Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Ah yes. Lacking facts and evidence, we are now sliding into the 'all lives matter' territory.
    Are you denying the existence of some men being rape victim and some women being criminal? SERIOUSLY?

And men's lives don't matter to you? Rape against men should be treated differently?

Or instead of stating murder is wrong, we should specifically just focus on "Murder against group X", even though the "minority" have the number of at least millions? Do you realize how terrible does it sound? Do you really think it is the correct way to handle "social concern"?
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-27-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Ah yes. Lacking facts and evidence, we are now sliding into the 'all lives matter' territory.
    "Sliding"?? This train has been heading there, full-steam, since the beginning of this convo lol

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    How is it the reason to ignore men being rape victim, too? Do you see any logic in it?

And do you know that nearly every solved rape cased were done by organized work, many of the members are men?

Again it's not comparison, because women are usually the victim, so men's rights should be taken away?
    Instead of stating that both men and women could be victims and point at the criminals, we should give the society incomplete message to cause unnecessary conflict and prejudice among different groups?

For the 100th times, the system is not made by the majority of the men, a lot of the men are keep helping to change the system. The system also oppress a lot of the men. Stop demonize and blame all of it to men.

I've stated from the beginning.
    You're arguing against a point I'm not making.

Who's arguing for taking away men's rights?Please who is saying this.

The systems that are oppressing women exclude men. Not once have I mentioned majority of men. That's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion here.

Women need protection because they are disproportionately affected by certain oppression and predators. Again, what does this have to do with all men??

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You're arguing against a point I'm not making.

Who's arguing for taking away men's rights?Please who is saying this.
    Then pls DO NOT ignore that men are also rape victims, when you try to bring up the rape issue, make it clear that both genders could be victims, and know that both genders are working to solve the cases to catch the rapists. It's not a reason to point finger at any group beside rapists/criminals.

The systems that are oppressing women exclude men.
    Not really, the whole structure of system oppress all the groups. Gender is just part of it.

And it's laughable when you say it exclude men. To men, women could be friends, sisters, mothers, daughters and wives to them, do you really think the oppression doesn't affect them?

Imagine a widowed woman could not find a life with a son so she had to hide her child away or doing something worse. Do you think the son is not a victim as well?

Just like during the Nazi era, many German ppl have Jewish relatives and friends, do you really think the oppression exclude them?

Pls don't consider things too easily.

Not once have I mentioned majority of men. That's pretty much irrelevant to the discussion here.
    Then don't use "men blah blah blah" as it's offensive.

Women need protection because they are disproportionately affected by certain oppression and predators. Again, what does this have to do with all men??
    Nearly every "bad action by men" has good men helping women going against them.

Actually, everyone who got oppressed should be protected, it should be pointed at the ones who did those, the action itself, not a certain group. That is the correct way to raise a social concern, otherwise it's just a way to cause unnecessarily oppression and ppl taking advantage for their own benefit.

And if you don't make it clear, when women or any other weak groups indeed gained power, they would simply repeat the same thing or even do it worse. Men and women are no different, both have selfish bad ppl.

Such thing had happened many many many times in history, there are enough lessons to learn.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-27-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Nearly every rapist being brought to justice had to do with good men's work.

A lot of men supported women's rights and oppose the unfair treatment they receive.

Many good female lead movies are directed by good male directors.

Many strong female figures are written by great male writers.

So many superheroines are created by good male comic writers.

Oppression against women also hurts many men.

It's always right to support women gaining equal right and justice, but it's never a reason to put men or any social group on the opposite side. It's no way close to a good way to solve social problems.

Ultimate Member

Then pls DO NOT ignore that men are also rape victims, when you try to bring up the rape issue, make it clear that both genders could be victims, and know that both genders are working to solve the cases to catch the rapists. It's not a reason to point finger at any group beside rapists/criminals.

Not really, the whole structure of system oppress all the groups. Gender is just part of it.

And it's laughable when you say it exclude men. To men, women could be friends, sisters, mothers, daughters and wives to them, do you really think the oppression doesn't affect them?

