Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like the simplicity of X-Men and having each book have its own identity, including its own title. One X-Men title, many spin-offs please.

Spectacular Member

I think it’s good that they are using the spotlight the new budget, era and Hickman provided to mutants to test and (re)introduce new brands, instead of having 200 x-men books. When all it’s said and done, eventually, at least some of those will stick in the readers conscience, be Marauders or Hellions or whatever. The same way X-Force or X-factor have stuck despite incarnations being sometimes very different from each other (the original x-force and the more recent assassins squads x-force, the original x-factor with the original x-men and the Peter David one etc.). Also I think it’s part of a more general brand choice for the current, if I am not mistaken all titles present and announced are adjective-less.and there are also more general brand reason behind these choices, like not using the most classical historical title for a new era, and saving it for the unavoidable return to a more classical even if not the same as before era.

To me, Uncanny IS Legacy or in other words Uncanny is continuity. I think that's the way slot of readers view it.

Fantastic Member

I agree with some of the thoughts that the New Mutants/Generation X characters should be graduated to X-Men. Uncanny could be Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Rogue and Gambit

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I doubt we’re gonna get an Uncanny X-Men separate title.

When the new X-Men #1 came out, I’m pretty sure the “legacy numbering” on the cover combined all of the Uncanny AND Adjectiveless X-Men issues into one pile (including the Morrison New X-Men and Legacy) to get that number. It’s a weird way to do it but they apparently wanted to pump up the numbers...

Edit: I didn’t realize it started before Hickman... Rosenberg’s Uncanny 22 says 644 on it while Hickman’s X-Men 1 says 645...
    The Legacy number for Uncanny ending at #644 is correct as that counts the end of Bendis' run (#600) + Bunn's run (#1-19) + Dissassembled/Rosenberg (#1-22) and the Uncanny X-Men: War of the Realms mini (#1-3)

X-Men following Uncanny's legacy number and not the number for Adjectiveless is def odd though.

BANNED

Hickman’s run only followed UXM’s numbering for one issue because Hickman complained about it not making sense.

Incredible Member

We only need 6 books

Uncanny
    X-men
    X-factor
    X-Force
    Excalibur
    Gen X

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    We only need 6 books

Uncanny
    X-men
    X-factor
    X-Force
    Excalibur
    Gen X
    Gen X is New Mutants. We have it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well, we all know nothing good lasts forever. Especially for me. Almost everything I love(d) in every story I ever followed tends to get trashed in favor something else that I could've done without. It's clear I don't have mainstream taste that matches up with what's popular to be seen & celebrated.

Oh well. Maybe one day. lol
    Dude, are you me?? Lol! Seriously, nearly every little scrap I ever adore gets raked over hot coals—both in fandom and in narrative sometimes! It’s kinda fascinating though, like in a “so what exactly am I missing here?” Sense?

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    The Legacy number for Uncanny ending at #644 is correct as that counts the end of Bendis' run (#600) + Bunn's run (#1-19) + Dissassembled/Rosenberg (#1-22) and the Uncanny X-Men: War of the Realms mini (#1-3)

X-Men following Uncanny's legacy number and not the number for Adjectiveless is def odd though.
    I stand corrected. I didn’t think it actually made it that far. Still makes no sense for the new (adjectiveless) book to continue the Uncanny numbering.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post

Edit: I didn’t realize it started before Hickman... Rosenberg’s Uncanny 22 says 644 on it while Hickman’s X-Men 1 says 645...
    All these relaunches are just to increase sales as people tend to buy issue number 1 even if the story sucks.

Wish we could go back to Chris Claremont's days where there is only one X-Men title and would not be reset every time a new writer comes in which I find it to be totally lame.

I don't mind if they have different teams of X-Men having gold, red, blue, green or whatever as long as it's not distinguished by some adjective like Astonishing, Amazing, Legacy or Uncanny which is essentially the same meaning.

In real life, different teams of the same organization are assigned by different colors.
    Last edited by ericng; 01-31-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

It's just a name/adjective, not important. Rosenburg's Uncanny was hated, not every title called Uncanny is good necessarily. People are mistaking what made the original Uncanny great (one author working their vision on it over many years) for the name itself.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I thought Uncanny was going to stay after Age of X-men.Then Hickman did House of X and powers of X and then the new X-men books.So why did Marvel stop Uncanny and put it in X-men
    Here. I fixed it for you.
    Unknown.jpg