Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
I would really love to have a discussion about color purple but this is not the thread for it. I only brought up the movie as an example to show women can carry a movie if there is substance and they can do it without superficially hating men.

As for the SJWs, no it is not and it is getting very offensive to claim color purple, a movie based on the hardship of the black experience that is actually a historical fact with some well done fictional characters, it should not be used as a means to justify other female lead films/tv like captain marvel, Michael burnham and rey who are just plain awful badly written characters that SJW love to defend while ignoring good writing , zero character development, story inconsistency and the lore of the series.

Rey and Michael alone have destroyed the entire mythological lore of star trek and star wars and this is because of the SJW agenda that other movies and TV like Color Purple, Bring it On, Wonder Woman, Buffy and Alias have show not to be necessary.

Alice Walker wrote a pulitzer prize masterpiece with the color purple with relatable likeable female characters, neither the recent captain marvel, star wars or trek are masterpieces with their one dimensional shallow writing of their female lead because modern Hollywood thinks this is how to do strong female characters by turning them into super gods with no efforts, hard work or convincing story to back it up.

Holding people like Havey Wienstien or Bill Cosby responsible for their behaviour is not hating men or being SJW, Randomly attacking men and acting all of them are automatically guilty of some kind of assault, privilege or harassment is hating men and acting all SJW. there is a fine line between both and Hollywood is getting it twisted, now back to the topic of birds of prey that I do hope avoid another captain marvel situation.
You should really try to understand what someone is writing. That is not what they are saying at all. The movie would get called a "SJW" movie by certain People if made today . Just like them making stuff up About movies or actresses "hating men".

Regarding the movie i hope we don't get the "movies are empty" stuff and if the movie is a sucess they will suddenly Change their stuff to "Warner bought tickets to bolster the numbers". I had enough of that idiocy with captain Marvel.