Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Where’s all the Black Label talk?

Friggin’ Last God, Dollhouse, Basketful, so much good stuff coming out of this label! Nobody talking about it?
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Incredible Member

Is last god good?

I have it on my.pull list but havent read any yet

Well, I made a thread to try and keep all Black Label news and updates in one handy place, but no one seems to be using it.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Well, I made a thread to try and keep all Black Label news and updates in one handy place, but no one seems to be using it.
    Keep it up (if you want to!) - its useful to have all the info in one place - and for sorting out a pull list. Maybe once they start adding more non batman books to the i.print more people might jump in to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Keep it up (if you want to!) - its useful to have all the info in one place - and for sorting out a pull list. Maybe once they start adding more non batman books to the i.print more people might jump in to the thread.
    I've been trying to keep it up - although I didn't post about the Black Label Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey book. If anyone has more news or titles to add please feel free to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Friggin’ Last God, Dollhouse, Basketful, so much good stuff coming out of this label! Nobody talking about it?
    Don't read 'em.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Basketful and Dollhouse have been really good. I haven’t heard or seen of Last God though.

Double post
    Last edited by Riv86672; 01-05-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Is last god good?

I have it on my.pull list but havent read any yet

I like it! It’s not easy to read serially because following the plot requires attention to detail. So I did some re-reading. I prefered reading three issues in one sitting. There’s also a map, additional lore text and that sort of thing. It’s gonna make a hell of a trade.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I haven’t heard or seen of Last God though.
    seems to have lacked promotional push.

Last God is definitively excellent, but it really requires a more hardback format, I think, because the world is really dense and month from month, it's kind of hard to retain all the details of who did what, and when.

seems to have lacked promotional push.
    It completely flew under my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Last God is definitively excellent, but it really requires a more hardback format, I think, because the world is really dense and month from month, it's kind of hard to retain all the details of who did what, and when.
    Having read up on it now, i may wait till all is said and done w. this one and read it at one time.
    Basketful and Dollhouse are more suited to month to month reading imo.

But, now I know I have a book to keep an eye on, so thanks guys!

Incredible Member

I like it! It’s not easy to read serially because following the plot requires attention to detail. So I did some re-reading. I prefered reading three issues in one sitting. There’s also a map, additional lore text and that sort of thing. It’s gonna make a hell of a trade.
    So just let the issues build up then.

Thats a shame as i would have enjoyed a month to month chat about it but im so behind in books anyway that i doubt i will get to it for many months.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Unfortunately, nothing from this label has peaked my interest enough to talk about it. I don't wish the label or the books any ill but so far it's all been "meh" to me.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I feel like Black Label should've been graphic novels instead of releasing in issues. Harleen was really good but was better in one sitting.