Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I had utterly no idea that series existed until now. I'll have to check that out.
    Bug was also a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy for a while. The first present day Guardians book with Starlord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Drax, Moondragon, Phyla Vel, Mantis, and Warlock.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    No Marvel still owns most of the characters they created for the series they just can't use the name Micronauts. Really the only characters Marvel can't use are the one based directly on toys like Acroyear, Baron Karza, Microtron, Biotron, Pharoid, and some others. Everything else like the Microverse, Commander Rann, Marionette, Bug, Huntarr, and most of the races in the Microverse create by Marvel are still theirs to use as they want. Marvel even did a new Micronatus series some years ago they just renamed it Enigma Force instead.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I had utterly no idea that series existed until now. I'll have to check that out.
    I had no clue this existed either! I will have to hunt it down!

Also, if we are talking about characters getting absolutely rotten treatment...none have anything on Sharon Ventura, the second Ms. Marvel! Crazy, not crazy, monster, not monster, crazy monster, hero, villain...poor girl cant catch a break.
    What is even up with Julia Carpenter these days? Does she have powers at all anymore?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I had no clue this existed either! I will have to hunt it down!

Also, if we are talking about characters getting absolutely rotten treatment...none have anything on Sharon Ventura, the second Ms. Marvel! Crazy, not crazy, monster, not monster, crazy monster, hero, villain...poor girl cant catch a break.
    What is even up with Julia Carpenter these days? Does she have powers at all anymore?
    Julia Carpenter, especially. Her last appearance was in Prowler's Clone Conspiracy tie-in book, and she appeared to have lost her original spider-powers as well as the psychic powers she'd inherited from Cassandra Webb. Real shame. My best hope at this point is that Karla Pacheco brings her back for an arc in her new Spider-Woman solo, focusing on all the women to have held the title of Spider-Woman. I mean, if Charlotte Witter (misspelled "Winter" for some reason) can come back in that recent Marvel Comics Presents story, then they have no excuse for not bringing back Julia.

Aside from her, there's also Cardiac, who would probably have an interesting reaction to Krakoa's wonder drugs being offered to humanity in exchange for their recognition of Krakoa as a sovereign nation-state and of its inhabitants' right to exist. I would throw in Oliver Osnick/Steel Spider as well, who was way overdue for a confrontation with the Superior Spider-Man (or Octopus) in Otto's days of trying to be a hero, or for getting recruited for Parker Industries by Otto-as-Peter or Peter himself, not to mention that since he got his arm chewed off by Mac Gargan-Venom, I could see him making not just an advanced prosthetic replacement, but a full-body armored prosthesis similar to a Cyborg Ninja from Metal Gear Solid/Rising. Speaking of Octopuses or Octopi, Carolyn Trainer should at least usurp leadership of the (Sinister) Syndicate from Janice Lincoln/Beetle or strike out on her own, as she was a high-tech crime boss in her own right, specializing in virtual reality, back in the 90s, and since VR has become increasingly mainstream in real life, I could perhaps see her taking up where Tony Stark's Project eScape was forced to leave off.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

After a tough time turning the Hood into a proper Marvel character maybe I should be glad he's not being used just to use him, and that Zodiac hasn't had the same problem.

Everett Thomas and Josiah X are two cool characters unused for reasons I don't know.

Namor is used, but I'm pretty unhappy with how they use him. As Marvel poster boy I really think he should only come second to Spider-Man
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    After a tough time turning the Hood into a proper Marvel character maybe I should be glad he's not being used just to use him, and that Zodiac hasn't had the same problem.

Everett Thomas and Josiah X are two cool characters unused for reasons I don't know.

Namor is used, but I'm pretty unhappy with how they use him. As Marvel poster boy I really think he should only come second to Spider-Man
    Everett recently came back in X-Men #5 by Jonathan Hickman, and as for Josiah X, the entire Bradley lineage (Isaiah, Josiah, and Eli/Patriot) seems to not be allowed in comics anymore. I've been told by some sources that it's due to some kind of rights dispute with the creator of Isaiah Bradley, but even so, it's a real shame, because there's so much dramatic potential to be mined from the Bradleys' reaction to more recent events surrounding Captain America --- Sam Wilson/Falcon becoming the first official black Captain America, the clashes both physical and ideological over whether he had the right to wield the shield, the rise and fall of HYDRA-Cap's Secret Empire, and finally the real Steve Rogers returning, albeit distrusted by the public and discredited by the Power Elite arising to exploit HYDRA's downfall.

