Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Post Deleted
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 02-07-2020 at 11:52 AM.

Astonishing Member

There's no reason that Cassandra can't be kidnapped and trained by David Cain right after the events of this movie.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Gotham City Sirens is supposed to be in development as we speak, I heard the plan was to set up a crossover where the two teams fight each other. My theory is in the sequel Harley might be gone once they'e established themselves, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll introduce Oracle to fill her spot.

Love for Dina Meyer to be Oracle again.

Attachment 92386
    Great I was hoping for a GCS movie after this. Can you link the source please.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Honestly, it's because they're supposedly trying to be more "adult" (they did make Aquaman and Shazam remember and the darkest they've gone is BvS and Joker) is why I'm surprised they didn't use a more accurate version of Cass. A child who is selectively mute because of her abusive childhood wouldn't have been out of place in this movie.
    The issue would have been that they didn't have a character with any psychiatric training to thus reach out to a non verbal character, and all of her acting would have required non verbal acting.

*cough*

So yeah, they would have had to make an effort. I can see why that's a non starter
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 02-07-2020 at 12:16 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    There's no reason that Cassandra can't be kidnapped and trained by David Cain right after the events of this movie.
    He can, but making this character trained by Cain would not make her Cassandra Cain (from the comics, in spirit) regardless.

Cass was trained, from birth. The training stunted her ability to express herself verbally. She rebelled against her father because she knew the pain that murder brought someone, at the age of eight.

Frankly, the story lost a great deal of potential in making Cass just some regular kid. Usually, when someone gets the reigns of the Noble Savage, they're moral people who try to bring out their humanity (see Unleashed by Jet Li, for example) and act as their moral compass.

Harley acting as Cass' moral compass could have been hilarious, and maybe forced her to grow somewhat.

But no, that involved risk. Just something DC isn't willing to do.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He can, but making this character trained by Cain would not make her Cassandra Cain (from the comics, in spirit) regardless.

Cass was trained, from birth. The training stunted her ability to express herself verbally. She rebelled against her father because she knew the pain that murder brought someone, at the age of eight.

Frankly, the story lost a great deal of potential in making Cass just some regular kid. Usually, when someone gets the reigns of the Noble Savage, they're moral people who try to bring out their humanity (see Unleashed by Jet Li, for example) and act as their moral compass.

Harley acting as Cass' moral compass could have been hilarious, and maybe forced her to grow somewhat.

But no, that involved risk. Just something DC isn't willing to do.
    They could still do that as the movie never touched on why Cass was in foster care in the first place and she's older than 8 in the film so it's open to being a possibility.

DC does take risks which is what's gotten them into trouble in the past as well as gotten them critically acclaimed.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Agree totally on Cass but the movie left it open enough for them to do anything with her character if they continue to use her
    Harley isn't even really that empowering in this movie. She makes a whole bunch of bad choices and is mostly out to save her own skin in this movie not be a "strong, empowered, role model or whatever
    I mean if anything this movies message is more anti male vs female positive if I was to draw any conclusions but I guess that's the same thing to some people on the internet
    I liked that the film didn't complete Harleys transformation as one of the best things about her character is her flaws and her tendency to relapse. Its something that alot of females in relationships can relate to which makes understanding her perspective easy.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because she has a OGN out in stores right now.

That is doing this right now on Amazon.

#15 in Teen & Young Adult Superhero Comics-First time in a LONG time a female of color NOT from Marvel ranks that high.
    #5 in Young Adult Coming of Age Comics & Graphic Novels-no Marvel title appears in the top 100.
    #9 in DC Comics & Graphic Novels

That is why you do it. This right here is your best shot to sell her to the public and FORCE the comic book side to NOT bury her.
    The news that Cass was going to be in the BOP like 2 years before DC revealed their new Zoom and Ink brands. Batgirl OGN is a 3rd wave Zoom title so it couldn't have been behind the casting choice.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    They could still do that as the movie never touched on why Cass was in foster care in the first place and she's older than 8 in the film so it's open to being a possibility.