Imagine a widowed woman could not find a life with a son so she had to hide her child away or doing something worse. Do you think the son is not a victim as well?

Just like during the Nazi era, many German ppl have Jewish relatives and friends, do you really think the oppression exclude them?

Pls don't consider things too easily.

Then don't use "men blah blah blah" as it's offensive.

Nearly every "bad action by men" has good men helping women going against them.

Actually, everyone who got oppressed should be protected, it should be pointed at the ones who did those, the action itself, not a certain group. That is the correct way to raise a social concern, otherwise it's just a way to cause unnecessarily oppression and ppl taking advantage for their own benefit.

And if you don't make it clear, when women or any other weak groups indeed gained power, they would simply repeat the same thing or even do it worse. Men and women are no different, both have selfish bad ppl.

Such thing had happened many many many times in history, there are enough lessons to learn.
    No, I will NOT bring up mens rape when women are 90% of the victims and when the original point was about protecting women. If you dont feel that women don't need protection for something that affects them disproportionately then that's your prerogative.

If you want to talk about male rape victims, then that's a different issue, one thats a lot less ubiquitous than female rape. Its equally as horrific but "what aboutism' is a distraction from any discussion. We are talking about sexual violence as a whole against women, not just actual rape.

But I'm not going to pretend here that women and men are experiencing sexual assault in equal numbers or on an equal scale when there are hard facts and numbers that say otherwise.

And we are not talking about everyone, we are talking about WOMEN'S rights being taken away. I don't know about women getting power or other groups means, that has nothing to do with what I am saying.

And lastly, you're the one making generalizations about men not me.

EDIT: your point about the holocaust proves my point. Yes, some German families lost loved ones but that's incomparable to the 6 million Jewish people that lost their lives. That's why an entire country was created for Jewish people because of a discrimination that affected them disproportionately. If the world simply reacted to the Jews by saying that other people are being discriminated against, then they most likely would never have escaped the oppression they experienced at the time.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-27-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Ultimate Member

Are you denying the existence of some men being rape victim and some women being criminal? SERIOUSLY?

And men's lives don't matter to you? Rape against men should be treated differently?

Or instead of stating murder is wrong, we should specifically just focus on "Murder against group X", even though the "minority" have the number of at least millions? Do you realize how terrible does it sound? Do you really think it is the correct way to handle "social concern"?
    I don't deny it happens. But you're focusing on a small problem as an excuse to ignore the greater one, hence your 'All Lives Matter' stance

No, I will NOT bring up mens rape when women are 90% of the victims and when the original point was about protecting women. If you dont feel that women don't need protection for something that affects them disproportionately then that's your prerogative.
    So you can ignore the rest of the 10%, even though they are no different other than their gender?
    So you can use the rapists like less than 10% of the men to sum all men, or point the finger at men?

If you want to talk about male rape victims, then that's a different issue, one thats a lot less ubiquitous than female rape. Its equally as horrific but "what aboutism' is a distraction from any discussion. We are talking about sexual violence as a whole against women, not just actual rape.

But I'm not going to pretend here that women and men are experiencing sexual assault in equal numbers or on an equal scale when there are hard facts and numbers that say otherwise.
    HOW? Why should men's rape be a different issue? Why shouldn't it be bringing together if you want to talk about rape?

It's like when we talk about murder, should we separate each groups?

Young women also get more, shall we separate the issue with other women?

Do you understand that what you are doing is simply avoid to bring the complete case to the table and instead pointing the finger towards a certain group, which helps none?

And we are not talking about everyone, we are talking about WOMEN'S rights being taken away. I don't know about women getting power or other groups means, that has nothing to do with what I am saying.
    And do you understand that not only women's rights being taken away?

Many men don't agree with that.

If you don't know, please go study history, you will understand WHY THIS has to be brought to the table. If you don't, the same oppression will never stop just switching sides, movies are showing small signs of it.

And lastly, you're the one making generalizations about men not me.
    I'm not the one who brought "men blah blah" first.