Literally all the Avengers Academy kids, what a bad time to be a teen character.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Circuit breaker who like death's head was from the transformers comic but marvel pulled the same trick they did with death head to keep her rights--then after secret wars 2 never used her in the main universe again! She was a woman who hated machines and could short them out with one touch. Why was she not used in iron man? She also cant walk without her "outfit" (boy that would need updating today. It has not aged well.) and is kind of a anti-hero. Ironic thing is she needs a machine (her suit) to walk so she has to use the thing she hates. In transformers she joined a super hero team the neo knights.

I'll give you the Golden Age heroes. Rita DeMara. You really think that character got a bum deal? I think you are being dazzled by the costume. To be fair, the Yellowjacket costume is one of the best costumes at Marvel and it elevated an otherwise forgettable character like Rita DeMara. Moonknight's costume also has that ability as well.
    She was great in gotg as a member then marvel brought her back to the main universe just to have iron man kill her off in the avengers kitchen then never talk about her again! Even dead avengers mini called the avengers out on how bad they treated her. Worse we STILL don't know if she is alive again after dead avengers after how long as marvel never used her again or told us anything! She was planned for thunderbolts but they used songbird over her so she almost got used again in something. Yes she has been treated pretty poor! She is one of those evil turned good heroes and gotg did a great job with her.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-01-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Bug was also a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy for a while. The first present day Guardians book with Starlord, Rocket, Groot, Gamora, Drax, Moondragon, Phyla Vel, Mantis, and Warlock.

https://imgc.allpostersimages.com/im...-g-PW82AO0.jpg
    And don't forget, Bug was also an ally of both Domino & old/adult Cable against Psycho-Man during the Loeb/Churchill run on Cable:

Last edited by K7P5V; 02-02-2020 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

Bug was going to be in he first gotg film also but they cut him to focus on a smaller team. Starhawk was looked at also.

https://cosmicbook.news/content/bug-...pt-no-starhawk

As for the micronauts the microverse is in the mcu under another name and micron city was there also so marvel has set them up in the mcu! (that's were wasp was living all this time!)

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    as for Josiah X, the entire Bradley lineage (Isaiah, Josiah, and Eli/Patriot) seems to not be allowed in comics anymore. I've been told by some sources that it's due to some kind of rights dispute with the creator of Isaiah Bradley
    That's over. Eli resumed his role of Patriot in Marvel Comics #1000 (meaning that mantle is now shared).

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    there's also Cardiac, who would probably have an interesting reaction to Krakoa's wonder drugs being offered to humanity in exchange for their recognition of Krakoa as a sovereign nation-state and of its inhabitants' right to exist.
    Cardiac literally just showed up in Valkyrie.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-02-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Circuit breaker who like death's head was from the transformers comic but marvel pulled the same trick they did with death head to keep her rights--then after secret wars 2 never used her in the main universe again! She was a woman who hated machines and could short them out with one touch. Why was she not used in iron man? She also cant walk without her "outfit" (boy that would need updating today. It has not aged well.) and is kind of a anti-hero. Ironic thing is she needs a machine (her suit) to walk so she has to use the thing she hates. In transformers she joined a super hero team the neo knights.
    That's a good point. You'd have thought the current Iron Man 2020 storyline would have been the perfect time to bring her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cardiac is rumored to be in the next Spider Man video game too which if he is will probably mean some more face time in the Spider Man books too I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Bug was going to be in he first gotg film also but they cut him to focus on a smaller team.
    ]
    I thought it was Marvel that made James Gunn cut him. From the way it sounded Gunn really wanted to use him but Marvel said no. It might just be that a 3rd green skinned character was just one too many for such a small team.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's over. Eli resumed his role of Patriot in Marvel Comics #1000 (meaning that mantle is now shared).

Cardiac is rumored to be in the next Spider Man video game too which if he is will probably mean some more face time in the Spider Man books too I would imagine.
    Fair enough on Cardiac showing up in Valkyrie, Digifiend, though I would like to see him in a bigger role vis-à-vis the Spider-Man comics proper, especially reoriented as the anti-corporate vigilante he started out being. I could also see that working out in the sequel to Insomniac's Spider-Man, as given the exposure of Norman Osborn's crimes (particularly against humanity) by the end of the plot, Cardiac could make Oscorp his primary target, particularly if his brother turned out to be a victim of said crimes.

And yes, Eli's back, too, though I'd like to see more of him as well, especially with Outlawed coming up.

Everything about Mary Jo Duffy's Crystar is criminally underrated. It wasn't as good as her Power Man and Iron Fist but it sure was great sword and sorcery book.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!