Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PREVIEW: Wonder Woman #752

https://www.newsarama.com/48835-wond...-look.html#s10

Wonder Woman may be an ancient warrior, but can she match swords with Valda, a brutally skilled knight from the past? That's what's at stake in this Wonder Woman #752 first look from DC.

The clash arrives February 26, courtesy of Steve Orlando and Max Raynor, with a cover from Guillem March.

Wonder Woman #752
    Written by Steve Orlando
    Art by Max Raynor
    Color by Romulo Fajardo Jr.
    Cover art by Guillem March
    Variant cover by Jenny Frison
    In Shops: Feb 26, 2020
    Final Orders Due: Feb 03, 2020

SRP: $3.99
    Author of the Instant New York Times bestselling novel, The Prophets, from G.P. Putnman's Sons.

I always liked Valda!
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Spectacular Member

Not a fan of the skirt & boots. Keep the dceu look. Too many layers & gold. Love the colors & themyscira pics posing at the beach

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post
    Not a fan of the skirt & boots. Keep the dceu look. Too many layers & gold. Love the colors & themyscira pics posing at the beach
    I think they were trying for the dceu look but didn't get the details right or even the ones from the comic's version of the costume.

Guest stars are fine but there are starting to be too many and not the ones I want to see. One appearance by Artemis, Donna or Cassie is worth five from other heroines.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I think they were trying for the dceu look but didn't get the details right or even the ones from the comic's version of the costume.

Guest stars are fine but there are starting to be too many and not the ones I want to see. One appearance by Artemis, Donna or Cassie is worth five from other heroines.
    I agree with you. I don’t even know who Valda is.

I see we still haven't gotten a A List Artist for Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I agree with you. I don’t even know who Valda is.
    Me either, after reading up on her I see why Orlando would think she fits, but I don't care. I'm here for the Wonder-verse.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I agree. Valda looks cool (and sounds cool from a brief read of her comics history), but I really want to see Diana interacting with her supposed Wonder-family members, including Artemis, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, etc.

Wait, so the entire Event Leviathan fallout and Steve Trevor plot has been thrown out? Even the cover?

Am I crazy or was this solicited differently earlier?
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-30-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Yeah, BleedingCool just had an article about it. Tbh I'm glad, don't need Steve being some weird revenge killer.

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Is Valda on the same power level as Diana? Because if she isn't, then this shouldn't really be a fight. Super speed, strength, etc....unless they are conveniently forgetting her godly powers as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is Valda on the same power level as Diana? Because if she isn't, then this shouldn't really be a fight. Super speed, strength, etc....unless they are conveniently forgetting her godly powers as per usual.
    That’s how I felt when Silencer came along. Diana shouldn’t plucked her.

Quote Originally Posted by BiteTheBullet View Post
    Is Valda on the same power level as Diana?
    Valda, in her previous appearances (as a supporting character in Arak, Son of Thunder - yes, she is obscure) was a human knight, a skilled fighter with no superpowers or magical implements that I can recall. Probably they'll give her a magic sword or something - or infuse her with some plot-convenient mystical power.

I mentioned that I liked Valda. What I did not mention is that I do not like character assassination, or old, unused favorites of mine being changed almost beyond recognition (as a character concept - they'll keep the visuals), which happens all too often. Ask me about the GA Fury...
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Still only crumbs...... BiteTheBullet's Avatar

Even if she has a mystical sword, the fact that she is a normal human shouldn't matter. Super speed, strength etc. is all in Diana's favor. This is what aggravates me when they put normal people up against meta's like Diana.

Same reason with Batman. Even with all his gadgets and martial arts training, all Diana should have to do is one super speed martial punch and fight is over.

Logic is not one of the comic books rules, apparently!

Maybe Valda should fight someone more on her level, like Katana or Shiva. Based on comments here, this shouldn't even be a fight.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    I agree. Valda looks cool (and sounds cool from a brief read of her comics history), but I really want to see Diana interacting with her supposed Wonder-family members, including Artemis, Donna, Cassie, Nubia, etc.
    With as little as we have gotten of these characters who should be a natural for any Wonder Woman story, I am beginning to wonder if there isn't some embargo on them from TPTB. At the least, having a storyline/mini crossover with the Infected storyline and Diana looking for Donna should have at least been a natural one off issue, but instead it's playing out in Batman/Superman. Editorial has been known to do things like that in the past and it certainly seems to be playing that way now.