EDIT: your point about the holocaust proves my point. Yes, some German families lost loved ones but that's incomparable to the 6 million Jewish people that lost their lives. That's why an entire country was created for Jewish people because of a discrimination that affected them disproportionately.
    Switching of goalpost here.

You were stating that excludes others, but now you are saying that it's incomparable.

If the world simply reacted to the Jews by saying that other people are being discriminated against, then they most likely would never have escaped the oppression they experienced at the time.
    Wrong, similar thing had happened to all groups. This is why we tried so hard to prevent it from happening, not just help Jews.

You are twisting my words again. Good innocent Jews should be protected, but same with others. Which is why ppl tried so much to explore and understand what caused the problem, what made the Germans and other ppl monsters instead of making the statement of "German bad, Jew good".

It's not a simple problem like that, and if you don't get it clear, similar problem will happen again, history has taught us many times. You thought you are protect women, but if you don't get it clear, it will soon become "helping women to gain power and do the same bad things to men". The movies are a good example of it.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 04-27-2020 at 03:42 PM.

I don't deny it happens. But you're focusing on a small problem as an excuse to ignore the greater one, hence your 'All Lives Matter' stance
    You are keep ignoring the problem here.

The true problem is rape itself, not being men or women. You are the one who was keep trying to focus on the small problem-gender instead of the rape nature-violence which exist in both gender itself. It will even create new problems when you try to point finger at a group which the majority has nothing to do with it, many of them also help women catch the rapists

To prevent rape, of course we need to bring the whole thing up to the table to study the problem, not to ignore the whole thing and just focus at part of it. It's very easy to get incomplete result and cause problems.

Same thing with women's power thing. You need to understand it in a larger view, otherwise it's just the same(or worse) oppression keep going and switching sides. If you study history there are tons of examples.

Movies are actually a good example here:

White guys playing other race characters, male dominance, women are nothing but eye candies=bad
    Race swap for other characters, women being all perfect, men are bland baddies or comic relief=equally bad

Not choose someone because he/she's female/LGBT, even though he/she got the skill=wrong
    Choose someone because he/she's female/LGBT, even though he/she is incompetent=wrong

It's keep happening for years.

If you don't get it, you need to, or one day your so called "small problem" will become big problem when the power switch sides.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordMikel View Post
    how the Eff did we get to this topic and get off the topic of Birds of Prey?
    A sexist troll is unhappy with a female led movie.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    A sexist troll is unhappy with a female led movie.
    So if other ppl dislike a male lead movie, does it mean they are misandrist?

Nearly all of my favorite movies are female lead or women playing a big roles in it.

That's the major reason of this thread and a lot of discussion of this movie went off track: Ppl trying to call others sexist for dislike this movie.

Ultimate Member

So you can ignore the rest of the 10%, even though they are no different other than their gender?
    So you can use the rapists like less than 10% of the men to sum all men, or point the finger at men?

HOW? Why should men's rape be a different issue? Why shouldn't it be bringing together if you want to talk about rape?

It's like when we talk about murder, should we separate each groups?

Young women also get more, shall we separate the issue with other women?

Do you understand that what you are doing is simply avoid to bring the complete case to the table and instead pointing the finger towards a certain group, which helps none?

And do you understand that not only women's rights being taken away?

Many men don't agree with that.

If you don't know, please go study history, you will understand WHY THIS has to be brought to the table. If you don't, the same oppression will never stop just switching sides, movies are showing small signs of it.

I'm not the one who brought "men blah blah" first.

Switching of goalpost here.

You were stating that excludes others, but now you are saying that it's incomparable.

Wrong, similar thing had happened to all groups. This is why we tried so hard to prevent it from happening, not just help Jews.

You are twisting my words again. Good innocent Jews should be protected, but same with others. Which is why ppl tried so much to explore and understand what caused the problem, what made the Germans and other ppl monsters instead of making the statement of "German bad, Jew good".

