Page 39 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Citation needed
    Like the cartoons and TV series.

Let's just see will future issue and new adaptation go with the movie's way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post

And the BoP name will be tainted in movie franchise for a while. That's what really pissed me off. Sad to see such a great heroine group and cool characters get wasted like this.
    Should have/could have been a successful female franchise now it's on the back burner for who knows how long? Should have stuck with the PG-13 rating, more emphasis on the BoP characters, a real Cassandra Cain, and used real costumes and not be so ashamed of them. HQ is not that popular onscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Should have/could have been a successful female franchise now it's on the back burner for who knows how long? Should have stuck with the PG-13 rating, more emphasis on the BoP characters, a real Cassandra Cain, and used real costumes and not be so ashamed of them. HQ is not that popular onscreen.
    Yes, but they didn't even give it a try.

I don't know why so many ppl still refuse to see it, just look at the poster, the media from both sides and even most of the supporters. Most of them don't even give those characters a **** or briefly mention them, it's all about "Harley Quinn good or bad, should you go to see it because of her or not". They were never treated as the main characters.

Astonishing Member

To me it made no sense bringing back HQ after a 4 year hiatus and declare her as one of the cornerstones of the DCEU. How many projects was she supposed to star in? Like 5 more? Gotham City Sirens is possibly shelved. The BOP VS GCS is gone. Ditto BOP 2. Yes HQ sold merch but her onscreen persona is overrated. I like Robbie and her other roles but she ain't no Ryan Deadpool

DC is not that dumb, if the adaptation is well received they will make sequel about it and even put them into comics.

Harley Quinn herself is the perfect example, she was an original character from the animated series and becomes such a major figure in comics and other media because of her popularity. Antje Traue's Faora was so well received even many comic artists draw the character based on her version.

What's the chance of this BoP getting a sequel or affect future comic/cartoon/live action version of the character(except the movie related issues)? Like keep Canary black and have her wearing that Vixen costume, kick out Barbara or keep Cassandra as how she is in the movie? Will any of the actors(other than Robbie) be remembered for their role in this(in a good way)? We all know it.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    To me it made no sense bringing back HQ after a 4 year hiatus and declare her as one of the cornerstones of the DCEU. How many projects was she supposed to star in? Like 5 more? Gotham City Sirens is possibly shelved. The BOP VS GCS is gone. Ditto BOP 2. Yes HQ sold merch but her onscreen persona is overrated. I like Robbie and her other roles but she ain't no Ryan Deadpool
    Because

1. SS made a lot of money
    2. She was the most well received character in that movie.
    3. Robbie's career is going quite well these years outside of DC.
    4. She got her ambition and for WB/DC it's a chance to show their "support of girl power" by giving her the producer helm.
    5. WB/DC has NO respect of BoP, they are willing to mess them up for Robbie's Harley.

We will see how will it go in SS2. I think Robbie is a great actress and am happy to see her more often as Harley, just not as the producer and not at the cost of ruining other good character.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 02-23-2020 at 08:46 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It seems like the project heads didn't have enough faith in the star power (they only have Ewan McGregor as the main villain) and with Barbara Gordon in a separate project, they brought in Margot Robbie to fix those problems and messed up.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    It seems like the project heads didn't have enough faith in the star power (they only have Ewan McGregor as the main villain) and with Barbara Gordon in a separate project, they brought in Margot Robbie to fix those problems and messed up.
    No, Robbie was the producer from the beginning. The whole project was to further set up Harley.

The cast was picked by her crew. Since nobody could outshine the star, so....

We will see how will it go in SS2. I think Robbie is a great actress and am happy to see her more often as Harley, just not as the producer and not at the cost of ruining other good character.

The main sell of SS1 was Joker+Harley. Now that Leto's Joker is out of the picture. what is the attraction to her character? DC would be better off replacing Leto to continue the romance of Joker and Harley, a romance that draws in viewers.

Extraordinary Member

Saw the movie. It was alright for the most part.

But I am one of the people is greatly disappointed that they reduced Cassandra Cain to a generic morality pet kid character for Harley and generally made her completely unrecognizable compared to the original comic character. And I really want to know who decided on this change and why thought it was a good idea when it actually just alienates fans of the character.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Saw the movie. It was alright for the most part.

But I am one of the people is greatly disappointed that they reduced Cassandra Cain to a generic morality pet kid character for Harley and generally made her completely unrecognizable compared to the original comic character. And I really want to know who decided on this change and why thought it was a good idea when it actually just alienates fans of the character.
    Because general audiences don't know who she is.

Remember her run as Batgirl did not get printed as trades until 2016 and not every store or library got copies of that run.

Also for many that OGN Shadow of Batgirl is the first full introduction to her.

What you got is a blank slate to work with if you had plans to expand on the character in another format, however with the way that OGN is selling-it might be that version.

Yall can forget about the pre2011 Cass ever coming-Dan made sure that version was dead with his antics. That is who you need to be mad at.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    The main sell of SS1 was Joker+Harley. Now that Leto's Joker is out of the picture. what is the attraction to her character? DC would be better off replacing Leto to continue the romance of Joker and Harley, a romance that draws in viewers.
    Like I said, I want to see her as Harleen in a good origin movie. Use someone else as Joker if Leto could not come back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because general audiences don't know who she is.

Remember her run as Batgirl did not get printed as trades until 2016 and not every store or library got copies of that run.

Also for many that OGN Shadow of Batgirl is the first full introduction to her.

What you got is a blank slate to work with if you had plans to expand on the character in another format, however with the way that OGN is selling-it might be that version.

Yall can forget about the pre2011 Cass ever coming-Dan made sure that version was dead with his antics. That is who you need to be mad at.
    I absolutely love how everyone acts like Cass' obscure nature makes it okay for the movie to basically a diverse character for a blond white girl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I absolutely love how everyone acts like Cass' obscure nature makes it okay for the movie to basically a diverse character for a blond white girl.
    And there is NO room for another blonde white girl!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Like the cartoons and TV series.

Let's just see will future issue and new adaptation go with the movie's way.
    Did her appearances in those cartoons and TV raise her stock? Did her popularity spike? She's still in the same spot as she always was. Say if she had a popularity spike like the Question did thanks to his JLU appearances you might have something but she never had that.