Page 6 of 64 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    People aren't allowed to have opinions on his movies?
    When they keep hammering on those opinions over and over again, yeah, it starts getting obnoxious.

As far as Wonder Woman and Shazam (I didn't think much of Aquaman, myself), I mean, do you really think this is just some vast conspiracy to spite Snyder and his fans? That people don't actually enjoy those movies? Really?
    You tell me. I enjoyed those movies (Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam) just fine. It's the rest of the web that seems to love using them to bash the earlier DC movies as I said.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 02-05-2020 at 09:50 PM.

Astonishing Member

I have seen it yesterday.

Me and my buddy thought it was an okay movie. We got what we expected, a lot of mayhem and Harley stuff. Sometimes the fights were boring, rehash of moves with a few good ones here and there. Cassandra Cain was a real disappointment. My wife and her friend were bored by it and didn't like the movie at all. Both thought SS was a good movie but this one was played too silly for their tastes.

All in all it was okay, but I won't watch it again, ever: It was one of these movies were you have the feeling to only need to see it once

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    When they keep hammering on those opinions over and over again, yeah, it starts getting obnoxious.

You tell me. I enjoyed those movies (Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Shazam) just fine. It's the rest of the web that seems to love using them to bash the earlier DC movies as I said.
    I think the whole #ReleaseTheSnyderCut movement has kept the argument alive.

Astonishing Member

As if that makes the movie better

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

All in all it was okay, but I won't watch it again, ever: It was one of these movies were you have the feeling to only need to see it once
    Great. Not missing anything.

This will be one of those movies I'll see 3-4 years down the road at 3AM by sheer accident.

I saw the movie last night at an early screening. Spoiler free take:

I enjoyed it! It was super fun and HQ was well written and true to the character. They also nailed her acrobatic fighting style. Robbie was born to plays HQ in my opinion.

I feel like the story could have been streamlined a bit but it makes sense from the perspective of who’s telling the story.

Montoya felt right. I’m not super familiar with Huntress and Black Canary to say much about them, but I did like the movie versions on their own. Cassandra Cain fans have the most reason to be disappointed as she has almost 0 in common with the comic version.

Yes, there’s some female empowerment themes, but it goes about it in a less hamfisted way than, say, Captain Marvel did.

Overall it was a fun time at the movies and another step in the right direction for DC. I hope to see more HQ-centric movies in the future (maybe one with Poison Ivy and Catwoman in the future).

There's a lot of talk about "DC's films", but I don't know if there is such a thing. Unless I'm mistaken, there really isn't a mastermind behind them like Feige to determine the tone or direction of these films. (Nolan was supposed to be that, but that ended right?) They decided to trust individual filmmakers and they're hit or miss and one doesn't really have anything to do with the other - like any studio's slate of films that aren't based on characters who inhabit the same comic book universe. Or am I completely mistaken about that?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post

Me and my buddy thought it was an okay movie. We got what we expected, a lot of mayhem and Harley stuff. Sometimes the fights were boring, rehash of moves with a few good ones here and there. Cassandra Cain was a real disappointment. My wife and her friend were bored by it and didn't like the movie at all. Both thought SS was a good movie but this one was played too silly for their tastes.

The trailers alone convinced me not to watch this crap movie.
    It looks like a disaster that will crash quickly at the box office.
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Astonishing Member

Man it must eat you guy up inside knowing Captain Marvel made a billion dollars.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I was really hyped for this after seeing the reviews and scores. After watching it, I thought it was oookay.

If I pretend that Cassandra Cain and Black Mask are not Cassandra Cain and Black Mask, it gets immensely better. I already went into it knowing that it was going to be Harley Quinn: The Movie and Friends, so that was fine. I wish it was longer; I don't know why. The story was complete and the time needed to tell it was enough, but I still wanted more.

Huntress didn't feel like Huntress in my head, but at the same time was...if that makes sense.

Felt kinda bad for Gail Simone because her name showed up in the block of names as opposed to getting her own 'paragraph' line like Paul Dini and Bruce Timm did.

I did not like it as much as I was expecting to. And it did feel like it was toooo campy, despite the Harley-ness of it all. It's like WB double-downed on Schumacker Batman and Robin but executed better.

Astonishing Member

Already certified fresh at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe8 View Post
    Just came back… and i loved it.

It doesn’t disregard Suicide Squad at all, it even does a better job of showcasing how the relationship between Harley and Joker was bad.

But at the same time, it doesn’t dwell on SS, besides some winks and callbacks.

It tells a story, the meat of which is set in one day, and the rest is mostly told through flashbacks, which makes for a good reason for Batman not showing up

The movie takes the narration deadlpool did, and actually does it better. Instead of breaking the fourth wall, its Harley being the narrator, wich allows it to be absurd at times, but never too much,.

I was actually suprised how much i liked Black Canary and Huntress, and i would especially have loved to see more of Huntress., but at the same time, Zsasz should have more of a story (the guy was so gay for Black Mask, but its never mentioned)

The soundtrack is banging, and fits every scene,the fight scenes are on point (i mean, im still thinking about what to call someone getting a car door window kicked through??? their head), and the ladies aren’t invulnerable. The bad guys might not win, but they get some kicks in.

The only downside really was Cassandra. I get what her purpose was, but anyone who has ever read Cass, can’t help but think, why use the name if you arent going to use the character.

But in the end this was a good, funny movie, WB is keeping their streak going, telling their own stories, without copying marvel, and both Harley and the birds are left in a place where they can go on to the next movie.

Ill be seeing it at least three more times

Glad you loved it, and it seems everyone who saw it in this thread already at least thought it was ok. So, no BvS teeth-gnashing from anyone. I'll definitely see it opening weekend without trepidation.

It's interesting you say that it doesn't disregard Suicide Squad because James Gunn's Suicide Squad reboot WILL ignore the first movie...

... I think.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's a lot of talk about "DC's films", but I don't know if there is such a thing. Unless I'm mistaken, there really isn't a mastermind behind them like Feige to determine the tone or direction of these films. (Nolan was supposed to be that, but that ended right?) They decided to trust individual filmmakers and they're hit or miss and one doesn't really have anything to do with the other - like any studio's slate of films that aren't based on characters who inhabit the same comic book universe. Or am I completely mistaken about that?
    They do have a Fiege type, kind of. I forgot his name but there was a new person who took over the film division post-Batman vs Superman and they're a close colleague of James Wan. The quality control skyrocketed once they took over.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Man it must eat you guy up inside knowing Captain Marvel made a billion dollars.
    What does that have to do with anything?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They do have a Fiege type, kind of. I forgot his name but there was a new person who took over the film division post-Batman vs Superman and they're a close colleague of James Wan. The quality control skyrocketed once they took over.
    There have barely been any DC movies since Justice League, so it;s a little early to say that