Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Isn't this sort of the problem with resurrections like these? Now you have to bring people back no matter what. You can't make the resurrections contingent on anything because then it turns this holy process into just another control, which Xavier doesn't want. People need to see it as something important and holy, not just another part of the government bureaucracy.

Of course, we know the truth.
    Which is....
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is Mystique even that much of a threat? Yeah she can be ruthless and calculating but exactly what damage can she do to Krakoa in general and the council in particular, considering who it's members are?
    she can murder each of the Five for starters. you're not talking about someone dumb enough to go head to head with someone like Gorgon or Exodus. she's an extremely petty and vindictive woman. but she's also quite imaginative when it comes to revenge. look at the fallout of her murdering Graydon Creed. she could ruin this for everyone with minimal effort. collaborating with the enemy. offering her own versatile dna to the humans so they can all have mutant skin suits (see: Dermafree storyline from her solo series).
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-03-2020 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Is Mystique even that much of a threat? Yeah she can be ruthless and calculating but exactly what damage can she do to Krakoa in general and the council in particular, considering who it's members are? I don't even know how she earned a seat on the council, what does she bring to the table? Now if this was Selene we were talking about then that would be cause for concern. She can inflict some serious damage if Xavier and Magneto screwed her over. Yes Raven will get fed up with the stalling of Irene's resurrection and probably start making threats and maybe even cause some trouble, but in the big picture and with the power of some of her fellow council members I don't see her being that much of an issue. She acts up too much she might find herself keeping Sabretooth company, and maybe Shaw will be there also. I don't see Xavier, Mags and Moira letting anyone wreck what they've built.
    The fact that she is Irene's lover is enough reason to put her under surveillance.

How do we know that she isnt playing dumb, maybe she is Destiny safeguard.

I mean, Hickman could tell us that Destiny predicted that Moira would never want to resurrect her, so she trusted Mystique with a future mission.

"When baldy create Krakoa, time to teach that bitch a lesson"

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    The fact that she is Irene's lover is enough reason to put her under surveillance.

How do we know that she isnt playing dumb, maybe she is Destiny safeguard.

I mean, Hickman could tell us that Destiny predicted that Moira would never want resurrect her, si she trusted Mystique with a future mission.

"When baldy create Krakoa, time to teach that bitch a lesson"
    And we also have Orchis possibly being able to resurrect as well, according to Doctor Gregor. If the council doesn't give Raven what she desires most, I wouldn't put it past her to ally with Orchis to get it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I still think that they should just tell Mystique they already did it. "Oh, you haven't seen her? That's weird, she was totally looking for you." Just put someone in the costume and have him/her walk around Krakoa. "Oh yeah, Destiny was by the pool," "She was asking for you," "I saw her going through the gate over there," "She was headed to New York or was it Tokyo?" They can stage these "near-misses" and then kill her off again in a Krakoa attack. "Sorry, we tried. We'll get to her AGAIN very soon."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Which is....
    The truth is that Xavier is using the resurrections as a means of control.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I don't understand the issues some are having with the order of the resurrections.
    The Council members have priority and say.
    Precogs are left off the list...for reasons yet to be determined.
    Everyone else is "in queue" (...as the story/writer dictates).
    It's not that The Five and Xavier are resurrecting one mutant a month, you know...chances are a lot of the fan-faves are already back...just not featured in-story or in-panel, ...yet.
    The way some of you make it seem is as though there's the chance of island-wide anarchy if so-and-so isn't resurrected, forthwith! The only person going to raise bloody hell is Mystique for not having Destiny back. And we'll see her kick some asses next week in XM 06
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I still think that they should just tell Mystique they already did it. "Oh, you haven't seen her? That's weird, she was totally looking for you." Just put someone in the costume and have him/her walk around Krakoa. "Oh yeah, Destiny was by the pool," "She was asking for you," "I saw her going through the gate over there," "She was headed to New York or was it Tokyo?" They can stage these "near-misses" and then kill her off again in a Krakoa attack. "Sorry, we tried. We'll get to her AGAIN very soon."
    This would just piss her off more than actually not bringing her back at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I don't understand the issues some are having with the order of the resurrections.
    It's not that The Five and Xavier are resurrecting one mutant a month, you know...chances are a lot of the fan-faves are already back...just not featured in-story or in-panel, ...yet.
    The way some of you make it seem is as though there's the chance of islans-wide anarchy if so-and-so isn't resurrected, forthwith! The only person going to raise bloody hell is Mystique for not having Destiny back. And we'll see her kick some asses next week in XM 06
    For one thing, Krakoa hasn't been around that long, so for many people, there's reason enough for someone to be missing. And maybe some mutants won't mind at all because at least most of mutantkind is fine.

It's happening. Are you guys precogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The way some of you make it seem is as though there's the chance of island-wide anarchy if so-and-so isn't resurrected, forthwith! The only person going to raise bloody hell is Mystique for not having Destiny back. And we'll see her kick some asses next week in XM 06
    But we are talking about Mystique, she could murder people for less.

Besides, i suspect that some council members can pressure for some mutants, she is a council member, she is just asking for one and they are ignoring her.

Telling her that for the moment precogs are off would probably rise suspicions.

"Sorry Raven but we keep getting an error message with precogs. Not sure what's going on. Some tea?"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's happening. Are you guys precogs?

All this technology and they're using a flashdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    the blind woman was looking for her? just how much do you value the messenger's life?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    All this technology and they're using a flashdrive.
    it would appear that he's plugging said flashdrive into a plant. retro is the idea.