View Poll Results: Should Jean have stayed dead after the DPS?

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 34.18%
  • No

52 65.82%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Incredible Member

For me, no. Whatever my feelings about the last 15+ years, the first 15, after she came back, had a lot, a whole lot, of comics prominently featuring Jean that I enjoyed very much.

Question: Would 90s X-Men be largely the same had Polaris taken her spot in OG X-Factor?

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Question: Would 90s X-Men be largely the same had Polaris taken her spot in OG X-Factor?
    It would have been Dazzler or Sara Grey in X-Factor.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Incredible Member

Polaris without Alex? Just substitute her for Jean and everything else the same? You lose the whole Jott dynamic which was a big part of the original X FACTOR. So, I definitely don't think it's largely the same. And I imagine there are some who would have preferred it that way. To each his own there. Whichever you might prefer it would have been very different. Well, the interpersonal dynamics. They could have wound up with the same basic mission statement with Lorna or Jean.

Fantastic Member

I do think that bringing Jean back cheapened the Dark Phoenix Saga. And I personally am not really a fan of her's and kind of feel she works better as a dead loved one whose memory haunts the other characters.

Having said that, she does have a fair amount of loyal fans and I'm happy for every member of that fan-base who was either pleased to get her back or became fan after her resurrection. So, I guess I have to vote that Jean shouldn't have stayed dead. Bringing her back brought more joy to more people than keeping her dead would have brought.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    Having said that, she does have a fair amount of loyal fans and I'm happy for every member of that fan-base who was either pleased to get her back or became fan after her resurrection. So, I guess I have to vote that Jean shouldn't have stayed dead. Bringing her back brought more joy to more people than keeping her dead would have brought.
    That's a cool way to look at it. Just sort of acknowledge that the character isn't necessarily for you, and accept that it's for the other fans.

But this is the internet. We don't cotton to that sort of wishy-washy live and let live crap around here! It's all 'let's divide into tribes and fight each other!'

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

As much as I hate resurrections and deaths I figure its too late to start reigning it in unless it comes off as really unfair. Plus, I feel Jean got really screwed. She gets cheated on then slaughtered and tossed away to be replaced by the new cooler girl. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    As much as I hate resurrections and deaths I figure its too late to start reigning it in unless it comes off as really unfair. Plus, I feel Jean got really screwed. She gets cheated on then slaughtered and tossed away to be replaced by the new cooler girl. Just my opinion.
    Fist time, I think was better done. But that wasn't the happy ending that a abuse survivor deserved.

second time was exactly what you wrote; Jean was slaughtered and substitued for the new favorite female character of the editors.
    one of the worst women in refrigerators.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Moai View Post
    I do think that bringing Jean back cheapened the Dark Phoenix Saga. And I personally am not really a fan of her's and kind of feel she works better as a dead loved one whose memory haunts the other characters.

Jean fans have always been on the lower end of Marvel priorities.

It's good that you think this way, Jean fans doesn't deserve less than other fandoms
    Last edited by spirit2011; 02-06-2020 at 07:21 AM.

Fantastic Member

I think Jean should have stayed dead for a while but not permanently. DPS should have had her slowly lose control and go dark but then undergo the psychic lobotomy. Mastermind should have gotten revenge and killed her. Tge Maddie Pryor thing should have been less creepy in that instead of the silliness of the clone saga. Maddie should have been a psychic projection or life like illusion created by Lady Mastermind to trick the Xmen and destroy them. Aside from all that if we brought Jean back it should have been in the "Gifted" storyline

Quote Originally Posted by GodfatherIV View Post
    I think Jean should have stayed dead for a while but not permanently. DPS should have had her slowly lose control and go dark but then undergo the psychic lobotomy. Mastermind should have gotten revenge and killed her. Tge Maddie Pryor thing should have been less creepy in that instead of the silliness of the clone saga. Maddie should have been a psychic projection or life like illusion created by Lady Mastermind to trick the Xmen and destroy them. Aside from all that if we brought Jean back it should have been in the "Gifted" storyline
    Mastermind that was the abuser get a revenge? hell no

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Ugh! Not again! Computer bug deleted my first paragraph which pertains to DPS.

I thought she should have stayed dead in the beginning because I felt it cheapened her sacrifice in a way and the whole Phoenix not being Jean used to bother me even with the explanation of it really is her because the P took her memories and personality. I still go back and forth on it because I like the 05 X-Factor a lot and think it wouldn't have worked with Dazzler filling her slot.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    second time was exactly what you wrote; Jean was slaughtered and substitued for the new favorite female character of the editors.
    one of the worst women in refrigerators.
    Yep... It left a real bad taste in my mouth.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 02-06-2020 at 06:20 PM.