Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Fast and the Furious 9 trailer (SPOILERS)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8csc1BYUpUg

Looks like Mia is back (But will Brian be mentioned?) but also turns out they have another sibling, the John Cena character, now working for Cipher.

Also, like Letty, who "died" in 4 but was shown to be alive in 5 and brought back to the gang in 6, looks like Han somehow survived. The character was originally introduced in Tokyo Drift, but showed up in 4-6 which took place earlier, where he developed a love interest with Giselle (Gal Gadot) who was killed in 6. His death was partially retconned as being somehow caused by Jason Stratham's Shaw in 6 & 7, but now he appears to have survived. Either that or it's his twin brother.

Also if Han survived a car crash and explosion, why not Giselle? Given how big Gal is now...(we never did see her hit the ground in 6 if I recall).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 01-31-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post

Given how big Gal is now...
    You just answered your question.

And no all we did was see her vanish into smoke IIRC

But Han being back..hmmm....seems like they are just trying to shut people up like myself who have been constantly bitching that Shaw killed Han but everyone liked him cuz of the baby saving.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8csc1BYUpUg

Looks like Mia is back (But will Brian be mentioned?) but also turns out they have another sibling, the John Cena character, now working for Cipher.

Also, like Letty, who "died" in 4 but was shown to be alive in 5 and brought back to the gang in 6, looks like Han somehow survived. The character was originally introduced in Tokyo Drift, but showed up in 4-6 which took place earlier, where he developed a love interest with Giselle (Gal Gadot) who was killed in 6. His death was partially retconned as being somehow caused by Jason Stratham's Shaw in 6 & 7, but now he appears to have survived. Either that or it's his twin brother.
    His twin Stan? lol

Naw didnt Shaw even say you dont know the whole story or someshit like that In the last film? The explanation is gonna be shaw faked Hans death and somehow knee Cypher was manipulating him
    Or who knows I rarely watch these more then once so I could ba making stuff up in my head

I thought Dom and Mia were Hispanic. I know despite people thinking hes Black Vin is actually a white dude and his black dad is actually his step father or something. But I didnt think in the movie he and mia were white

As far as Brian hes taking care of the kid and keeping them safe because this is personal for Mia and they cant both be in danger I'm guessing.

I bet you Gal gadot comes back at some point in the future and then Idris Elba is also gonna become a good guy in this world. Blame the cybernetic parts for all the evil crap he did.

Also why is Mama Shaw in this if none the kids are?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 01-31-2020 at 05:38 PM.

It's crazy to think how they're almost tied with Friday the 13th.

Ultimate Member

For its usual over the top action, looks good. Might see it

So the Rock is replaced with another WWE star John Cena.

F9? Really? We're not gonna workshop that name, that's, that's it? oooookay...

Han's back? Makes sense. I figured as soon as they got out of prequel territory that Elena would be the only death to stick.

Han either survived, or...some sort of cloning is going on. Sci-fi, I know, but we're firmly in sci-fi territory now thanks to Hobbs and Shaw. Plus with the writers being open to anything, including going to space, who knows.

So some are mistaking the Han's alive hashtag as Han Solo LOL.

The summary released for the film also hints at more than one Resurrection. Might be Giselle, but also I suppose maybe Vince somehow? It's confirmed that some of the Tokyo Drift characters are also coming back, although I'm pretty sure they never died.

Lucas Black's wiki says he's in F9 so there's that.

More resurrections? Maybe Fenix survived!

the continuity is so all over the place. Retcons after retcons. But hey, it's comics! (yes, I know what I said)..

Well, I wonder what Cena's connection is with Dom. half-brother? step-brother, foster brother? Who knows.

Is Mr Nobody part of this? What about Scott Eastwood?

Cena, at minimum, brings a prominent white male into the franchise (again) after the vacancy from Paul Walker (RIP)..

Now that the team is GI Joe-lite and not just a bunch of hot-rodders, I wonder what the exact threat will be this time around? Based on the Shaw/Hobbs adventure, If they're having nanite-cyborg enhanced people show up to create mayhem and assassinations and whatever, sheesh, this is outright sci-fi territory now.

You can also see Lucas Black briefly in the trailer as well.

I'm guessing the whole thing about Dom's past might be referring to his thieving days which started the whole thing in the first place. Perhaps his brother did something similar but didn't break with the lifestyle like Dom eventually did.

There's also the Keanu rumors, that he was the mysterious mastermind behind Elba's character in Hobbs & Shaw and maybe Cipher as well.

Althouh at this point I wouldn't be too surprised if it was revealed that Jesse was the true mastermind all along.... (/S....I hope.)

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

I thought Dom and Mia were Hispanic.
    Jake could be a half-sibling.

Also why is Mama Shaw in this if none the kids are?
    Maybe she'll be the one who will explain how Han came back.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Jake could be a half-sibling.

Maybe she'll be the one who will explain how Han came back.
    Yea still think its gonna be some dumb sounding plan that Shaw knew Cypher manipulated him and his brother. No way he will make actual sense since he teamed up with a terrorist after that and actively tried to kill everyone else.

If another characters coming back it should be Tran from the first movie. Either that or Laz Alonzo character who we thought killed Letti. Though I have no idea how your survive what Dom did to him. But then we saw Han get blown up. Other then that Gizelle. Those are the only recognizable actors for me that have died in these movies. Did DK die? No right he just cried like a bitch after a whote guy showed him up at his own thing.

Yea Doms dad being a white italian dude and mom Hispanic would make sense. And Cena has a viking for a mother apparently.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-01-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

LOL. Cena is a weird fit for Dom's brother. That Kurt Angle line comes to mind "He's whiter than me but he thinks he's black."lol. But I guess this sets up Rock vs Cena for FF10.