Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i love duggan but this book has massive failure written all over it. Has there been x character more disliked in history than kid cable marvel should have realized as soon as he was introduced in extermination on a what a loser character he was. Two things he might have been more accepted if we just didnt go through the long dragged out nonsense of the o5 and also if we didnt have a bunch of great stories already with young cable be it early issues of x-man and the two askani son series.

But i think the main issue were having is the reason kid cable continues is a giant fu--you to liefeld. Im actually a lielfed guy but if you follow his twitter his venom towards to the recent hickman x-takeover is huge and u can see he how much he hates jordan white. From what ive heard whether u liked or hated major x it made marvel quite a bit of money and was a sales sucess and a sequel possible even mutiple books were greenlit only to be spiked by hickman and white after the huge sucess of hoxpox. Also there are some other issues with the paying royalties based on versions of characters hence to th new inverted domino las week this happened many years ago remeber solider x and such. Hopefully things get worked out and we can the REAL CABLE back very soon
    oh wow ur rite...
    best book ever I hope he stays forever, pls spite liefield forever and ever, that man has done the same and worse towards others and he deserves getting blacklisted from the x-office for his immense lack of basic class
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-18-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bishop66 View Post
    i love duggan but this book has massive failure written all over it. Has there been x character more disliked in history than kid cable marvel should have realized as soon as he was introduced in extermination on a what a loser character he was. Two things he might have been more accepted if we just didnt go through the long dragged out nonsense of the o5 and also if we didnt have a bunch of great stories already with young cable be it early issues of x-man and the two askani son series.

But i think the main issue were having is the reason kid cable continues is a giant fu--you to liefeld. Im actually a lielfed guy but if you follow his twitter his venom towards to the recent hickman x-takeover is huge and u can see he how much he hates jordan white. From what ive heard whether u liked or hated major x it made marvel quite a bit of money and was a sales sucess and a sequel possible even mutiple books were greenlit only to be spiked by hickman and white after the huge sucess of hoxpox. Also there are some other issues with the paying royalties based on versions of characters hence to th new inverted domino las week this happened many years ago remeber solider x and such. Hopefully things get worked out and we can the REAL CABLE back very soon
    They do seem hellbent on always trying to alter the character of Cable to somehow get out of royalties paid to Liefeld, but in this case (versus Soldier X) I’m not sure how just de-aging the guy and making him a skinny kid would allow them to do that. So perhaps more of a FU to Liefeld than an attempt to get out of paying royalties.

Regardless, IMO the best Cable stuff came long after Rob was gone. I really, really enjoyed the whole Ladronn/Casey run which basically made him kind of a Jedi-like character, with the Psimitar and all the Askani religion stuff. That was fun and made him more unique than just generic “cyborg soldier.” If they ever do bring the OG version back, through the Resurrection Protocols most likely (once Kid Cable goes back to the future to live out his destiny), it would effectively give Nathan a new lease on life free from the shackles of any sort of pre-ordained future. He would now be basically free, no longer trying to avert an apocalyptic future and instead trying to build a new one with the rest of the mutants on Krakoa.

Personally this could be a really fun direction, and I think Cable should become kind of a free agent who does not live on Krakoa but instead lives very much in the human world amongst the flatscans. He could run X-Corps or something, the mutant outreach (search and rescue) outfit. Based out of somewhere like Singapore, Sydney or Toronto. Possibly Amsterdam or Brussels. Make him very much the international freedom fighter, but with a more corporate bent where he has a PR department trying to ensure that his actions are viewed sympathetically by the human world. Stuff like that. The opposite of X-Force, I suppose. If they’re the mutant CIA, then Nathan runs the highly visible mutant Red Cross. Something like that could be cool IMO.

