Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Marvel Unlimited - what's happening on Wednesday 5 February?

February 5th, next Wednesday, something's happening on Marvel Unlimited.
    https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/...49223539400707
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It's going to stop working on my old tablet. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    It's going to stop working on my old tablet. That's it.
    Lol, probably. I haven't replaced my tablet since the Nixon administration so nothing works on the damn thing.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Well, you're obviously exaggerating, they didn't exist back then! GW Bush, maybe.

I posted the same topic on Reddit, and someone suggested it could end up bundled with Disney+. That would actually be a good idea, I think, it would get more people to try it out.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I posted the same topic on Reddit, and someone suggested it could end up bundled with Disney+. That would actually be a good idea, I think, it would get more people to try it out.
    I could see that happening. Didn't DC did something similar by adding comics to their DC stream service? A think Disney+ offers an even bigger potential, since it appeals to an audience wider than just Marvel fans. It could be a good way to introduce new people to Marvel Comics.

Making new comics arrive faster on MU would also be a welcome addition. The 6-month wait is a bitch.

Maybe new, exclusive digital comics to MU, kinda like they were trying to do with the Marvel Digital Originals label?

Consider yourself lucky - it's a 12 month wait on DC Universe.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

So, now I have to figure out if I should get Unlimited before or after this announcement? Hmmmm.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

What ever it is I hope current subscribers can get it. Maybe all new comics free for that day would be crazy but we can always dream.

Consider the constant tsunamis of content, I think 6 months is beyond fair.

I'd pay for a 2 page view option.

They started a Twitter account for that one tweet, so it must be something special.....

Maybe original content?
    Maybe a new subscription system for new releases? I already love the service, but there are so many new things they can do with it to make it even better.

I don't think it's getting added to Disney+, thought. They wouldn't create a new account just to annouce their app is dying.

Dying? There's no duplication, unlike DC Universe vs HBO Max. They'd compliment each other.

Also, they technically didn't create a new account. It was registered in 2013. What they did was start using a dormant one.

Disney + just announced they have over 25 million subscribers, so it doesn't seem like they have dangle extra incentives.....

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I could see that happening. Didn't DC did something similar by adding comics to their DC stream service? A think Disney+ offers an even bigger potential, since it appeals to an audience wider than just Marvel fans. It could be a good way to introduce new people to Marvel Comics.

Making new comics arrive faster on MU would also be a welcome addition. The 6-month wait is a bitch.

Maybe new, exclusive digital comics to MU, kinda like they were trying to do with the Marvel Digital Originals label?
    Oh, something I forgot to add: making MU more accessible to an international market could also be a good idea. Properly translated comics can take way too long to arrive in print form in some countries, so having an official way for fans abroad to have an earlier digital access to those comics, available in multiple different languages, could be a game changer. The publisher really needs to start thinking outside of their american box.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Consider the constant tsunamis of content, I think 6 months is beyond fair.
    I think it's silly to wait that long in a world where the entertainment industry is changing and direct-to-consumer platforms such as Netflix and Disney+ are being considered the future. Marvel Unlimited is essentially a Netflix/Disney+ for comic books... and they should have to catch up with the times eventually. I feel like the only reason why the half year wait exists it's because if Marvel Unlimited offered a quicker access to new comics, that would essentially threaten the current status quo of how comics are distributed, meaning Diamond and the direct market system. The same outdated system that makes books like Future Foundation and Loki get cancelled before they even drop on a platform like MU, since pre-orders of physical single issues decided those books don't have an audience beyond 5 issues... the less we depend on models like that and the easier it is for people to have digital access to comics, the better, if you ask me.