Page 29 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Female centric movies are never the problem, it's that you need to focus on the actual quality instead of pushing too hard for your own message.

Dark Fate is the best movie among them but the franchise simply should have ended long ago.

Charlie's Angels has a good cast but Elizabeth Banks isn't good enough as a blockbuster director yet, despite her good acting skills. Also she tried too hard on the woke stuff.
    They should have switched to tv, that's where the franchise shined. SCC proved it was a superior format, rather than remaking Terminator 2 endlessly. Dark Fate was a chance to do something new and they didn't go far enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They should have switched to tv, that's where the franchise shined. SCC proved it was a superior format, rather than remaking Terminator 2 endlessly. Dark Fate was a chance to do something new and they didn't go far enough.
    They did try with Salvation and it didn't work in box office.

I actually feel bad for Charlie's Angels since I like the franchise, and the cast including Banks are good actors, but the movie's quality really sucks.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Far enough? That movie didn't move an inch.

Movie was fun.
    I went in with zero expectations, based on the lackluster trailer was going to pass, I was a casual fan of the Simone run and this all just seemed off, but was removed enough from it, that I was open to a new take. Girlfriend said lets go see it), having not read any reviews or discussion (here or elsewhere) absolutely no interest in the drama being hashed out on line, so none of that affected me, I really had no idea what to expect.
    I was surprised I really enjoyed it.
    And I'd see a sequel by the same team if it was forthcoming.

I liked seeing their take on the BOP assembled.
    And if Harley and Cain are joined by Ivy for Gotham Sirens, reluctantly pitted against the now established BOP, I think it'd be great.

Maybe intro Lady Shiva as the main villain, as Cain's estranged real mother. And have a rift between the BOP (who are genuinely out to save the City) vs the Sirens (who are out for themselves) fighting for Cassandra's well being and direction.
    In the end they realize she can, and does embody the best elements from both.
    Reveal Lady Shiva in forcing them to work together, played them both, ...and now has all of them fighting for the well being of her daughter!
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-17-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Watched it again last night, cause my girl wanted to watch it. Fun movie, she really enjoyed it aswell

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Far enough? That movie didn't move an inch.
    Grace was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    How about you do some research on your own before making these claims otherwise it comes across as trolling. Its been well reported that DCEU is an unofficial name and that WB has used Worlds of DC since 2017.
    And no one uses it, not even WB. I've never heard a new piece of DC media advertised as part of the 'Worlds of DC,' nor really the media when discussing these films, nor does the fan base. It's isn't a real thing and never really was, the only people who still bring up the 'Worlds of DC' thing are people who tend to be anti-DCEU.

Additionally, WB has stated numerous times that they are focusing less on connectivity and more on standalone films so that directors are not bound. Before responding again go and google it yourself, it's not hard.
    Which is why in James Gunn's SS film there is going to be a cameo from HQ and Shazam is essentially getting a spin-off film as well...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Grace was awesome.
    A single character doesn't save a movie.

As much as I criticize how this project was handled. Margot Robbie truly is a very good actress and the perfect choice for Harley from the beginning.

If she truly wants to do a R rated movie. Why not go like the Joker, use a low budge to make a drama instead of blockbuster movie focusing on Harley Quinn, she has the acting skill to do so and Harley's background also has the potential. It might be a very good movie and truly speak for the female, also earn her another Oscar nomination at least.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    If she truly wants to do a R rated movie. Why not go like the Joker, use a low budge to make a drama instead of blockbuster movie focusing on Harley Quinn, she has the acting skill to do so and Harley's background also has the potential. It might be a very good movie and truly speak for the female, also earn her another Oscar nomination at least.
    Stop that, someone is going to read this and make this the plot to the sequel for Joker, "Harleen".

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    Stop that, someone is going to read this and make this the plot to the sequel for Joker, "Harleen".
    If there is a Joker 2, Let them not introduce Harley...''Harleen''. They should introduce Batman. I like the idea of two Batmans in cinema. One in the 80s with Joker, one in the 2020s played by Robert Pattinson.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    What's so bad about it? It would be nice if handled well, and Robbie certainly has the acting to carry it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    If there is a Joker 2, Let them not introduce Harley...''Harleen''. They should introduce Batman. I like the idea of two Batmans in cinema. One in the 80s with Joker, one in the 2020s played by Robert Pattinson.
    I don't think Batman will play well in this Joker centered plot. But Harley certainly has potential. Her relationship with the Joker was also very weird to me.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valentis View Post
    A lot of female centric movies have been flopping recently. its not only Birds of Prey.

Terminator Dark Fate
    Charlie's Angels
    The Rhythm Section
    Birds of Prey

If Mulan, Black Widow and Wonder Woman 2 joins this list. The feminist movement will be in big trouble.
    If those movies flopped,it's because they were bad.

There's no way a remake of a good cartoon, a Marvel movie and a sequel to a good DC movie are gonna fail unless something remarkably stupid happens.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Harley Quinn up to 145M worldwide. Probably going to lose slightly amounts or break even after all is said and done.

The real question is how this will effect Suicide Squad, DC could get cold feet and go PG13 with it.