Oh, and bring back the psimitar. Or have him use this new sword that Kid Cable is sporting. It looks ridiculous when wielded by the Kid version, as he’s so skinny and weak, but would probably look badass being wielded by OG Cable. And it seems to be glowing like it’s psionically powered, similar to the psimitar.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Weird. I thought the Mother Askani being Rachel reveal was after the X-Factor issue where Nate went to the future.
    It was. Baby Nathan Christopher is sent to the future with Askani, a sister who sacrificed her life to bring the savior to the future, in X-Factor. Then in 1994 Jean and Scott get married. In the Excalibur issue after the wedding, Excalibur 75, Rachel is shunted out of the comics and into the timestream saying she is called "Phoenix for the last time". A month later "The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" came out and the surprise in the issue is that Rachel was shunted over 2,000 years into the future and becomes Mother Askani. That she sent the sister to save baby Nathan, and she is the one who has pulled her minds into the future to raise him. She falls into a coma (as she's over a 100 at this point) but mentally tutors Nate over the next 12 years until her death in issue 4, where she asks Jean to assume the Phoenix name again. In 1999 a mini series was devoted to explain how Rachel became Mother Askani (X-Men: Phoenix) and how she lost the PF.

This is why Wi-Fi is so close with Jean and Scott, and has such a strong affinity for Rachel even though he's only a teen.

BANNED

Is it really that big of a deal that Cable is now skinny? I mean is it that serious? Theres plenty of beefcake in comics for you girls to thirst over let the kid live. Isnt Hercules in tomorrow GotG? Go buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Is it really that big of a deal that Cable is now skinny? I mean is it that serious? Theres plenty of beefcake in comics for you girls to thirst over let the kid live. Isnt Hercules in tomorrow GotG? Go buy that.
    People loved their Daddy Cable. I don't think people are as interested in Twunk Cable, so they'll need to fixate elsewhere.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    People loved their Daddy Cable. I don't think people are as interested in Twunk Cable, so they'll need to fixate elsewhere.
    I get the value of one character's sex appeal but lbr if you only stanned bc he fit some box (oop) on ur list of physical traits a man must have to be attractive were u ever really a fan?

BANNED

I miss Cable/Hope interactions.

I get the value of one character's sex appeal but lbr if you only stanned bc he fit some box (oop) on ur list of physical traits a man must have to be attractive were u ever really a fan?
    Of course not. But this is CBR, rationality and fanship don't always go hand in hand.

lol no way in hell is Marvel keeping twunk cable for more than the next 3-5 years tops. a cable-led teen book is something fun n fresh so we might as well enjoy it while we can, if that's not you're thing though that's fine. your grizzled daddy is gonna be back soon enough

um...chile anyways so-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    I miss Cable/Hope interactions.
    I miss Hope flirting with Nate Grey. And also Cable/Hope interactions hopefully Duggan remembers her.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Of course not. But this is CBR, rationality and fanship don't always go hand in hand.
    Or never.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    lol no way in hell is Marvel keeping trunk cable for more than the next 3-5 years tops. a cable-led teen book is something fun n fresh so we might as well enjoy it while we can, if that's not you're thing though that's fine. your grizzled daddy is gonna be back soon enough

um...chile anyways so-
    Exactly its not going to stick but in the meantime if it gives interesting stories lets enjoy the ride.

I like the character as he was. Not as he is now. That’s just the way it is. Personal preference. My dislike of him doesn’t stop him from “living,” as I very much doubt Marvel is going to change anything just because I share my dislike on a message board or skip his new book. So it’ll be okay. I promise.

The hot takes are funny tho. I’ll give ‘em that. “If you don’t like one of your favorite adult characters as a kid version, were you ever even a fan, bro?” LOL.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 02-18-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    oh wow ur rite...
    best book ever I hope he stays forever, pls spite liefield forever and ever, that man has done the same and worse towards others and he deserves getting blacklisted from the x-office for his immense lack of basic class
    No more books by Liefeld is a blessing

BANNED

What if Cable and Hope hooked up haha just kidding.....unless?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    As if she would give him a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Damn, man. Ha. I suppose not technically incest, but still kind of F’d up since he raises her later on. Because he’s the same guy and will do all of those things eventually, as they keep telling us.