Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I so want a new Sensation Comics starring the Wonder family:

WONDER WOMAN - With the clay origin restored.
    DONNA TROY - Back to being Diana's adopted sister and the more down-to-Earth and approachable Themysciran representative. Leader of the Titans, heroes for the people.
    NUBIA - Shares Diana's clay origin and date of birth, but at the hands of Phillipus. Would have been kidnapped right after her creation by Ares and raised as a warrior on man's world until freeing herself from his manipulation and meeting her sister Diana for the first time. She is a Wonder Woman who got Paradise taken from her but managed to raise herself to the same standards as her sisters.
    WONDER GIRL - daughter of Zeus and Cassandra Sandsmark. Finding her own unique identity while trying to reconcile her two realities. She'd be dealing a lot with her Olypian family and might even inherit some former Azzarello villains like Strife. Still a YJ mainstay.
    SPELL (Lyta Milton) - the youngest member of the extended family. Daughter of Circe and Ares. Still learning to cope with her abilities and insecure about Damian Wayne's attempts to have her join his Teen Titans.
    ARTEMIS - the wildcard and anti-hero of the group. The one that takes charge when they're facest with the toughest decisions.

Other notes:
    Hyppolita and Phillipus would be portrayed as a true couple and Phillipus would gain an even bigger role in Diana's upbringing. Nubia would be played up as Diana's equal and would lead a new version of the Global Guardians, having become an expert on foreign relations.

I tried to come up with unique and diferent roles for each of them so there isn't redundancy and they can all complement each other.
    Another important thing is that they'd each have their own team where they could be developed away from their relationship with Wondie and gain more in-universe relevance.
    Last edited by Factor; 03-26-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I so want a new Sensation Comics starring the Wonder family:

WONDER WOMAN - With the clay origin restored.
    DONNA TROY - Back to being Diana's adopted sister and the more down-to-Earth and approachable Themysciran representative. Leader of the Titans, heroes for the people.
    NUBIA - Shares Diana's clay origin and date of birth, but at the hands of Phillipus. Would have been kidnapped right after her creation by Ares and raised as a warrior on man's world until freeing herself from his manipulation and meeting her sister Diana for the first time. She is a Wonder Woman who got Paradise taken from her but managed to raise herself to the same standards as her sisters.
    WONDER GIRL - daughter of Zeus and Cassandra Sandsmark. Finding her own unique identity while trying to reconcile her two realities. She'd be dealing a lot with her Olypian family and might even inherit some former Azzarello villains like Strife. Still a YJ mainstay.
    SPELL (Lyta Milton) - the youngest member of the extended family. Daughter of Circe and Ares. Still learning to cope with her abilities and insecure about Damian Wayne's attempts to have her join his Teen Titans.
    ARTEMIS - the wildcard and anti-hero of the group. The one that takes charge when they're facest with the toughest decisions.

Other notes:
    Hyppolita and Phillipus would be portrayed as a true couple and Phillipus would gain an even bigger role in Diana's upbringing. Nubia would be played up as Diana's equal and would lead a new version of the Global Guardians, having become an expert on foreign relations.

I tried to come up with unique and diferent roles for each of them so there isn't redundancy and they can all complement each other.
    Another important thing is that they'd each have their own team where they could be developed away from their relationship with Wondie and gain more in-universe relevance.
    Nice line up. This is mostly similar to what I've proposed before but with Akila in place of Lyta as the spell caster.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Nice line up. This is mostly similar to what I've proposed before but with Akila in place of Lyta as the spell caster.
    Lyta's demonstrated powers don't actually show her to be a particularly skilled magician. This might be more a matter of training than power though. Magic forcefields aren't an easy trick.

She is however the sort of archer who can hit a moving target inside a building. IE, she has genuine skill as an archer, but she also has magic archery. so she can command the arrow to hit the mark even if the mark is trying to avoid it.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 03-26-2020 at 11:41 PM.

Who I’d like to/who I’m making be in the family:

Diana
    Steve
    Etta
    Donna
    Hippolyta
    Cassie
    Nu’Bia
    Warkiller
    Andros - revamp of the tv series character
    Wonder Boy - new take on the character
    [REDACTED] - a new team of characters I’ve created that are allies of Diana
    Diana - the Wonder Woman of Earth 2
    Fury - the daughter of the Wonder Woman of Earth 2

Artemis - occasional ally/adversary in conflict

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Who I’d like to/who I’m making be in the family:

Diana
    Steve
    Etta
    Donna
    Hippolyta
    Cassie
    Nu’Bia
    Warkiller
    Andros - revamp of the tv series character
    Wonder Boy - new take on the character
    [REDACTED] - a new team of characters I’ve created that are allies of Diana
    Diana - the Wonder Woman of Earth 2
    Fury - the daughter of the Wonder Woman of Earth 2

Artemis - occasional ally/adversary in conflict
    I'm just going to power my list with your selections, since we typically agree on so much, ..and I'm too lazy to generate one of my own. I'll start with the costumed heroes, most of whom don't even wear a stylized eagle-insignia, who show up for a fight and might generally be associated with the name 'Wonder Woman Family'...

