Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaPower View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they give him away not to Rachel, but to one of her askani followers who just happened to be a redhead? I forgot her name.
    You may be right. I've seen conflicting online entries, one saying they gave him to Mother Askani and another saying it was a Sister Askani who then delivered him to Mother/Rachel. Now that I think about it the latter sounds correct.

Edit: Yup, it was a Sister who then gave him to Mother in the future.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

boooooooooo. Bring adult Cable back. Who is this book supposed to appeal to?

Kind of late, but thank you all for your answers. You all shed some light for me upon Jean and Cable's relationship.

BANNED

Pitting the new blood against Wolverine. Classic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I have faith in Duggan.
    "Cable was right!"

Can’t really think of anything that even Duggan can do to make me remotely like WiFi. His intro checked so many issues that it was practically a write off right away. His first action of existence was killing the version of Cable people liked, was a total hypocrite about messing with time, messing with it for his own benefit, replaced Cable with literally an entire book having been dedicated to shouting to the audience that he’s Cable so it’s fine that he killed the one people like, is sticking around despite being a younger version of Cable and thus posing similar risks to time as the O5 which further adds to the hypocrisy and Marvel just keeps seeming to push him for whatever reason thus forestalling the return of the real Cable. There’s just too many negatives for this character for me. I wonder if this is what Lobo fans felt when it came to New 52 Lobo.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 02-17-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Am I the only one bothered by the fact that no one has a problem with this kid even though he killed the older version of himself the majority of the X-Men have known for years?
    I cant stand him, his mere presence is a mistake in context of his actions.

What a waste of space, there are many more characters that deserve this screen time.

Astonishing Member

I honestly find the illogical hatred towards Cable because he isn't this roided up Grandpa version is really hilarious.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    You may be right. I've seen conflicting online entries, one saying they gave him to Mother Askani and another saying it was a Sister Askani who then delivered him to Mother/Rachel. Now that I think about it the latter sounds correct.

Edit: Yup, it was a Sister who then gave him to Mother in the future.
    Weird. I thought the Mother Askani being Rachel reveal was after the X-Factor issue where Nate went to the future.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I honestly find the illogical hatred towards Cable because he isn't this roided up Grandpa version is really hilarious.
    Is more for what he did to old cable and nobody cares, that him not being old cable.

On the other hand i dislike teenage versions of old characters if the stick around, i was never a fan of the O5 staying for so long at the same time as its counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Sure if you flat out ignore the numerous reasons given the dislike.

Fantastic Member

Nah no thank you. Fantomex Cable along with a few others should juat disappear never to be heard from again

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Can’t really think of anything that even Duggan can do to make me remotely like WiFi. His intro checked so many issues that it was practically a write off right away. His first action of existence was killing the version of Cable people liked, was a total hypocrite about messing with time, messing with it for his own benefit, replaced Cable with literally an entire book having been dedicated to shouting to the audience that he’s Cable so it’s fine that he killed the one people like, is sticking around despite being a younger version of Cable and thus posing similar risks to time as the O5 which further adds to the hypocrisy and Marvel just keeps seeming to push him for whatever reason thus forestalling the return of the real Cable. There’s just too many negatives for this character for me. I wonder if this is what Lobo fans felt when it came to New 52 Lobo.
    All valid points, especially the segment in bold.

I wonder if Marvel's problem was that Cable was too old to market. Would a better solution be, instead of replacing Cable with WiFi, to somehow de-age Cable the way Magneto seems to remain perpetually young?
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    All valid points, especially the segment in bold.

I wonder if Marvel's problem was that Cable was too old to market. Would a better solution be, instead of replacing Cable with WiFi, to somehow de-age Cable the way Magneto seems to remain perpetually young?
    Not even like something like that couldn’t be done especially with the resurrection protocols of Krakoa. Hell, it wouldn’t even be the first time that Marvel de-aged Cable.

Fantastic Member

i love duggan but this book has massive failure written all over it. Has there been x character more disliked in history than kid cable marvel should have realized as soon as he was introduced in extermination on a what a loser character he was. Two things he might have been more accepted if we just didnt go through the long dragged out nonsense of the o5 and also if we didnt have a bunch of great stories already with young cable be it early issues of x-man and the two askani son series.

But i think the main issue were having is the reason kid cable continues is a giant fu--you to liefeld. Im actually a lielfed guy but if you follow his twitter his venom towards to the recent hickman x-takeover is huge and u can see he how much he hates jordan white. From what ive heard whether u liked or hated major x it made marvel quite a bit of money and was a sales sucess and a sequel possible even mutiple books were greenlit only to be spiked by hickman and white after the huge sucess of hoxpox. Also there are some other issues with the paying royalties based on versions of characters hence to th new inverted domino las week this happened many years ago remeber solider x and such. Hopefully things get worked out and we can the REAL CABLE back very soon