Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I enjoyed the high points alot but it def feels like it was cut dramatically short which left a bitter taste.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by knowmadic View Post
    what was the point of this again? :\
    I agree. I love the art but I don’t get the point of the story. I was hoping Apoth was an evolution of the Shadow King because the storyline feels very reminiscent of Psi-Wars in the 90s X-Men comics. I think Kwannon and Cable is better fit with X-Force. It’ll be interesting what Sinister does with Apoth and how he’ll utilize Kwannon with the Hellions. Also, for someone who is distancing themselves from Betsy, why is use Betsy’s butterfly effect?

What a dud. The series started with tons of potential, but bad characterization and art destroyed anything this book could have been.
    I really hope Hellions does a better job with this character, who nows doesn't even have a proper name.
    If Fallen Angels is ever revived, Laura should be the focus and leader.

Ps: Those butterfly wings looked ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What a dud. The series started with tons of potential, but bad characterization and art destroyed anything this book could have been.
    I really hope Hellions does a better job with this character, who nows doesn't even have a proper name.
    If Fallen Angels is ever revived, Laura should be the focus and leader.

Ps: Those butterfly wings looked ridiculous.
    What bad characterization? Kwannon was purposely meant to be overbearing leader who thought she knew everything because that is how she was taught. What we as fan was calling bad characterization early was set up so Kwannon could show growth in backing off and understanding that she was being the same bad leader type as when she was trained. And based on how long it takes for these books to be done this likely was always Hill plan. He had better grasp on Wolverine than most people were giving him early.

People had no probably roasting him early give the writer credit because Laura is confident leader and Kwannon was giving her respect. All the issue between Kwannon and Betsy was worked out she wasn't blaming Betsy any more for stuff that wasn't her fault. Most complaints people had characters he answered in book and even worse for the people complaining he didn't go back and write stuff later this was always the plan. If someone of us let the story play out there wouldn't be as much complaining early.

The book had issues I don't characterization is one of them when you have the total view of the story, If you have RB silva or quality on this book. I think people would be calling it the best out of the bunch. Unfortunately the art wasn't good and it really hurt the ability to tell this story.

These decompressed stories where it takes 6 issues for two people to learn one thing will read better in trade, and probably recover some reputation.

Week by week it never feels like 1/6th of a arc, (even if it's 1/6th of a plot), it feels like being stuck at 0,0,0,0,0... Then a quick rush to complete the characters story. Reading this in a trade, this all happens in an hour, and one can be satisfied. This way, it's "butter scraped over too much bread".

This issue and this series surprised me. I wasn't sure what to expect when it began. It was hard to follow at times because for so long, Psylocke's story has been Betsy's story. Kwannon has never had a chance to expand her story or embrace the role of Psylocke. Through these past few issues, she has really made strides in making this role her own. She distinguished herself from Betsy and her struggles. She got a more fleshed out backstory through Apoth and made some good connections with Laura and Cable. This issue was really her finest hour. The way she confronted Apoth was perfect. She really came out a better character. I hope she continues to grow in other books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    These decompressed stories where it takes 6 issues for two people to learn one thing will read better in trade, and probably recover some reputation.

Week by week it never feels like 1/6th of a arc, (even if it's 1/6th of a plot), it feels like being stuck at 0,0,0,0,0... Then a quick rush to complete the characters story. Reading this in a trade, this all happens in an hour, and one can be satisfied. This way, it's "butter scraped over too much bread".
    Say what you like about Lord Claremont, but if he did a six parter it’d have to be the fate of the entire universe at stake. Days Of Future Past was two action packed issues.

No, people acted like nothing happened in these issues. But whether it was elaborating more on Psylocke’s past or revealing the double-sided nature of Apoth, there was something vital introduced in each issue.

Overall I appreciate this series for delving more into Kwannon's backstory. Now she's no longer just a blank slate. I'm hoping Hellions will continue to expand on her character development and we learn her real name and she gets a new costume.

Mighty Member

I suspect that "Fallen Angels" was truncated.

But, in fairness, it did what it needed to do. It managed to define Psylocke as a new character (rather than Captain Britain's sister with the tedious backstory). Pairing her off with a clone of Wolverine and a younger variant of Cable (two other characters with compromised identities) fit with the idea of (re)defining a main character.

Is the upcoming "Hellions" series going to have the same creative team?
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    I suspect that "Fallen Angels" was truncated.

But, in fairness, it did what it needed to do. It managed to define Psylocke as a new character (rather than Captain Britain's sister with the tedious backstory). Pairing her off with a clone of Wolverine and a younger variant of Cable (two other characters with compromised identities) fit with the idea of (re)defining a main character.

Is the upcoming "Hellions" series going to have the same creative team?
    Hellions will be written by Zeb Wells and drawn by Stephen Segovia.

Mighty Member

Ah well. (I was hoping for this series to continue under a new name. Looks like it will be something else entirely.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

I liked the first issue...maybe even the second, but it went down fast. The early ending because the writer got interested in things elsewhere really shows, especially with the introduction of Husk and Bling! joining the team, only to be seen in a few panels.

This series was just awful overall. I kind of wish I hadn't bought it. I love X-23, so I got suckered into picking it up, but it was just kind of boring and way too psylocke centric. I'm glad it's done with