Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    I love that Jean calls him "son", even though:
    - She didn't give him birth
    - She didn't raise him
    - She didn't expend much time with older Cable, apart from a few issues prior to Morrison's.
    ? Didn't she spent years raising cable with Scott? I mean hey lol that's commitments

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    She raised him for 12 years...
    Hmm guess I didn't read this comic. I thought they gave him away when he was a baby to some witch or something because of a technovirus.

Hmm guess I didn't read this comic. I thought they gave him away when he was a baby to some witch or something because of a technovirus.
    They did, towards the end of their original run in X-Factor. Right after their wedding, Scott and Jean were spirited into the future(astrally) and raised Nathan for just over a decade, before coming back to their present bodies. So Scott and Jean are at least a decade older than they seem, having spent that time together raising Nathan in the deep future.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

I mean no disrespect, but I chuckled hard at this. Poor, poor Rachel... xD
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

I just wanna know this new "version" of Silver Samurai.

It was a mini. And it was the first time Jean was called Phoenix again, even if she didn't have Phoenix powers or suit...

61bUEWR2wXL.jpg

What a lame cameo for Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    What a lame cameo for Wolverine.
    Yeah... Using Wolverine to make kid Cable shine... I thought it was lame, but didn't want to be the one to tell. So thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Yeah... Using Wolverine to make kid Cable shine... I thought it was lame, but didn't want to be the one to tell. So thank you.
    The truth must be told

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    I was like "omg they called Mother Askani a witch". LOL!

Alex., because Scott and Jean raised Nathan from when he was little, he feels very close to them as their time together is still fresh for him. It's making the bonding a lot easier.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Phenom2893 View Post
    I just wanna know this new "version" of Silver Samurai.
    So that's a new Silver Samurai? I don't think the son of the original SS is a mutant and when it comes to the original version, it could be difficult to bring him back after what the Devil did to his soul while he was in Hell lol.

To be honest it's just a preview, Duggan always did a good job with Wolverine in the past and always treated the character with respect so I'm sure there is more than meets the eye here. It's strange that Wolverine is wearing his old brown & tan costume and not the updated one though.

Jean did care for Cable as a baby in X-factor before he was infected and sent into the future. Scott and Jean raised Cable in the future in the Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix mini. I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it. It was a decent story and cemented Scott and Jean as Cable's parents (I know Scott is his bio dad but up to that point they had been separated some when Scott joined X-factor).

Jean and Scott did have some moments with Cable and eventually he learned that they were Slim and Red Dayspring. Cable also had at least one moment with Maddie during the 12 storyline (I'm not sure if there were more).
    I'm not overly thrilled with Scott and Jean having a teenage son because it ages them so much. But now that death and resurrection is a thing their age doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they give him away not to Rachel, but to one of her askani followers who just happened to be a redhead? I forgot her name.
    Last edited by OmegaPower; 02-01-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've said it before...even-though I'm not crazy about the style, Noto would have been a much better option to alternate with Rod Reis on New Mutants than Flaviano.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

100% agree. Horrible. Just like Kid Cable himself.