Gwen is back hooray?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

That's a random alternate universe from some event or something? Or just a random alternate universe?

Also, why's Gwen's skin green? And why's she a redhead on the reflection? I was so confused lol.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's a random alternate universe from some event or something? Or just a random alternate universe?

Also, why's Gwen's skin green? And why's she a redhead on the reflection? I was so confused lol.
    I think it's just color distortion from the screen or something. As for this one-shot, it's a tie-in to the Darkhold event starring the Scarlet Witch as she recruits five heroes to try to stop Doctor Doom from using the original Darkhold, only exposure to the Darkhold drives them all insane, with each one-shot focusing on how their personal histories and memories became warped by the Darkhold.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

The art reminds me a lot of Chris Bachalo. I respect the style, but not a big fan personally. Everything looks so crowded and warped.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I think it's just color distortion from the screen or something.
    I dunno about that, everything else looks normal, just those two details look off...

As for this one-shot, it's a tie-in to the Darkhold event starring the Scarlet Witch as she recruits five heroes to try to stop Doctor Doom from using the original Darkhold, only exposure to the Darkhold drives them all insane, with each one-shot focusing on how their personal histories and memories became warped by the Darkhold.
    So not a random alternate universe, but then again, the idea shown here essentially functions like one...

Also, kind of a random team Wanda gathered, like, Tony and Janet make sense, 'cause Avengers, and Pietro was married with Crystal once, so her knowing Black Bolt can make sense (Even if it's a bit questionable he decided to leave his throne for a random adventure), but has she ever even interacted properly with Blade or Spidey? Can't speak for Blade 'cause I don't know much about him, but Spidey, the random team-ups he had with the Avengers, I don't remember her really talking with him besides saying "hi".

Though I haven't read the story, maybe Spidey came around 'cause of Tony's recommendation or whatever... And if so, wonder if it's explained why she didn't other Avengers lol.

Astonishing Member

Also, kind of a random team Wanda gathered, like, Tony and Janet make sense, 'cause Avengers, and Pietro was married with Crystal once, so her knowing Black Bolt can make sense (Even if it's a bit questionable he decided to leave his throne for a random adventure), but has she ever even interacted properly with Blade or Spidey? Can't speak for Blade 'cause I don't know much about him, but Spidey, the random team-ups he had with the Avengers, I don't remember her really talking with him besides saying "hi".

Though I haven't read the story, maybe Spidey came around 'cause of Tony's recommendation or whatever... And if so, wonder if it's explained why she didn't other Avengers lol.
    It's a crossover. Spider-Man has to be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    It's a crossover. Spider-Man has to be involved.
    What, Spider-Man? Not Wolverine? 'Cause his omnipresence is a mutant power, and somehow he missed this one? .

Extraordinary Member

Darkhold rewriting their history to make it more twisted

I think it's because she's "unraveling" herself

Astonishing Member

Something weird here. The green skin is definitely a bad sign, but if it's Gwen, why does the face of Mary Jane appear in the mirror? (A redhaired woman, I mean).

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Darkhold rewriting their history to make it more twisted
    So it essentially works like a random alternate universe lol.

I took a look at Janet's story, this is reminding me of that Dark Multiverse bullshit from DC, though thankfully (Or hopefully), it won't become widespread.

Then again, maybe Spidey will get something from it, 'cause he may be affected a lot from such stories randomly, if Secret Wars (Which brought symbiotes to Earth), Inferno (Which made Macendale become Demogoblin), Infinity Wars (Which created Doppelganger), Civil War (Which led to everyone's favorite story) are any hint... But then again, been a while since the last time one of those happened.

I think it's because she's "unraveling" herself
    But why's she a redhead? That's what confuses me the most lol.