Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Anyone Read the first issue of Ravencroft today

Its great, i was gonna ignore this series because too many titles but man i was surprised. Not only Osborn back from last week Dracula one shot. but a certain another Green Spidey villain good ol Mac and a certain other major stern Goblin that im surprised is in this issue and look like hes going to a interesting direction. looking forward to it.

I picked up after seeing the pre-view last night. Thought it was great. Adding to my pull list.

I want to read this as it sounds interesting. You said there were too many titles? what are the titles? I would like to read the whole set.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I want to read this as it sounds interesting. You said there were too many titles? what are the titles? I would like to read the whole set.
    what i mean too many titles is that I have too many comics that have my interest i been spending my money on. so i had to cut down. Im gonna have to cut back on Dawn of X books too with so many coming out

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

That last page is definitely a sign this will not end well.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

This is a cool little series! And the last page staff is very reminiscent of "Thunderbolts" #1 with Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley. I wonder if that was on purpose?

Extraordinary Member

This is gonna be fun! It's gonna fail so bad! Inmean, Kingoin and Osborn's plans, not this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This is gonna be fun! It's gonna fail so bad! Inmean, Kingoin and Osborn's plans, not this book.
    Of course. Wonder who's gonna have the bigger egg on their face when it's over.

Astonishing Member

This could actually reflect the proble with Arkham Assylum in DC. And yet, Batman insists in sending the bad guys here, when everyone else knows it's futile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    This could actually reflect the proble with Arkham Assylum in DC. And yet, Batman insists in sending the bad guys here, when everyone else knows it's futile.
    I think it's pretty obvious that no one thinks any of the criminals sent to Ravencroft are getting any help. Honestly, it seems like a weird money-making scheme for Fisk and a chance to get a bunch of his friends consultant fees.

Incredible Member

Who are the current Ravencroft inmates?

Back in the day, it was Carnage, Shriek, Carrion, Chameleon, and Vermin.

Incredible Member

I didn't think I'd interested in this series when it was solicited but then I started to take note of the good word of mouth the one shots were getting, went back and picked those up and then got around to reading this today and I thought it was pretty good and looks to be a promising mini series.

I will say that the staff they selected are out of their minds to work with Osborn again after each of their histories with him....Only person I'd give a pass to working with Osborn again is Gargan and that's because he's too much of an idiot to know better.

Moonstone should damn well know it's only a matter of time before Osborn crumbles mentally from her time working under him as a Thunderbolt and Dark Avenger.

Taskmaster- Osborn damn near killed him when he was in the initiative and in return Taskmaster bailed on him in Siege...Pretty sure Osborn hasn't forgotten that.

Hogoblin: not really up on my history between these two but I know Osborn tried to kill him in Goblins at the Gate.

Kingpin: Again not as versed with the history between these too but if I recall correctly Kingpin sent Nitro to Kill Osborn back when Osborn had purchased the Daily Bugle for a while.

I think they're probably all banking on Fisk to be able to keep Osborn under control but we shall see

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    I didn't think I'd interested in this series when it was solicited but then I started to take note of the good word of mouth the one shots were getting, went back and picked those up and then got around to reading this today and I thought it was pretty good and looks to be a promising mini series.

I will say that the staff they selected are out of their minds to work with Osborn again after each of their histories with him....Only person I'd give a pass to working with Osborn again is Gargan and that's because he's too much of an idiot to know better.

Moonstone should damn well know it's only a matter of time before Osborn crumbles mentally from her time working under him as a Thunderbolt and Dark Avenger.

Taskmaster- Osborn damn near killed him when he was in the initiative and in return Taskmaster bailed on him in Siege...Pretty sure Osborn hasn't forgotten that.

Hogoblin: not really up on my history between these two but I know Osborn tried to kill him in Goblins at the Gate.

Kingpin: Again not as versed with the history between these too but if I recall correctly Kingpin sent Nitro to Kill Osborn back when Osborn had purchased the Daily Bugle for a while.

I think they're probably all banking on Fisk to be able to keep Osborn under control but we shall see
    Good points, and I'd throw in the recent Goblin Nation/Underground business with Norman that coopted Kingsley's successor Phil Urich, even if Urich was Norman's (heroic) successor first.

Astonishing Member

Finally got the first issue of Ravencroft and read it.
    The story and art makes this a limited series i will be reading for sure.
    The group of villains in this series is quite interesting,and the mistery of who is in cell 616 is quite cool.
    The main characters being Misty Knight and John Jameson is great but i am looking forward to see more of scenes with the villains as the Grizzly scene that was funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    This is a cool little series! And the last page staff is very reminiscent of "Thunderbolts" #1 with Fabian Nicieza and Mark Bagley. I wonder if that was on purpose?
    The last page looks as the reveal in the end of Thunderbolts#1 indeed,but Thunderbolts#1 was writen by Kurt Busiek,Fabian Nicieza took over the writing duties in Thunderbolts after Kurt Busiek run in that series.