DC does take risks which is what's gotten them into trouble in the past as well as gotten them critically acclaimed.
    I don't see how a back story can turn this Cass into a character that close to the comic version.

A backstory isn't going to suddenly make her Mute, up grade her fighting skills or change her personality.
    Knowing her reasons for being in foster care isn't going to fix the fact that this Cass doesn't have the tells and behaviour/conditioned reactions that years of intense physical and abuse we see in the comic Cass.

This Cass gave me Steph Brown vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I don't see how a back story can turn this Cass into a character that close to the comic version.

A backstory isn't going to suddenly make her Mute, up grade her fighting skills or change her personality.
    Knowing her reasons for being in foster care isn't going to fix the fact that this Cass doesn't have the tells and behaviour/conditioned reactions that years of intense physical and abuse we see in the comic Cass.

This Cass gave me Steph Brown vibes.
    If I were to make a joke Huntress actually acts more like the comic book Cass(weird,antisocial,lack of communication skills,no social grace) then the comic book Huntress. A little bit of training like the stuff we see Huntress go through for Cass and she will be an awkward kid just like Helena.
    No you won't get the Cass is mute and learns to speak storyline but you can easily get something close to it. In this movie she's just the morality pet for all of the adults which is fine but next movie I want hit girl on screen again.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    There's a lot of talk about "DC's films", but I don't know if there is such a thing. Unless I'm mistaken, there really isn't a mastermind behind them like Feige to determine the tone or direction of these films. (Nolan was supposed to be that, but that ended right?) They decided to trust individual filmmakers and they're hit or miss and one doesn't really have anything to do with the other - like any studio's slate of films that aren't based on characters who inhabit the same comic book universe. Or am I completely mistaken about that?
    You are mistake Surprised you didn't see the mistake since it's in your post.
    Marvel movies aren't called Feige movies they are called Marvel movies.

Marvel Movie are called Marvel movies because they are based on characters from Marvel comics [now owned by Disney I guess]
    Similarly DC movies are DC comics.

It's just a way to easily specify movies in the superhero [adapted from comics] genre into subs based on the comic publishers name.

The nolan movies are called the Nolan movies because there's lots of movies based on Batman and 3 directors who've made multiple movies based on the character so fans and the media have to specify which batman movies they are talking about.

The Nolan trilogy or the Dark Knight movies

The Burton Batman movies or the Tim Burton 89 bat movies.
    It makes it easier.

The early Superman movies are known as the Donner movies.

the X-men movies and the SPiderman movies are also identified by the Director because all of the X-men movies and the Spidermovies Weren't directed by the same person.

Feige is the only mastermind behind all the Marvel movies so no need to to divide into Marvel movies into sub categories named after various mastermind.

Which is why there's no such thing as the Feige movies. X-men, Deadpool and Spiderman for a while weren't technically Marvel IP's so couldn't be categorised as Marvel movies
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 02-07-2020 at 05:27 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Movie Cassandra should have been Misfit.

I liked it, but with some buts.

The good. Lots of action, plenty of jokes, and a plot that both makes sense, moves at a fast clip, and can be followed along. Given the many characters and several flashbacks, that's a minor miracle of direction. The actors generally do a good job, though I wish they had been given more to work with.

The not-so-good. Some of the fight scenes (and there are a ton of them) felt drawn-out, especially with mooks taking hits that should be disabling, and instead they just continue fighting. But I think the movie lacks real drama. We never really get to see the characters grow and change, or see them interact to the degree that they do in, say, Mad Max: Fury Road or Guardians of the Galaxy. I think that makes the movie forgettable and makes it feel slighter than it should be, and makes the final teamup feel unearned.

It's also a rather brutal movie, including one torture scene early in the movie.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post

Again, no it's not possible to turn this Cass into the Cass from the comics. Full stop.

And remaking Taxi Driver with Joker is hardly taking risks. DC has barely moved out of Bat affiliates, and Batman's had movies for decades before the MCU.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Movie Cassandra should have been Misfit.
    Misfit, Sin, Steph Brown, hell, Harper Row or literally any female from 'We are Robin'.