mentioned. Suffice to say 1000 years doesn't have to mean they're locked up in the vault for years to come and I think its too early to take this as these characters being written off/done away with

ooooh I wasn't gonna let myself consider a crossover as a possibility but I guess its too late for that now...im already losing my mind over the possibilities. As long as we get to see their experiences in the vault ill be oh so happy.

on a side note since you mentioned it, Darwin and Synch's dynamic?? here for it
    Agreed, it's quite early to tell how this will play out but the anticipation is yummy. Same here about seeing them in the Vault.

I loved their dynamic! Ev his usual light-hearted self being patient with Darwin's analytical self. Armando's smirk was adorable. I love itsy bitsy things like that.

I took a moment and looked at the pages of the three of them standing in the Vault and my heart got warm seeing these different eras together like this. Especially seeing Synch and Wolverine, it was like two of my worlds came together.
    Last edited by JB; 01-29-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Bringing back Synch, Darwin and Laura as Wolverine just to send them on a thousand year long mission is pure BS of the highest degree. Things like this is why Marvel needs less white male writers on their writing, editorial and upper management staff.

The thing that bothers me the most isn't how they tone deafly sent the characters. But they arent even focusing on how the three characters feel about being the sacrificial lambs for it but how Cyclops feels about it. It's classic white male storytelling about how we need to focus on how bad the white male must feel about sending these non-white men on a suicidal task rather than putting the focus on where it belongs which is the people making the sacrifice. They literally didnt even have a single panel with any of them expressing any kind of real emotion except having Synch play the token black guy who makes a joke about the situation.

A comparative example would be Hickman's story with the mission to the Mother Mold in the sun. They showed the mission from the team's POV and went over how each of them felt about what was going on. They didn't just have Xavier assign them the mission then say "Months later" and have Xavier talking to Magneto on Earth about 'oh well they should be at the sun now" and Xavier then starts to lament about sending his students on a suicide mission.

Which is another-another problem. They're saying that the parameters of the mission means they may not be able to be properly resurrected so again the people that are PERFECT for this job are two POCs and a female version of Wolverine.

As I said the whole narrative and set-up of this is problematic and wouldn't have happened if they had actual gender and ethnic diversity on their staff.
    *shakes tambourine*