Donna Troy
    Artemis
    Queen Desira
    Nubia
    Heroic Perez Hercules
    Fury (Helena Cosmatos)
    I Ching
    Orion of the New Gods
    Sargon the Sorcerer

There are regular (every or every other issue), supporting characters, who are also considered members of the family. That would be Etta, Steve, Mala, Ferdinand and Queen Hippolyta. Some, like Steve and Ferdinand can easily carry back-of-comic or special story features.

Then, there are less frequently appearing allies, who can be tossed into stories, once in a hunter's moon...
    Mister Genie
    Andros
    Wonder Boy of Viro

A new team of Sensation Comics heroes (male and female), who are infrequently recurring allies of Diana

There really isn't a battery of costumed Wonder-people, with cool costumes and codenames, to power a superheroic Wonder Woman family. For that reason, I switched out the obscure, made-for-TV superhero, Andros (a childhood favorite of mine), for Orion, ..simply because Orion is more well-known. It's a little disappointing that there aren't more easily identifiable costumed superheroes, among the ranks of Diana's circle, if only because no writer, since Kanigher, has really seen fit to create any. Of all the above-listed family, only Donna, Artemis and Cassie even carry the W-insignia, compared to the gaggle of Bat-folk, who carry the iconic 'bat'.

Seriously, folks...when the fated call goes out for the Wonder Family, there should be a throng of costumed, super-powered heroes showing up, as BIG, stylish and awesome, as Batman's or Superman's. Where's Wonder Woman's answer to Steel, Batwoman, bla'bla and so-n'so? Where are they?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 03-31-2020 at 07:00 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I just thought of a hilarious idea. Setup a scenario where Diana is acting as a mother figure to Wonderboy. Then to make it interesting, have Wonderboy meet Lyta Milton and decide he likes her. Maybe toss in Cassiphone so that Lyta has someone who's family to watch over her other than her parents? I mean having Ares and Circe in the story is fine and all, but they have such a forceful presence that they tend to overshadow others. Cassiphone would be a less overshadowing presence narratively.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'm just going to power my list with your selections, since we typically agree on so much, ..and I'm too lazy to generate one of my own. I'll start with the costumed heroes, most of whom don't even wear a stylized eagle-insignia, who show up for a fight and might generally be associated with the name 'Wonder Woman Family'...

Donna Troy
    Artemis
    Queen Desira
    Nubia
    Heroic Perez Hercules
    Fury (Helena Cosmatos)
    I Ching
    Orion of the New Gods
    Sargon the Sorcerer

There are regular (every or every other issue), supporting characters, who are also considered members of the family. That would be Etta, Steve, Mala, Ferdinand and Queen Hippolyta. Some, like Steve and Ferdinand can easily carry back-of-comic or special story features.

Then, there are less frequently appearing allies, who can be tossed into stories, once in a hunter's moon...
    Mister Genie
    Andros
    Wonder Boy of Viro

A new team of Sensation Comics heroes (male and female), who are infrequently recurring allies of Diana

There really isn't a battery of costumed Wonder-people, with cool costumes and codenames, to power a superheroic Wonder Woman family. For that reason, I switched out the obscure, made-for-TV superhero, Andros (a childhood favorite of mine), for Orion, ..simply because Orion is more well-known. It's a little disappointing that there aren't more easily identifiable costumed superheroes, among the ranks of Diana's circle, if only because no writer, since Kanigher, has really seen fit to create any. Of all the above-listed family, only Donna, Artemis and Cassie even carry the W-insignia, compared to the gaggle of Bat-folk, who carry the iconic 'bat'.

Seriously, folks...when the fated call goes out for the Wonder Family, there should be a throng of costumed, super-powered heroes showing up, as BIG, stylish and awesome, as Batman's or Superman's. Where's Wonder Woman's answer to Steel, Batwoman, bla'bla and so-n'so? Where are they?
    They exist. You even mentioned them in your comment. Just because they aren't used all the time doesn't mean they aren't there.

They exist. You even mentioned them in your comment. Just because they aren't used all the time doesn't mean they aren't there.
    I also mentioned that they were somewhat disappointing, when compared to the other superhero families. There is a deficit of Wonder-people, who have been developed into their own properties, like Nightwing, Supergirl, Batgirl, Catwoman, Red Robin, Steel, Huntress and the rest of them already have. What passes for WW's family is pathetic, by comparison. Their presence in the WW comic doesn't prove otherwise!

The new Olympian (Achilles), Andros of Arctares and Zephyr the Wonder Bird need development. If Achilles is the new Olympian, he should be representing Greece, in the Global Guardians. When's that happening? Andros of Arctares should be in sci-fi stories, throughout the DCU and, especially, in WW; he isn't. And Zephyr...?

