Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought it was Marvel that made James Gunn cut him. From the way it sounded Gunn really wanted to use him but Marvel said no. It might just be that a 3rd green skinned character was just one too many for such a small team.
    Yeah, and he de-greened Drax and Mantis, to boot. 'Cause that team, wow. Bug, Mantis, Drax, Gamora... And there's no reason why Groot couldn't sprout some leaves to complete the theme.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    The Sentry.

Any and all character development is always binned to maintain the focus on the completely overdone Sentry/Void dichotomy.
    Respectfully, there are enough (and better) Superman clones in the Marvel Universe. CoughHyperioncouph!
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Adam-X ... heir of D'Ken (with the mother being Katherine Summers) being dumped in favor of Vulcan.

More here, if so inclined: http://tawmis.com/xtreme/archives/203
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Incredible Member

Nightwatch.

Really, enough said on that alone. Killed off in the back of a Spider-Man Unlimited annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    Nightwatch.

Really, enough said on that alone. Killed off in the back of a Spider-Man Unlimited annual.
    He was later revealed to be alive in She-Hulk and a super villain named Nighteater.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Respectfully, there are enough (and better) Superman clones in the Marvel Universe. CoughHyperioncouph!
    I enjoyed Hyperion when he was with Squadron Supreme (fighting Avengers under the Sinister banner, then later Squadron Supreme) - and right through the 12 issue Limited series for Squadron Supreme (one of the best written stories in Marvel!) - and up to those last two specials (Death of a Universe and such) - but did not care for his character post 2000 or whenever they made him and the rest a part of the "regular" Marvel Universe. I feel like he (all of them really) lost their personalities we saw previously.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    He was later revealed to be alive in She-Hulk and a super villain named Nighteater.
    That actually makes me wish he was still dead...

That's a good point. You'd have thought the current Iron Man 2020 storyline would have been the perfect time to bring her back.
    It would be a great way to bring her back! Plus death's head was in that event in the marvel 1000 one shots so why not circuit breaker? Both are from the same comic and marvel owns both of them.

Also what about robyn hood? She's a robot also. Has she showed up in this event yet? She should be in the new warriors or champions teams. marvel only used her in two issues then dumped her.

[IMG][/IMG]

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It would be a great way to bring her back! Plus death's head was in that event in the marvel 1000 one shots so why not circuit breaker? Both are from the same comic and marvel owns both of them.

Also what about robyn hood? She's a robot also. Has she showed up in this event yet? She should be in the new warriors or champions teams. marvel only used her in two issues then dumped her.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Thanks for reminding me of that Avenging Spider-Man arc. Technically, she blew up at the end, but considering her CPU was saved by her creator, she could've been rebuilt at some point.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

Darkhawk - they keep teasing him and setting him up to be the next Nova but quickly discard and abandon him
    Toxin (Patrick Mulligan) - never given the chance to develop as a character before being killed off screen just so his symbiote could become Venom 2.0
    Night Thrasher - perpetually stuck in the 90's and never allowed to advance
    Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) - never allowed to escape the stigma of the Clone Saga and (now) Clone Conspiracy, essentially become Kaine Parker 2.0 since his return.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Darkhawk - they keep teasing him and setting him up to be the next Nova but quickly discard and abandon him
    Toxin (Patrick Mulligan) - never given the chance to develop as a character before being killed off screen just so his symbiote could become Venom 2.0
    Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly) - never allowed to escape the stigma of the Clone Saga and (now) Clone Conspiracy, essentially become Kaine Parker 2.0 since his return.
    Cosigned, especially Night Thrasher and Ben Reilly, but given the New Warriors miniseries spinning out of the upcoming Outlawed event, I'm hoping that'll change for Night Thrasher.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

"the UN-appreciated."!?
    The United Nations appreciated!?

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    Darkhawk got some play (and upgrades) in the War of Kings/Realm of Kings stories. And he's popped up in Guardians of the Galaxy, I believe a few times.
    Night Thrasher appeared in the comic based off the mobile game (I want to say Contest of Champions?) - and was resurrected - appeared in Civil War II (for one issue) - and is now appearing in the upcoming New Warriors limited series.
    Scarlet Spider (if it's who I think it is - because it is a bit of a mess) - was a member of the latest New Warriors (granted, hard to believe it's been 5 years... and had his own series before that... not sure if he's appeared since... I've dropped 99% of what I collect)

Wrong Scarlet Spider, the 2014 New Warrior who'd recently had a solo book was Kaine, not Ben. Ben was on the original 90s team near the end. There was a Scarlet Spider series a couple of years ago, which was primarily about Ben but did also feature Kaine.

Yes, it was Contest of Champions in which Thrash was rescued from Stamford (he wasn't resurrected, he was actually pulled into the future just as the explosion happened, thus saving his life).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Thanks for reminding me of that Avenging Spider-Man arc. Technically, she blew up at the end, but considering her CPU was saved by her creator, she could've been rebuilt at some point.
    Yeah, her body was destroyed - but that's happened to Vision before and he was rebuilt, so they can bring her back. Unfortunately, another comics company has a character called Robyn Hood, and the writer who wrote her issues is no longer writing for Marvel, so she's probably gone for good.

She'd be redundant on the Champions anyway, since Kamala or Viv can do all the same stuff.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-07-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman