Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Yeah, her body was destroyed - but that's happened to Vision before and he was rebuilt, so they can bring her back. Unfortunately, another comics company has a character called Robyn Hood, and the writer who wrote her issues is no longer writing for Marvel, so she's probably gone for good.

She'd be redundant on the Champions anyway, since Kamala or Viv can do all the same stuff.
    Marvel and dc have many heroes with the same name. From sandman to scarecrow. Also marvel could just rename her if they want.

As for the same powers avengers has had thor and hercules in the same team plus other heroes that have powers that are alike but their personality is not the same. Heck thor corps they all are thors with the same powers and spider warriors team are all Spider-Man. But they didn't act the same.

i miss Captain Ultra

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Darkhawk got some play (and upgrades) in the War of Kings/Realm of Kings stories. And he's popped up in Guardians of the Galaxy, I believe a few times.
    That's my point though. He started showing up in Nova during Secret Invasion before being left behind, then War of Kings set him up to have this ongoing storyline that really never went anywhere. He never participated in Realm of Kings because he got taken out before the event really kicked off and the next time we saw him was during Avengers Arena where he spent the majority of the series in a coma. He's had every conceivable chance to be rolled over into the Guardians of the Galaxy, have his own solo series, or at least co-star with Nova but they keep dancing around it before just sidelining him entirely. Darkhawk is pretty much Marvel's version of the Guyver and Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle before Jamie Reyes was even a thing, yet Marvel never seizes the opportunity to really do anything with him outside of the occasional cameo to get his ass kicked.

Night Thrasher appeared in the comic based off the mobile game (I want to say Contest of Champions?) - and was resurrected - appeared in Civil War II (for one issue) - and is now appearing in the upcoming New Warriors limited series.
    He was in Contest of Champions for like 2-3 issues before being cycled out and immediately forgotten. Dwayne could have easily just been rolled over into the Ultimates at that point given how intelligent he was supposed to be but it didn't happen. And Civil War II gave him a new suit and looked like it was setting him up to go to Baltimore but once again nothing came of it. Night Thrasher is pretty much perpetually stuck as the poor man's Iron Man.

Scarlet Spider (if it's who I think it is - because it is a bit of a mess) - was a member of the latest New Warriors (granted, hard to believe it's been 5 years... and had his own series before that... not sure if he's appeared since... I've dropped 99% of what I collect)
    As was already pointed out, that was actually Kaine (which I was perfectly okay with) who himself has appeared on and off during various Spider-Events since then. Ben has also been around many of these events but since his resurrection he's pretty much been on the more violent end of the spectrum to the point that, if I remember correctly, he was acting second to Superior Spider-Man when the Inheritors came back.
    I'm not saying that I want him to be an exact copy of Peter again, but I always liked him as the happy medium between Kaine and Peter in that he was not as jaded as the former but not as naive as the latter. Basically I want him to go back to being the type of person Peter should have grown into YEARS ago, the slightly more realistic adult that's laid back but takes his life and job seriously enough to avoid always struggling to make ends meat.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    That's my point though. He started showing up in Nova during Secret Invasion before being left behind, then War of Kings set him up to have this ongoing storyline that really never went anywhere. He never participated in Realm of Kings because he got taken out before the event really kicked off and the next time we saw him was during Avengers Arena where he spent the majority of the series in a coma. He's had every conceivable chance to be rolled over into the Guardians of the Galaxy, have his own solo series, or at least co-star with Nova but they keep dancing around it before just sidelining him entirely. Darkhawk is pretty much Marvel's version of the Guyver and Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle before Jamie Reyes was even a thing, yet Marvel never seizes the opportunity to really do anything with him outside of the occasional cameo to get his ass kicked.

He was in Contest of Champions for like 2-3 issues before being cycled out and immediately forgotten. Dwayne could have easily just been rolled over into the Ultimates at that point given how intelligent he was supposed to be but it didn't happen. And Civil War II gave him a new suit and looked like it was setting him up to go to Baltimore but once again nothing came of it. Night Thrasher is pretty much perpetually stuck as the poor man's Iron Man.

As was already pointed out, that was actually Kaine (which I was perfectly okay with) who himself has appeared on and off during various Spider-Events since then. Ben has also been around many of these events but since his resurrection he's pretty much been on the more violent end of the spectrum to the point that, if I remember correctly, he was acting second to Superior Spider-Man when the Inheritors came back.
    I'm not saying that I want him to be an exact copy of Peter again, but I always liked him as the happy medium between Kaine and Peter in that he was not as jaded as the former but not as naive as the latter. Basically I want him to go back to being the type of person Peter should have grown into YEARS ago, the slightly more realistic adult that's laid back but takes his life and job seriously enough to avoid always struggling to make ends meat.
    Cosigned, especially the bolded.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Incredible Member

White Tiger - pretty much all of them. The Ayala's have not got the best treatment over the years which is sad considering that as a concept White Tiger being something between Black Panther and Iron Fist could have made for a really interesting read considering how the Tiger Amulet originated in K'un L'un and the Tiger God's connection and dealings with Wakanda, Black Panther, & Bast. Granted kind of hard for any of them to make a name for themselves as a street level vigilante when there are already so many running around but the potential to be something more was always there. The fact that they are some of the few Puerto Rican characters and Hector was the first in publication hits me on a somewhat more personal level considering I don't see many of my people in comics....even if Puerto Rico doesn't actually have tigers >_>

Red Wolf - another flagship character. They kinda dropped the ball with him during his last solo run after Secret Wars by dragging their feet getting anywhere with his story until it was too late. Didn't read what happened with him and Hawkeye in the subsequent series but considering that it fell through pretty quickly too seems like it might have been more of the same. Don't think he even ever got around to getting his new costume before they cancelled both series and there were some inconsistencies as to whether he actually had any powers or not.

