Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bulldops View Post
    Imagine Superman: The Movie meets M. Night Shyamalan's Unbreakable Trilogy. This movie, like the 4-issue Elseworlds miniseries it is based on, will be set in the real world where superheroes only exist in comic books and the main character, Clark Kent, is just an ordinary Kansas youth who happens to be named after Superman. He is constantly teased by his peers about his namesake, until one day he wakes up to discover that he is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
    Is'nt that superman secret identity?

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Is'nt that superman secret identity?
    The poster knew that because they said it in the title of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The poster knew that because they said it in the title of the post.
    What? I meant superman secret identity by kurt busiek.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What? I meant superman secret identity by kurt busiek.
    I know. The poster mentioned that their post was an adaptation of Secret Identity. It's in the thread title that you would get when you post an advanced post not the normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I know. The poster mentioned that their post was an adaptation of Secret Identity. It's in the thread title that you would get when you post an advanced post not the normal one.
    Riiiight, i didn't see that. My mistake.

Astonishing Member

Maybe wrong thread but so many Superman movies and not a single MManhunter movie? Why?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Maybe wrong thread but so many Superman movies and not a single MManhunter movie? Why?
    While MM is essential and quite frankly the strongest member of the JL, he is also the least marketable out of all JL. He doesn't have a rogues gallery, his iconic story is basically tied into JL and, nobody is able to write him well. For him, to succeed he need a JL movie first.

BANNED

If you ask me what movies would make me interesting about Superman, then it would be the sci-fi root of Superman. Basically the Black Mirror version of Superman story with Lex Luthor and Brainiac as the villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Laufeyson View Post
    While MM is essential and quite frankly the strongest member of the JL, he is also the least marketable out of all JL. He doesn't have a rogues gallery, his iconic story is basically tied into JL and, nobody is able to write him well. For him, to succeed he need a JL movie first.
    He can't carry an ongoing, but with a focus on the OGN market now, he could get a YA story on the level of Superman Smashes the Klan - which is all he could need to get a solo film bypassing the somewhat cinematically tainted JL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    He can't carry an ongoing, but with a focus on the OGN market now, he could get a YA story on the level of Superman Smashes the Klan - which is all he could need to get a solo film bypassing the somewhat cinematically tainted JL.
    I don't think MM can work as YA book. Because he is just too weird a thousand times for the young adult market. But, a prestigious Black Label book about him might be work. Especially, if its focuses on his sci-fi root and detective work, like a Rick and Morty version of Columbo.

They should adapt Up in the Sky, make it Cavill farewell to the Superman role.

The movie would start with Superman saving people around the world. At the same time Lois is investigating an attack that occurred in an orphanage. Later Lois tells Clark about the case, that apparently it was an alien attack and a little girl was kidnapped. Clark go investigate it, and find some clues about.

He then go to space, maybe wiht that ship that for some reason was left in Metropolis.

The movie is pretty muhc the same as the comic, Superman traveling through space in persuit of the kidnappers to save the girl. At the end he comes home, marries Lois, she is pregnant, etc.

After this, WB could recast the role.

Astonishing Member

Grant Morrisson's Action Comic's adaptation.
    This.

How to reintroduce Superman to a modern audience was layed out perfectly a decade ago by Morrison. It's well-written, socially relevant, and fast-paced to match 21st century action films. It's only a matter of WB embracing it.
    Last edited by Kaitou D. Kid; 09-19-2020 at 09:13 AM.

I don't think MM can work as YA book. Because he is just too weird a thousand times for the young adult market. But, a prestigious Black Label book about him might be work. Especially, if its focuses on his sci-fi root and detective work, like a Rick and Morty version of Columbo.
    Eh, I think a YA book could work, they often deal with things like isolation and alienation, which J'onn sometimes deals with being the only Martian on the planet.

But a Black Label styled book would also work very well.

Either way, point is that he's got a better chance of getting a book in the new market, which could become the basis for a movie if it does well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I think a YA book could work, they often deal with things like isolation and alienation, which J'onn sometimes deals with being the only Martian on the planet.

But a Black Label styled book would also work very well.

Either way, point is that he's got a better chance of getting a book in the new market, which could become the basis for a movie if it does well.
    Oh! So YA Book also deals with things like that. I never read YA books in a way that is YA GN/OGN, because my country never shipped that book. If they dealt with isolation and alienation, then you are right, that's clearly the theme of J'onn as the only LIVING Martian not only on the planet.

I always thought that YA books are kind like Shonen and Shojou manga, where it's always lighter and simple than comic or novels, but I guess I am wrong. Thanks for the info!

Oh! So YA Book also deals with things like that. I never read YA books in a way that is YA GN/OGN, because my country never shipped that book. If they dealt with isolation and alienation, then you are right, that's clearly the theme of J'onn as the only LIVING Martian not only on the planet.

I always thought that YA books are kind like Shonen and Shojou manga, where it's always lighter and simple than comic or novels, but I guess I am wrong. Thanks for the info!
    YA isn't the same as a kid's book. There are some that get in bright and cheery shonen territory, but there's plenty that deal with deeper/darker issues. I certainly haven't read enough YA to be an expert, but I've read enough to know that there's a variety of tones and subject matter, and some of it can be surprising. Remember, teenage years and young adulthood is a weird time for most of us. Some YA books reflect the uncertainties and fears the audience often feels and relates to.

But some are very bright and cheery. It's really a mix of genres and tones.