Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

The biggest issue with the cuckoos right now is last time they were all together Esme was a backstabbing, selfish, murderous bitch out to kill her sisters and remain as one being. Yet that little detail has yet to be addressed.

I agree they were better off as 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The biggest issue with the cuckoos right now is last time they were all together Esme was a backstabbing, selfish, murderous bitch out to kill her sisters and remain as one being. Yet that little detail has yet to be addressed
    How many times are we gonna have to remind y’all about HOXPOX?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    How many times are we gonna have to remind y’all about HOXPOX?
    I read it I don't remember them addressing Esme's behavior unless I missed something.

I read it I don't remember them addressing Esme's behavior unless I missed something.
    I think the point is that this is a fresh start of sorts.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

•—[A]—• and Xavier shook hands. There’s mutant amnesty. The Cuckoos are a hivemind and made the mistake of placing the wheel in front of Esme, but they still care for their sisters. In Tamaki’s opening X-23 arc, they were willing to resurrect Sophie and Esme for their birthday and during the Chaos War, Esme saved Sophie.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I think the point is that this is a fresh start of sorts.
    That's fine as long as they address it on page otherwise I call BS the bitch tried to kill them all check her ass and then give her another shot.

That's fine as long as they address it on page otherwise I call BS the bitch tried to kill them all check her ass and then give her another shot.
    If it’s a fresh start why would they... nvm

If it’s a fresh start why would they... nvm
    Look I'm just saying as a reader I like to actually see shit play out. Esme and the other one are back that's great. They want to give her a fresh start that's great. We never saw how they got to this point so I'm questioning whether conversation was ever even had. Right now it seems like they all just forgot that whole situation ever even happened.

•—[A]—• and Xavier shook hands. There’s mutant amnesty. The Cuckoos are a hivemind and made the mistake of placing the wheel in front of Esme, but they still care for their sisters. In Tamaki’s opening X-23 arc, they were willing to resurrect Sophie and Esme for their birthday and during the Chaos War, Esme saved Sophie.
    Ah, I haven't read the Chaos War stuff.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:51 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I actually really liked this one.

What you guys are calling dark is actually a good thing. It incites emotions inside the reader. That's what makes entertainment mediums sale.

That X-23 story ended with Esme trying to kill everyone and Sophie convincing her sisters to banish her spirit to the afterlife. Xavier and the Mutant Formerly Known as Apocalypse shaking hands shouldn't be shorthand for every terrible thing a mutant ever doing being forgiven by their victims off screen. I know that's what they're going with and its terrible writing

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That X-23 story ended with Esme trying to kill everyone and Sophie convincing her sisters to banish her spirit to the afterlife. Xavier and the Mutant Formerly Known as Apocalypse shaking hands shouldn't be shorthand for every terrible thing a mutant ever doing being forgiven by their victims off screen. I know that's what they're going with and its terrible writing
    Why is it terrible? A handshake is a powerful thing in parts of American even today.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I wonder why, instead of looking at the context of why I brought up mutant amnesty in the form of •—[A]—• and Xavier as well as the pre-established character beat that Cuckoos being generally forgiving of their sisters, you tell me the end of a story I’ve already read as some sort of “gotcha.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TedderX View Post
    Why is it terrible? A handshake is a powerful thing in parts of American even today.
    Symbolically, yes, it’s powerful. But when you step away from the symbolism and look at it from the people’s perspective, the one’s who’ve been done harm by Apocalypse? You have to ask: how, exactly, does that absolve Laura’s distrust of Esme? Why does that handshake mean that Laura’s in any way obligated to give Esme a second chance without some real effort on her part, after all the shit we’d seen her out her through? If mutants are no longer ‘obligated’ to forgive humanity for the traumas they’ve inflicted to mutants, why is it surprising to think that the same attitude might be carried over to their own ranks?

Mutants are as individual as humans, after all, political unification means nothing in an every day sense. Emma invading Storm’s mind and stealing her body, for example: Emma might be ‘forgiven’ under the amnesty law, but Ororo herself still clearly is marked in some way by the experience. She’s overcome the trauma of it, of course, but the experience itself is enough for her to keep Emma at a distance because, to put it simply, the woman did something terrible to her that made her feel violated.

No-one who’s been harmed by someone is obligated to forgive them: that’s also where some readers are coming from, in this regard: “Why should we forgive you? What are you actually doing that helps heal the horrible thing you’ve done to me? Why should I be obligated to trust you?”

Couple that with hat could be argued as a bit of a ‘glorification’ of the villains worst aspects...it’s a question that’s gonna persist. The villains need to have these attitudes challenged a bit if the readers who do distrust them are to be convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Symbolically, yes, it’s powerful. But when you step away from the symbolism and look at it from the people’s perspective, the one’s who’ve been done harm by Apocalypse? You have to ask: how, exactly, does that absolve Laura’s distrust of Esme? Why does that handshake mean that Laura’s in any way obligated to give Esme a second chance without some real effort on her part, after all the shit we’d seen her out her through? If mutants are no longer ‘obligated’ to forgive humanity for the traumas they’ve inflicted to mutants, why is it surprising to think that the same attitude might be carried over to their own ranks?

Mutants are as individual as humans, after all, political unification means nothing in an every day sense. Emma invading Storm’s mind and stealing her body, for example: Emma might be ‘forgiven’ under the amnesty law, but Ororo herself still clearly is marked in some way by the experience. She’s overcome the trauma of it, of course, but the experience itself is enough for her to keep Emma at a distance because, to put it simply, the woman did something terrible to her that made her feel violated.

No-one who’s been harmed by someone is obligated to forgive them: that’s also where some readers are coming from, in this regard: “Why should we forgive you? What are you actually doing that helps heal the horrible thing you’ve done to me? Why should I be obligated to trust you?”

Couple that with hat could be argued as a bit of a ‘glorification’ of the villains worst aspects...it’s a question that’s gonna persist. The villains need to have these attitudes challenged a bit if the readers who do distrust them are to be convinced.
    The problem is that fans like these villains. So they completely overlook all the bad things they have done;
    We see it all the time;
    very often they don't apologize or try to make up for that

How mutants are better than humans when they inflicted so much pain on their own fellow mutants. It is all hipocrisy