View Poll Results: Do you want a new Spider-Girl ongoing?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

14 66.67%
  • No

3 14.29%
  • Depends on the team involved

4 19.05%
    Member Since Jun 2009 thecrimson's Avatar

Default Do you want to see a new Spider-Girl ongoing?

I would, and I'm specifically referring to Anya. Do you think it's possible Marvel is going to launch one after Spider-Verse? And what creators would you like to see tackle her?

tumblr_my0i36lKFs1qerfito1_500.jpg

BANNED

I would definitely want to see this. I like Anya (although I prefer Mayday). I would prefer a relaunched Mayday series, but Anya has a lot of possibilities. I would love to see Kelly Sue Deconnick tackle her after her work with her in Avengers Assemble, with Annie Wu on art if Hawkeye ends and Kate Brown if not.

It could also be cool to see Mayday in the present day, like Miguel is, and perhaps a series that features both Spider-Girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    I would definitely want to see this. I like Anya (although I prefer Mayday). I would prefer a relaunched Mayday series, but Anya has a lot of possibilities. I would love to see Kelly Sue Deconnick tackle her after her work with her in Avengers Assemble, with Annie Wu on art if Hawkeye ends and Kate Brown if not.

It could also be cool to see Mayday in the present day, like Miguel is, and perhaps a series that features both Spider-Girls.
    I could get behind a Spider-Girls book.

Sure, why the hell not.

I need more Roberson! Count Yoda's Avatar

Why not?

I am pretty sure she got a shot a while ago, but what little I have seen of the character was endearing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Yoda View Post
    Why not?

I am pretty sure she got a shot a while ago, but what little I have seen of the character was endearing enough.
    It didn't last long, but I think she could possibly rock it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Sure I'd like one. I liked her appearances in Avengers Assemble and I'd like DeConnick to get a crack at it based on that.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Sure, she would do well in this era of All-New and NOW! as she no longer has issues like the MC2 Spider-Girl cancellation that weighed her down for years.

Hopefully Spiderverse will eventually lead to Anya being a bigger player in Spider stuff and give her a solo again where she teams up with Spider-Man and the Avengers on occassion.

Her new costume has grown on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post

Not just Mayday, what about Earth-X Mayday whose technically in a 616 as Planet X hasn't been retconned out yet by Havok preventing it?
    Last edited by Sardorim; 05-04-2014 at 04:08 PM.

I'm down for a Spider-Girl series (either Anya or Mayday).
    Formerly Doctor Malekith.

I love Anya, great character.. Yeah I always thought her ongoing - the run up to her Dads death - was too short.