Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Fantasy Island :OTHER TVshows they could turn into Horror films?

Howabout :

The Flying Nun - the cute perky sister has the ability to fly and help those in need. Other powers begin to manifest and soon people in and around the convent start dying in horrible ways. The little nun has an immaculate conception as well. Is it HIS or "the other guy's"?....

Diff'rent strokes : Get-out style remake...

(what else?)

Any darker, more vigilante type superhero can work in a horror setting, so Batman is an obvious choice for a horror film.

Heck, I've seen some violent spooky crazy ninja stuff in anime, so the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles could pull off a horror film as well.

Let's see, I've got Batman and TMNT, might as well name off another show from my childhood that could be tooled into horror, Gargoyles. Scary yet good monsters fighting scarier monsters and robots.

Just as long as the good guys stay good guys, they could easily fit into a horror film as is. Plus there's really not enough entries in the action horror sub-genre.

Now if you're talking about twisting a show's premise instead of just dropping the leads in a horror scenario...Family Matters. Urkel as the killer!

Extraordinary Member

I don't know about horror, but I always wanted to see a serious Gilligan's Island movie with real, serious danger on the island - headhunters, wild animals, etc...

Astonishing Member

They've kinda already done versions of it, but Star Trek or almost any sci-fi.

The Facts of Life: Only 4 women survive a brutal massacre of an all-girls boarding school. But soon they find out there's something much more sinister about these girls.

I Dream of Jeannie: Man rescues beautiful Jeannie who grants him three wishes...twisted fantasy wishes come true, etc.

The Price is Right -- Contestants go on game show and win fantastic prizes--all of which turn out to be haunted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Batman is an obvious choice for a horror film.
    Just the Clayface story from the animated series is basically a body horror drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    Just the Clayface story from the animated series is basically a body horror drama.
    Still, even if there isn't a lot of horror-episodes doesn't mean it can't be an obvious choice.

BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF GENIE could easily be twisted into some schlocky dark stories i guess.

Scooby-Doo!

Oh wait, they did for awhile? Sweet! Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost...

Wait, Zombie Island had a sequel that basically retconned the whole actual zombie part with fakes? NANI!?

You know, I'll just pretend that sequel never happened to the best Scooby-Doo film.

Love Boat: Decent into Hell. They think they are on a cruise to find love. However the boat is controlled by the Devil, and they are cruising straight to hell itself.

Alf - in all his cat-eating glory.

Knight Rider - although I guess it's kinda been done. Just combine King's "Christine" with "2001's" HAL9000.

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - because, ghosts...

Small Wonder - creepy robot girl.

Perfect Strangers - like "Single White Female" but with a twisted xenophobic "23 and me" take on it. Do we really want to find out to whom we're related??

Saved by the Bell - like "Saw" or "Escape Room" where a high school gets turned into a big murder house, and you have to survive Screech's "murder classrooms" long enough for the bell to ring...

Baywatch - because, Hasselhoff...

Extraordinary Member

Don't forget The Munsters.

Why do they keep making The Addams Family movies and never The Munsters?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Don't forget The Munsters.

Why do they keep making The Addams Family movies and never The Munsters?
    Because the Addams Family was way more fun to play with, creatively.

GOOD TIMES: a show about life in the projects, and the birth of Candy Man.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Full House- a family is tormented by a 5th dimensional imp, Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    BEWITCHED and I DREAM OF GENIE could easily be twisted into some schlocky dark stories i guess.
    Isn't what they're kind of doing with the Sabrina reboot?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I don't know about horror, but I always wanted to see a serious Gilligan's Island movie with real, serious danger on the island - headhunters, wild animals, etc...
    Wasn't that pretty much Lost?