Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Huntress has a quite small role in the movie (arguably the smallest one among the named characters), but she has some good moments.

Black Mask is a bit trickier but Ewan McGregor does a great job as Roman Sionis the Mob Boss.

Let me put it like this: if you approach this as a girl gang action mob movie, you'll have a grand time.
    Yeah, I think people need to also remember that DC has always reinvented their characters even in comics it's part of their appeal. For DC its best to look at each piece of work as something new. You may like it or you may not. For me as long as the core of the characters are the same and the film is good, I don't mind other creative changes.

For people who say that Marvel makes their movies closer to the comics, well that's also because Marvel doesn't really reinvent their characters as much they usually pass the mantle to someone else. Characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Spiderman, and F4 have not changed too much since their creation. Nothing wrong with it, both companies just have different strengths that work for them. For DC they had to reinvent their characters out of necessity, which is why we they are open to different takes on characters without thinking much about it.
    Last edited by ComicJunkie21; 02-09-2020 at 06:18 AM.