View Poll Results: Who would you say gave the best supporting (male) performance in the film?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alfred Molina

5 14.71%
  • Andrew Garfield

12 35.29%
  • Benedict Cumbercatch

0 0%
  • Jacob Batalon

0 0%
  • Jamie Foxx

1 2.94%
  • JK Simmons

0 0%
  • Jon Favreau

0 0%
  • Tobey Maguire

1 2.94%
  • Tony Revolori

0 0%
  • Willem Dafoe

15 44.12%
  • Other (Please Specify)

0 0%

Default Best Supporting Actor in Spider-Man: No Way Home- Obviously Spoilerish

What did you think was the best supporting male performance in Spider-Man: No Way Home?

There is no way to have this conversation without spoilers. Even looking at the poll will be a spoiler.

However, commentary will also contain spoilers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Dafoe for sure. Honorable mention to Garfield

Garfield nailed it in this one, further emphasizing how his solo movies didn't do him justice.

Andrew no question
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

I can't decide between Andrew, William, and Jamie. The three of them had the best material in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    I can't decide between Andrew, William, and Jamie. The three of them had the best material in my opinion.
    same they all did great
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Incredible Member

Dafoe, Molina, and Foxx all killed it but I gave my vote to Garfield because I think he really showed how he just embodies the character so perfectly in this one. A shame his solo movies didn't match his level of performance.

Ultimate Member

It’s so crazy because Garfield, Dafoe, Molina and Foxx were all excellent.

It’s especially sad because it shows that Garfield and Foxx were completely wasted (I stand by a point I made before that Sam Raimi knows how to make Spider-man movies, Sony DOES NOT) in the Amazing Spider-man series.

Overall, I think I’ll give the best performance to Dafoe. The way he alternated between innocence and maniacal was amazing and that voice drop he does when he switches to Goblin mode was brilliant.

Garfield gave his best performance as Spider-man in this movie IMO but Dafoe did a little more work IMO.

Astonishing Member

Dafoe and Garfield nailed it. Especially Willem, he easily surprassed his own performance of this role in 2002. His Green Goblin is scary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    They were great.

On my second watch, I might be voting for Garfield here. The way he tears up after saving MJ might just be the best acting of any Spider-Man.

But I did also notice how they used Jamie Foxx's skills as a comedian here. It was a much better match for his talents, without taking away from Max Dillon's ordinariness.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Between Garfield, Dafoe and Molina. Voted for Molina but meant to give it to Dafoe. Doh.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Andrew Garfield!

I feel so bad for him not getting an amazing (pun intended) franchise.

He reminds me the most of modern day comic Peter.

BANNED

There should have been multiple choices. I loved Maguire of the rest, but one cannot underestimate the Sam Raimi villains. they carried a bulk of what was the concept of this movie.

I am happy that Garfield is getting love and his series getting a personal vindication, but he was never personally my favourite in any Spiderman conception but I get his appeal.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I went with Dafoe. He turned up as though he'd just stepped off making the first movie with the same energy as when he was in his mid-40s. He absolutely stole every second he was on screen. Also, the first thing he did was smash that crappy mask so props for that.

Andrew Garfield is definitely a close second place, giving a performance (with material) better than his own Spider-man movies. He actually felt like he'd lived another several years after ASM2, was changed by them and that this adventure was finally going to help him get past Gwen's death and give hope for the future.

He left me really wanting more of his Spider-man, which neither of his movies managed.

I would argue for Molina, who I was most excited to see again, but I feel he was used as a bait-and-switch for the trailer whereas the movie doesn't really focus on him too much (and he just disappears for a chunk).

Also, JK Simmons absolutely killed it!

We were totally spoiled for excellent actors and characters with this movie.
    Last edited by exile001; 12-20-2021 at 03:04 AM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Garfield. Others were great too, but he outshined everyone.