Default Your preferred primary shades for Kal

We know his colors: Blue, Red, and Yellow.

But for those of you/us with more defined sensibilities, which exact shades of these colors do you think are best for the Last Son ?

Think crayola crayons for starters.

Really curious if people here prefer a darker or lighter blue or a brilliant or more subdued red, yellow versus outright gold, e.t.c.

Cerulean, Scarlet, and Dandelion. :P For crayon colors, that is.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I don't know about color names (I used to work in art, I really should!) but the blues should be dark and rich, a "noble" blue.

The reds should be bright and radiant and raw. Pure.

The yellows should be bright and strong as well, though I'd add a sun like glow effect to the yellows on the shield. Gold would be better but that's expensive for a printer....
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I like a middle-of-the-road royal blue. A little on the lighter end of that spectrum for comics and animation, and veering a little darker for live action. What I think would qualify as scarlet for the red, and a bright yellow, bright enough to not be confused for gold. Only time I've ever liked a gold take on the costume is in KC where the belt buckle is more golden. But never the shield.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-29-2020 at 03:09 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Depends. My preferences for the comic version is different from live action portrayals for instance. Then there's the difference between a modern glossy comic and an old newpaper-type-paper comic. Heck, even though both are 2D sometimes what work in a static image in comics just doesn't seem as great in animation. And then beyond the differences in mediums you got the mood. Is it a period piece like Superman Smashes the Klan, or his latest modern adventure in the Justice League? And on top of all that, you got aesthetic choices by artists. Some artists' styles call for a different color palette than others.

All that said, for just a general basic idea, personally I kind of prefer more muted, duller colors during more personal and introspective stories that really delve more into Clark's personality and such, and brighter colors for the more bombastic action stories where you got explosions going in the background.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

http://www.jennyscrayoncollection.co...rayon.html?m=1

My costume leanings have always gotten away from yellow actually, because I just don't like the color. But I think it could be to my liking with an open shield actually.

https://westfieldcomics.com/wow/art/...R130308-01.jpg

With a matching shield on the back. That would be unmellow yellow. Both mahogany and scarlet work for the red. Now this sounds funky, but I like two tone. It's my favorite post rebirth element, how the metallic cuffs can work as a reflection as well as a separate color. I'd wanna see it on the costume and to me that means cerulean and denim. Though for the traditional costume I like bluetiful.

Not a lot of color artists stick rigidly to the shades anyway but it's kinda hard to go wrong
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    yep! Same here with me. Bright and powerful colors not dull and drab. There was something in the Crisis series how Brandon Routh's suit just POPPED versus the duller CW Superman shades. I like a blue and a red that's not ashamed of being blue and Red.

The red has faded a bit since 1995 (pic is from Aug 2018), but these colors are my preference:
    SuperMrMrsJAK.jpg
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/