Black Knight - last solo run sucked on so many levels. Led the Avengers for a good chunk of the 90's, had established all this strategic and tactical knowledge at his disposal, and spent several issues centered on how he conquered and rallied most of Weirdworld behind him just to have old man Rogers walk in, issue a threat, and have all of Westeros turn on Jon Snow. Honestly even before that things weren't looking up with Dane being set up to go darkside because of yet another curse of the Ebony Blade previously unestablished.

Extraordinary Member

Teresa Parker....all she does is show up when she needs Peter's help with her missions...not to hang out and do family stuff.

Ultimate Member

White Tiger
    Red Wolf
    Black Knight
    Yes, yes, and yes. All three of them have untapped potential, and / or are interesting characters in their own right!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The Black Knight for sure. How no one jumped on the GoT/Jon Snow hype with him before they actually cast him for Eternals I don’t know. Hopefully now he’ll be in the movies there might be some movement with him.

Ruse
    Sojourn
    Enigma Force
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

White Tiger - pretty much all of them. The Ayala's have not got the best treatment over the years which is sad considering that as a concept White Tiger being something between Black Panther and Iron Fist could have made for a really interesting read considering how the Tiger Amulet originated in K'un L'un and the Tiger God's connection and dealings with Wakanda, Black Panther, & Bast. Granted kind of hard for any of them to make a name for themselves as a street level vigilante when there are already so many running around but the potential to be something more was always there. The fact that they are some of the few Puerto Rican characters and Hector was the first in publication hits me on a somewhat more personal level considering I don't see many of my people in comics....even if Puerto Rico doesn't actually have tigers >_>

Red Wolf - another flagship character. They kinda dropped the ball with him during his last solo run after Secret Wars by dragging their feet getting anywhere with his story until it was too late. Didn't read what happened with him and Hawkeye in the subsequent series but considering that it fell through pretty quickly too seems like it might have been more of the same. Don't think he even ever got around to getting his new costume before they cancelled both series and there were some inconsistencies as to whether he actually had any powers or not.

Black Knight - last solo run sucked on so many levels. Led the Avengers for a good chunk of the 90's, had established all this strategic and tactical knowledge at his disposal, and spent several issues centered on how he conquered and rallied most of Weirdworld behind him just to have old man Rogers walk in, issue a threat, and have all of Westeros turn on Jon Snow. Honestly even before that things weren't looking up with Dane being set up to go darkside because of yet another curse of the Ebony Blade previously unestablished.
    Agreed on White Tiger, and considering all of Hector's team-ups with Spider-Man in his older appearances, I found myself thinking that Hector's downfall and death was exactly what Peter feared happening to him and his loved ones should his identity become public knowledge. Speaking of White Tigers, I would also throw in Kevin "Kasper" Cole, who hasn't gotten an actual story or development on his character since the days of Christopher Priest or even that last issue of the World of Wakanda. To me, that's a shame because he could be a great connection between the streets of New York and the World of Wakanda, as well as an opportunity to explore issues relevant to the African diaspora, specifically how Africans, African-Americans, and other African-descended peoples from outside the United States relate to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Teresa Parker....all she does is show up when she needs Peter's help with her missions...not to hang out and do family stuff.
    Yeah, that does suck. When is she going to admit to Aunt May that she's her niece?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

The female human torch gynoid Invader-1 / Tara.

Pyro. This pyro in marauders is funny, but only gets 1 or 2 max panels an issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Pyro. This pyro in marauders is funny, but only gets 1 or 2 max panels an issue.
    So you mean new Pyro who showed up just before Krakoa and original Pyro came back??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    So you mean new Pyro who showed up just before Krakoa and original Pyro came back??
    New Pyro went home to care for his ailing mother. Original pyro has been revived (Krakoans can resurrect mutants). Hes very funny but under used.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Speaking of White Tigers, I would also throw in Kevin "Kasper" Cole, who hasn't gotten an actual story or development on his character since the days of Christopher Priest or even that last issue of the World of Wakanda. To me, that's a shame because he could be a great connection between the streets of New York and the World of Wakanda, as well as an opportunity to explore issues relevant to the African diaspora, specifically how Africans, African-Americans, and other African-descended peoples from outside the United States relate to each other.
    Honestly the only reason I didn't mention him was because I'm more invested in the Ayala's and for a brief moment it looked like Kasper was going away from the mantle of White Tiger in World of Wakanda. To be perfectly frank I'm both surprised and disappointed that he wasn't part of Agents of Wakanda, who in itself is mostly made up of people that have no business being on that team or really any connection to Wakanda to being with. It was a missed opportunity to put Shuri, Kasper, Manifold, the Midnight Angels, M'Baku, (possibly) Gentle, and maybe Storm on a team together with Okoye working in the interest of Wakanda. I know that a few of the characters could have been problematic to include but at the same time why not instead of lobbing a bunch of randos together.