Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Damn...lol
    Exactly what I was thinking, lol.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Laura's acting out because of the new parental relationships. She'll hopefully come around and get a small room in the Summer House. Gabby can sleep in the garage.
    Maybe Gabby will go with the FF after this desrespect

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This doesn't look like a setup for anew book, but for a new arc going on in x-men book.
    I'd happily welcome if this was going to be an arc, rather than another one-and-done / world-building thing. As it stands, to me, this still reads as filler, even if it's not supposed to. The next issue could prove me wrong, of course.

After having a second read-through, I suppose Hickman was trying to backtrack a bit on the whole "no-stakes resurrection" card he has. From what I gather, the X-Men don't want to play the card unless there's a confirmed kill. Which still makes one wonder what happens to the bodies after death. Granted, while here it was initially framed as "we need you to get out so that Cerebro can copy your intel before you die", there also seemed, to me, that Darwin / Synch / X-23 were not resurrected in the 3 month gap.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    After having a second read-through, I suppose Hickman was trying to backtrack a bit on the whole "no-stakes resurrection" card he has. From what I gather, the X-Men don't want to play the card unless there's a confirmed kill. Which still makes one wonder what happens to the bodies after death. Granted, while here it was initially framed as "we need you to get out so that Cerebro can copy your intel before you die", there also seemed, to me, that Darwin / Synch / X-23 were not resurrected in the 3 month gap.
    I'm hoping we get some of this info during X-Factor. It's such a meaty subject, the resurrection protocols.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I'd happily welcome if this was going to be an arc, rather than another one-and-done / world-building thing. As it stands, to me, this still reads as filler, even if it's not supposed to. The next issue could prove me wrong, of course.

Hickman avengers 12 first issues were basically setup that then became arcs as it went on.
    But I'm also frustrated by these one and done issues, they are very anti-climatic.

They can't be ressurrect if they aren't confirmed death. The risk is that they are ressurrected and then after some time they come out alive and well of the vault. It would create duplicates and screw up the ressurrection system.
    it's a big risk, no wonder Scott is regretting
    SO no ressurrection while on the 3 months on the vault.

I do not think this is filler at all. The Children are at level two and they need to become level three to take over the world. And they are upgrading.

Stunning. They outdid themselves.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Laura's acting out because of the new parental relationships. She'll hopefully come around and get a small room in the Summer House. Gabby can sleep in the garage.
    So are the summers taking care of gabby now ? I gurentree she could break Logan when left alone with him for too long

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So are the summers taking care of gabby now ? I gurentree she could break Logan when left alone with him for too long
    I'd love if they were! Jean and Gabby had a super cute relationship on Red.

Thought that it was interesting that this issue took out two of The Five's "Failsafes..." in one fell swoop.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    YES. If this is the best you can do-a filler issue that didn't really do them justice-Yes.

You know what this issue says to me-

wait to check out the trade at the library.
    Wait till it hit 25 cent bins.
    Drop from pull list.

Why would I care what Cyclops thinks? This could have been an issue focusing on each one that show clips of Storm and the others being the decoy and them going in.
    That would have been better.

Synch was a lead for a book for 5 years. He has a history with a TON of folks.

I get what you are saying. However history has shown that is not the result.

Who is going to approve those stories? If Storm & Bishop can't get solos or lead stories-what chance does those two have? There are some bigger names folks have been fighting to get books and they have been rejected.
    bro this isnt filler, its set up, it was the same with fantastic 4 and avengers, all these threads will comeback in the future and actually give these 2 characthers a story to be attached to, but I guess limbo is better.

and its literaly one final page that scott shows regret, it isnt half the issue dedicated to a monologue, had he not shown any worry it would be dehumanizing, had they sent someone else it would be unfair not to give darwin and synch a chance.
    Last edited by Ferro; 01-29-2020 at 10:07 PM.

Mighty Member

Hickman avengers 12 first issues were basically setup that then became arcs as it went on.
    That... is a very interesting point. Maybe I should just save up for the eventual TPB if it'll take at least 12 issues before X-Men gets the ball rolling.

But I'm also frustrated by these one and done issues, they are very anti-climatic.
    Agreed. It's almost a cycle of abuse for me. I get my hopes up every month thinking "hey, this is gonna be THAT issue", only to get disappointed all over again.

Edit:
    On a random note, typing "cycle of abuse" suddenly gave me horrible flashbacks to the in-progress BMB-era of X-Men stories, which caused me to drop the line out of frustration. Huh...I suddenly have life choices to think about, again :x
    Last edited by xiyon; 01-29-2020 at 10:27 PM.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Thought that it was interesting that this issue took out two of The Five's "Failsafes..." in one fell swoop.
    Two? Synch and who else? Darwin wasn't a replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

I’d be so pissed if I was resurrected and then a month later Cyclops asked me to enter a neon techno horror house that might trap me for 50+ years.

Two? Synch and who else? Darwin wasn't a replacement.
    Doh!

Make that "One".

That said, maybe I got to thinking about Darwin. Has he ever had "Active..." control over his mutation?