Page 28 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Those aside, Sonic is a hit, but I don't think its performance affect BoP's 2nd week box office that much.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Please do not treat that trash fire site as actual news.
    The source is trash but there was a group of disgruntled fans that wanted to sabotage Sonic's box office in retaliation of this movie under performance.

BANNED

@Slowpokeking: "Just like you cannot let Brie Larson has too much to say about MCU movies or it's going to be a disaster"

Do you mean the made up stuff certain People talked About on YouTube for example? If so than the example is not good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    In terms of this discussion, it's YouTubers who hate-watch things and give hyperboilc rants about them for money. And yes, they are dishonest, because they have to make things look as bad as possible. I've seen enough to know that flat-out lying about what they watch is not at all unusual for these sorts of folks.

And? They'd still be using it as an insult, as if any sort of minority taking a lead role in media, or the act of supporting that, is a bad thing.
    Stuff like this Always makes me remember this scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBWbpTJRqk

I know it would be wrong, but it has something to it.

And to think that Kevin Smith made this what 15 years ago ? Even more relevant now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Oh, boycott is ‘generous’, more like some jerks on Twitter. Doubt many people even saw that
    Yeah the people doing that stuff were jerks and the whole thing was uncalled for. Unfortunately, their stupidity took away from another movement on twitter that fans of the film started that's way more civil and even made the director happy.

So, bad news:

Today was my day off and the kids were going to go to school, leaving me by my lonesome to watch this R-rated movie.

Then one of them got a fever last night that still hasn't broke. So I'm staying home today.

Which was my only day for the foreseeable future to get out for a 3 hour block during the day.

I guess I'll watch this when it is available on OnDemand in a few months or on HBO in less than a year.

Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    A lot of female centric movies have been flopping recently. its not only Birds of Prey.

Terminator Dark Fate
    Charlie's Angels
    The Rhythm Section
    Birds of Prey

If Mulan, Black Widow and Wonder Woman 2 joins this list. The feminist movement will be in big trouble.
    Terminator Dark Fate’s performance could be attributed to franchise burn out. Prior to Dark Fate there hasn’t really been a great Terminator film since T2. Terminator name doesn’t carry much weight anymore.

The rest could be attributed to poor marketing.

I highly doubt Wonder Woman and Black Widow will flop. Saying that the “feminist movement” will be in trouble for these movies is an asinine statement.

Female centric movies are never the problem, it's that you need to focus on the actual quality instead of pushing too hard for your own message.

Dark Fate is the best movie among them but the franchise simply should have ended long ago.

Charlie's Angels has a good cast but Elizabeth Banks isn't good enough as a blockbuster director yet, despite her good acting skills. Also she tried too hard on the woke stuff.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Dark Fate was done as soon as the spoiler about Jon Connor got around. That absolutely killed the movie imo.

Same thing.

I am a long time DC/DCEU lover, a fan of Black Canary and was very happy when BoP project was announced. But after seeing it's actually Harley Quinn focused and the cast I chose to give it a meh. I don't hate Harley or Robbie at all, she did a good job on the character and is a very good actress.

You need to please the target audience if you want them to give money. That's what Sonic did, they pushed back schedule and added 5m to improve Sonic's model.

Also one of the reasons that the last Terminator movie largely pissed me off is because they turned John Connor into the villain and spoiled it in the trailer, who gave them this stupid idea?
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 02-17-2020 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Also one of the reasons that the last Terminator movie largely pissed me off is because they turned John Connor into the villain and spoiled it in the trailer, who gave them this stupid idea?
    Wasn’t that Genisys? Or did they do it again?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wasn’t that Genisys? Or did they do it again?
    I was talking about Genisys.

Spectacular Member

Saw BoP this weekend and, to me, it was entertaining. By no means do I see any awards being won, but it wasn't bad.
    In my opinion, it had a bit of a Deadpool "feel" but turned up to 6 instead of 10, and also tried to still keep ties to the Suicide Squad movie (the music, the pace...i know its the same universe and character).
    I enjoyed the Black Canary but really didnt like the Huntress character. Not sure if it was the writing, directing or acting for that character that I was not receiving well, but it just didnt work for me.
    I have paid to see worse "superhero/comic book" movies (Thor; Thorark World; a few others), so it doesnt bother me to have paid for this one either.
    I am a huge DC fan, and am hoping this is only a hiccup, as I am eagerly awaiting WW84 and Black Adam to push WB/DC even more.

Thor Dark World was ok, the worst MCU movie I've seen was Captain Marvel.