Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Bring Uncanny back

I thought Uncanny was going to stay after Age of X-men.Then Hickman did House of X and powers of X and then the new X-men books.So why did Marvel stop Uncanny and put it in X-men
    PS I think the new crop of X-books are great

I say bring it back too.

Hickman will most likely introduce Uncanny as a companion book to X-Men. He's done it before with his Avengers and Fantastic Four runs. If it's drawn by Russell Dauterman, I'm THERE! Well, I'd be there anyway but still...
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Sometimes, I still think back to the good times of Bunncanny. Still remains the last X-book that had my excitement & undivided attention.

So far, nothing from Hickman's era has grabbed me. Subject to change, so patiently waiting. Though I may be waiting until the end of his era. lol

I'd like to see Uncanny return too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Sometimes, I still think back to the good times of Bunncanny. Still remains the last X-book that had my excitement & undivided attention.
    I just posted some panels of Betsy busting up the Nasty Boys and I thought of you. I heart that series.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

I just posted some panels of Betsy busting up the Nasty Boys and I thought of you. I heart that series.
    Well, we all know nothing good lasts forever. Especially for me. Almost everything I love(d) in every story I ever followed tends to get trashed in favor something else that I could've done without. It's clear I don't have mainstream taste that matches up with what's popular to be seen & celebrated.

Oh well. Maybe one day. lol

Mighty Member

It's just a title name, the most important thing is the writer and artist. Whether it's X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men , they are all the same...

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    It's just a title name, the most important thing is the writer and artist. Whether it's X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men , they are all the same...
    Exactly. I don't get this fixation with Uncanny. I only want that book back if they actually have solid plans for it and they don't conflict with X-men.
    The last thing we need is another half-assed Uncanny book like Rosencanny.

Uncanny is just a name. Uncanny X-Men, X-Men, whatever.

Fans: They are too many X-books

Also Fans: BRING BACK UNCANNYYYYYYYYYY

But seriously just for sake of branding something with X-men in the title will do better than Marauders, X-force,New Mutants and Excalibur so on that level there is a good and bad.

The Good- Teaching the fanbase to treat other x-brands as MAIN brands
    The Bad- A book that could be doing better isn't simple because of a name

Here is my suggestion if Uncanny X-men is brought back, It should be cast of New Mutants in the book. It is time that New Mutants graduate up in importance we already see in sales they can hold their own. Other than that I don't see need for an Uncanny book.

It will inevitably be back before too long.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Here is my suggestion if Uncanny X-men is brought back, It should be cast of New Mutants in the book. It is time that New Mutants graduate up in importance we already see in sales they can hold their own. Other than that I don't see need for an Uncanny book.
    What a great idea!

Most of original New Mutants have already graduated to X-Men in the past. Ed Brisson is not doing their justice by mixing them with the newer mutants with amateurish stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Fans: They are too many X-books

Also Fans: BRING BACK UNCANNYYYYYYYYYY

But seriously just for sake of branding something with X-men in the title will do better than Marauders, X-force,New Mutants and Excalibur so on that level there is a good and bad.

The Good- Teaching the fanbase to treat other x-brands as MAIN brands
    The Bad- A book that could be doing better isn't simple because of a name

I agree with all of this. Honestly, nothing wrong with giving people some fun switcheroo for a while. Only person hurting now is a new/returning fan who didn't read HOX/POX before dipping into DOX titles. I'm afraid that's going to only get worse if we drop an Uncanny title and the average casual X-Men reader picks it up expecting something easy to wrap their heads around right away.

I doubt we’re gonna get an Uncanny X-Men separate title.

When the new X-Men #1 came out, I’m pretty sure the “legacy numbering” on the cover combined all of the Uncanny AND Adjectiveless X-Men issues into one pile (including the Morrison New X-Men and Legacy) to get that number. It’s a weird way to do it but they apparently wanted to pump up the numbers...

Edit: I didn’t realize it started before Hickman... Rosenberg’s Uncanny 22 says 644 on it while Hickman’s X-Men 1 says 645...
    Last edited by Thundershot; 01-31-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well, we all know nothing good lasts forever. Especially for me. Almost everything I love(d) in every story I ever followed tends to get trashed in favor something else that I could've done without. It's clear I don't have mainstream taste that matches up with what's popular to be seen & celebrated.

Oh well. Maybe one day. lol
    i know the feeling. Sometimes good things last too little. a book having more than 12 issues is a miracle on today market

I'm really not too excited for Hickman take either