Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Wasn't "Fantasy Island" originally a bit more horror oriented in the first place? I seem to recall each ep having two stories - one more light, and the other story being a bit horror in a Twilight ZOne "be careful what you wish for" kinda way. When the show became more popular, it got more family friendly being paired with "Love Boat."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Love Boat: Decent into Hell. They think they are on a cruise to find love. However the boat is controlled by the Devil, and they are cruising straight to hell itself.
    don't have to be controlled by the devil , the ocean is vast , deep and scary and there are so many possibilities in doing a holiday cruise ship onlo the horror genre. they could have a deep sea monster from the Mariana Trench, they could venture into the bermuda triangle and weird **** happens or encounter a ghost ship etc, see deep sea rising, ghost ship, lost voyage etc or they could easily do a horror at 37,000 feet in a ship instead of on a plane where someone brought some mystical item onto the ship and supernatural mayhem ensures.

Okay, here's a few:

The Jetsons: What appears to be a high-tech utopia of flying cars, robot maids, and all sorts of fancy gadgets becomes terrifying as the machines take over more and more.

Barney: It's revealed the purple dinosaur eats the kids who become too old to be kids on his show.

Wheel of Fortune: We discover the financial miseries of those who end up on the 'Bankrupt' portion of the wheel. It's not pretty.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Because the Addams Family was way more fun to play with, creatively.

GOOD TIMES: a show about life in the projects, and the birth of Candy Man.
    I always thought the Addams Family tried too damn hard to be weird. The Munsters were more "natural".

So, I went through this thread a couple of times...

Unless I am just completely missing it, Manimal hasn't been mentioned once.

It also seems like you could get some mileage out of Madame's Place.

Mighty Member

Out of this world (obscure 80's sitcom) - Girl had alien dad so make it like Brightburn...

Punky Brewster - Henry preys on abandoned girls....

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Don't forget The Munsters.

Why do they keep making The Addams Family movies and never The Munsters?
    There have been three television reboots of the Munsters. The most recent was darker and featured Jerry O'Connell as Herman and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa. It lasted less than one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    There have been three television reboots of the Munsters. The most recent was darker and featured Jerry O'Connell as Herman and Eddie Izzard as Grandpa. It lasted less than one season.
    TV reboots aren't on the same level as movie reboots like Addams Family gets.

Here's a mashup that's fueled by the box wine I'm drinking:

Kristine

Knight Rider's car was KITT. KITT's adversary was KARR. Why not combine KARR with Stephen King's Christine? KARR is as indestructible as KITT. Imagine an evil possessed car with advanced technology and weaponry. I realize KARR was already evil, so this looks redundant. But part of Christine's powerset (kit? lol) was regeneration.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 02-02-2020 at 05:00 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Unless I am just completely missing it, Manimal hasn't been mentioned once.
    To me, that already exists -- "Altered States"

Extraordinary Member

Alf, Mork and Mindy

The Good Place - you think you're in heaven only to find out ... you're not.

Amazing Stories but full horror this time

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Facts of Life: Blair, Jo, Tootie and Natalie are witches who use their powers to kill, steal and lord over the students at their school while Mrs. Garrett is the increasingly overwhelmed den mother of their coven struggling to keep a tight rein on the girls.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Alf - in all his cat-eating glory.

Knight Rider - although I guess it's kinda been done. Just combine King's "Christine" with "2001's" HAL9000.

The Ghost and Mrs Muir - because, ghosts...

Small Wonder - creepy robot girl.

Perfect Strangers - like "Single White Female" but with a twisted xenophobic "23 and me" take on it. Do we really want to find out to whom we're related??

Saved by the Bell - like "Saw" or "Escape Room" where a high school gets turned into a big murder house, and you have to survive Screech's "murder classrooms" long enough for the bell to ring...

Baywatch - because, Hasselhoff...
    Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    Here's a mashup that's fueled by the box wine I'm drinking:

Kristine

Knight Rider's car was KITT. KITT's adversary was KARR. Why not combine KARR with Stephen King's Christine? KARR is as indestructible as KITT. Imagine an evil possessed car with advanced technology and weaponry. I realize KARR was already evil, so this looks redundant. But part of Christine's powerset (kit? lol) was regeneration.
    Sorry, j9ac9k! I just saw this part of your post from Page 1. That's what happens when I drink wine
    Original join date: sometime in 2002