Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Thanos' brother eternal Starfox...could he show up in Eternals?

After all, even though in the comics he is from space...

...he too is an Eternal

...and Sersi and he always get along well!

I think Starfox was rumored to be in the movie years ago, before there was even serious consideration of a movie deal.

But I have not heard anything since and not anything recently.

I would prefer Starfox to appear in the next GoTG instead, because I want this Eternals movie to be of a serious nature. I think Eros would fit better in the GoTG films.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I would prefer Starfox to appear in the next GoTG instead,
    To me, the reason to have Thanos' brother show up in the MCU is the Sanctuary II https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/23/thano...hole-10793861/
    ..and how will the MCU Nebula react to the MCU Starfox were they to cross paths?
    because I want this Eternals movie to be of a serious nature.
    The comicbook character Starfox has a serious side...

Yep, I get it.

But Starfox always seemed to have a comical element to him, and I would not want that to detract from the (Eternals) movie

BANNED

The member of the Eternal race, Sprite, is to me a character with a comical element..

..yet, will be in the movie.

Therefor, I find that an appearance of the character Starfox does not detract the serious nature of the movie.

Uh, okay, but I have not heard any mention of Starfox being in it. But, he could be....we will just have to wait....

Starfox right now is among the most problematic to exist. Specially if you are talking about a hero. The actual political and social climate doesn't accept Starfox, unless there would be a total rewrite of the character. But then, it would not be Starfox anymore.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

The actual political and social climate doesn't accept the comicbook character Starfox

a hero with brains

and a team-player to boot!

Though I'd love to see the MCU Starfox take on the MCU Annihilus.

They're probably not gonna have the Avenger with date rape powers in the movie, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    They're probably not gonna have the Avenger with date rape powers in the movie, no.
    Do you think that'll stop Jessica Drew from popping up?

Astonishing Member

I wish people would stop call them "date rape" powers. Sure, the power has the potential to be misused--but that's not who the character is. That's like assuming that characters like Vision and Ant-Man are all spying on naked women changing or in the shower (or that Invisible Woman, Kitty Pryde, etc, are doing the same thing to naked men), because their powers have the potential for it. Or that Charles Xavier, Jean Grey, Rachel, Betsy, Dr. Druid, etc, are all mind controlling all of their lovers into bed. Starfox is a hero. He's an Avenger. Why on Earth do people automatically assume that he must be a sleazeball rapist just because his powers can be used that way? To me, that says more about the person making those comments than it does about the character.

Eros doesn't need to use his powers to seduce people. He's got his looks and natural charm (and, by now, his reputation). Tony Stark, Johnny Storm and various other characters are the same way -- if Eros' powers were transferred to them, would everyone automatically start assuming they were abusing it too? We've had a couple of different comics now where its been established that Eros does not and would not use his powers that way. That on the occasion where his powers were used that way was the result of brain damage from a Thanos clone tampering with his mind, which affected both his personality and his ability to control his powers. When Eros found out what happened, he was horrified at the notion, and agreed to surgery that was supposed to remove his powers to prevent the possibility of such a thing happening again. He's not a rapist.

I think using him in the MCU might actually be a GOOD thing -- if they can show Eros as a playboy type character (as Tony Stark was in the first IRON MAN movie; Star-Lord in the first GOTG,; the Chris Evans Human Torch, etc) without any implication of him misusing his powers maybe that would rub off on people's perception of 616 Starfox and get people to stop the inaccurate accusations and insinuations.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think that'll stop Jessica Drew from popping up?
    Right now it looks like legal red tape is a much bigger concern for Jess.

I could see Thanos getting a mention in Eternals. Having them acknowledge he was one of them could be interesting. Even if you don't use Starfox you could always use Thanos's father Mentor.

The YouTuber "Just write" described Thanos as wanting to be everyone's dad so exploring Thanos's family could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I could see Thanos getting a mention in Eternals. Having them acknowledge he was one of them could be interesting. Even if you don't use Starfox you could always use Thanos's father Mentor.

The YouTuber "Just write" described Thanos as wanting to be everyone's dad so exploring Thanos's family could be interesting.
    Yes, this does sound interesting!

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

There were rumours about Luke Evans playing him, but idk, i don't see anyone talking about that anymore.