It's not a simple problem like that, and if you don't get it clear, similar problem will happen again, history has taught us many times. You thought you are protect women, but if you don't get it clear, it will soon become "helping women to gain power and do the same bad things to men". The movies are a good example of it.
    Let me understand, women are being staggeringly sexually assaulted by men, we should “lie” or “hide” or “deny” this fact because all men are not rapists. Is this what you’re trying to say? Some men are rapists and women are overwhelmingly victims of this. It’s just a fact and there’s no need to obsfucate this. What we should do is talk to our fellow men and if we have kids, educate them early in life on why certain behaviour is wrong. If we see women being harassed or assaulted in anyway around us, we should stand up for them. The “MeToo” movement came about because too many people simply stood by and watched innocent people (most of them women) be treated like dirt.

I’m not going over the Holocaust point again because what I mentioned earlier was pretty clear. Action has been taken to protect the Jews. Period. Same as laws were passed to protect minorities and even women in the US. Although, some people in the US are fighting hard to strip women of their reproductive rights.

Again, like I said earlier, the message is clear. We as men need to be more protective of women and support the fight for said protection and their rights. It’s not that we don’t care about men but the issue being raised is much less common amongst them. It’s also not about “women getting power” (whatever that means) it’s about treating them fairly and making sure they enjoy the same rights and protection that men do everywhere.

And with very few exceptions, we don’t see this much in movies. BoPs villains were guys, like 95% of action movies produced by Hollywood, I’m not sure why it’s an issue here.

Let me understand, women are being staggeringly sexually assaulted by men, we should “lie” or “hide” or “deny” this fact because all men are not rapists. Is this what you’re trying to say?
    Men are also sexually assaulted by men or women, even some women are sexually assaulted by women, or some evil women instruct their goons to rape women.

It's not about men bad/women good, it's about rapists are bad. Female rapists have more in common with male rapists than other men.

Some men are rapists and women are overwhelmingly victims of this. It’s just a fact and there’s no need to obsfucate this. What we should do is talk to our fellow men and if we have kids, educate them early in life on why certain behaviour is wrong. If we see women being harassed or assaulted in anyway around us, we should stand up for them. The “MeToo” movement came about because too many people simply stood by and watched innocent people (most of them women) be treated like dirt.
    And it's not the reason why rape happens.

Rape doesn't happen because men or women, rape happens because of violent nature and ignorance of others' feeling, that applies for both men and women. What we should do it to teach EVERYONE about not to sexually assault others/use it to hurt others, regardless of gender or whatever. Female rapists or those who helped men to rape or even command men to rape their rivals aren't from nowhere.

That is the correct and accurate way to look at the rape problem. Tell you are you saying that you should stand by when men are being assaulted by women? Or women doing similar things to other women?

I’m not going over the Holocaust point again because what I mentioned earlier was pretty clear. Action has been taken to protect the Jews. Period. Same as laws were passed to protect minorities and even women in the US. Although, some people in the US are fighting hard to strip women of their reproductive rights.
    Correction: Action has been taken to protect all the good and innocent ppl. Are you ignoring other ppl?

Again, like I said earlier, the message is clear. We as men need to be more protective of women and support the fight for said protection and their rights. It’s not that we don’t care about men but the issue being raised is much less common amongst them. It’s also not about “women getting power” (whatever that means) it’s about treating them fairly and making sure they enjoy the same rights and protection that men do everywhere.
    We men need to respect women but not to help them to gain power to abuse other men and women. Not to be used by some women to taking advantage on others. Both gender have bad apples. Women could be victims in this as well.

It's not a much less common problem if you keep ignoring it, again this had happened countless times in history. When one side took all the blame and power switched sides, something worse happens.

Treating them fairly means that men and women's rape issue should be taken equally. It also means bad female lead movies need to take the same bash, not to call others sexist for it.

And with very few exceptions, we don’t see this much in movies. BoPs villains were guys, like 95% of action movies produced by Hollywood, I’m not sure why it’s an issue here.
    Of course it is, you need to treat them equally. Otherwise it will soon get worse and worse. BoP is done cause and not the first of it.

Some men need to man up and quit being so sensitive over a movie.