We can do better.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I also mentioned that they were somewhat disappointing, when compared to the other superhero families. There is a deficit of Wonder-people, who have been developed into their own properties, like Nightwing, Supergirl, Batgirl, Catwoman, Red Robin, Steel, Huntress and the rest of them already have. What passes for WW's family is pathetic, by comparison. Their presence in the WW comic doesn't prove otherwise!

The new Olympian (Achilles), Andros of Arctares and Zephyr the Wonder Bird need development. If Achilles is the new Olympian, he should be representing Greece, in the Global Guardians. When's that happening? Andros of Arctares should be in sci-fi stories, throughout the DCU and, especially, in WW; he isn't. And Zephyr...?

We can do better.
    You're confusing quality and quantity. Donna, Cassie, Artemis and even Nubia all have sizable fan bases. The Wonder Family doesn't need to be as big as the Super or Bat families. And considering how inconsequential the Global Guardians are (when they're even allowed to exist), Achilles not being on that team is no big loss.

You're confusing quality and quantity. Donna, Cassie, Artemis and even Nubia all have sizable fan bases. The Wonder Family doesn't need to be as big as the Super or Bat families. And considering how inconsequential the Global Guardians are (when they're even allowed to exist), Achilles not being on that team is no big loss.
    I'm not confused about anything. Thinking the WW comic has characters to waste, when it needs to be building and developing - that would illustrate confusion.

Donna Troy doesn't have a codename and is rarely seen with the superheroine, who inspired her. The same can be said for Cassandra and Artemis. You're suggesting WW editors/writers throw away the few opportunities it presently has, with male (always male) recurring characters, to expand the brand, ..which makes no sense, if the objective is to build. Furthermore, the standard with superhero families is big; so, the Wonder Woman family needs to go big or go home.

Citing the sizable fanbases of Cass, Artemis and Nubia, while that assertion is highly questionable and relative, at best, is fine. They didn't find them, overnight, and they are not enough. The fact that Zephyr the Wonder Bird, Mister Genie, Achilles and the rest, or whoever you think to stick in their places, don't have them ..means there is building to be done.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-01-2020 at 09:10 PM.

I'm not confused about anything. Thinking the WW comic has characters to waste, when it needs to be building and developing - that would illustrate confusion.

Donna Troy doesn't have a codename
    Yes she does.

and is rarely seen with the superheroine, who inspired her. The same can be said for Cassandra and Artemis.
    Which the writers should fix before working on trying to make Zephyr the Wonder Bird the next big hit, which is as likely to happen as me becoming President of the World.

You're suggesting WW editors/writers throw away the few opportunities it presently has, with male (always male) recurring characters, to expand the brand, ..which makes no sense, if the objective is to build.
    I'm suggesting the WW editors and writers build on the established fan base they have with characters already known first, before they waste time on Silver Age relics no one remembers or crappy characters introduced in stories no one liked.

Furthermore, the standard with superhero families is big; so, the Wonder Woman family needs to go big or go home.
    Yeah, no it doesn't. Creating a big family for the sake of it just means more characters writers can forget about, exclude or kill off.

Furthermore, stop trying to make this into how it's always the guys getting the short end of the stick as if we don't have dozens of female characters in WW and other franchises getting left to the wayside. In fact, seeing as how you love calling any male character who isn't some kind of sexist, chauvinistic jackass a "eunuch" I'm starting to question your idea of a quality male character.

[QUOTE]Citing the sizable fanbases of Cass, Artemis and Nubia, while that assertion is highly questionable and relative, at best, is fine. They didn't find them, overnight, and they are not enough.
    Why? Because you say so?

The fact that Zephyr the Wonder Bird, Mister Genie, Achilles and the rest, or whoever you think to stick in their places, don't have them ..means there is building to be done.
    You don't build with a weak foundation.

Yes she does.

Which the writers should fix before working on trying to make Zephyr the Wonder Bird the next big hit, which is as likely to happen as me becoming President of the World.

I'm suggesting the WW editors and writers build on the established fan base they have with characters already known first, before they waste time on Silver Age relics no one remembers or crappy characters introduced in stories no one liked.

Yeah, no it doesn't. Creating a big family for the sake of it just means more characters writers can forget about, exclude or kill off.

Furthermore, stop trying to make this into how it's always the guys getting the short end of the stick as if we don't have dozens of female characters in WW and other franchises getting left to the wayside. In fact, seeing as how you love calling any male character who isn't some kind of sexist, chauvinistic jackass a "eunuch" I'm starting to question your idea of a quality male character...

Why? Because you say so?...
    Yes.

You posted a topic, and I responded to it...expressed an opinion, without calling you any profane names. You don't have to agree with them.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 04-02-2020 at 05:07 PM.

If we're doing a book with an extended focus on family and friends, Diana's already associated with a lot of teen(or otherwise young) characters. Having her act as a mentor for a teen super-team seem like a good idea... especially if characters like the Hive Five, Deva, or Lyta Milton are involved.