Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I hadn't heard that before but it would be interesting. That man stays busy.
    Yea he was in talks to for Hobs and shaw but they ended up not showing the guys behind everything. Then the rumors were he was gonna be in Fast 9. So either it never panned out or hes gonna be revealed as a stinger or part of the epilogue of F9 I'm guessing. But yea maybe he dropped out all together.

There's a distorted mysterious voice that was behind Hobbs & Shaw's villain. It should be noted that it's actually Ryan Reynold's voice, but I think it was just him just doing a dual role, and not that his character is behind everything.

It's kind of like with the early Bond films. In From Russia With Love and Thunderball, they asked Anthony Dawson, who played one of the henchmen in Dr. No (Professor Dent), to be Blofeld (although he was voiced by another actor), although we only see his hands and part of his head obscured, but it wasn't meant to be Dent ressurected, the actor was just handy. However, when it came time to reveal the villain in the full they went with Donald Pleasence (Well, and then a bunch of other people....)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

I assumed the Keanu rumor was also fueled by how H&S's villain is supposed to share a past with Rock's character, so it would make sense for the studio to try to get the biggest action face they could for the eventual reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I assumed the Keanu rumor was also fueled by how H&S's villain is supposed to share a past with Rock's character, so it would make sense for the studio to try to get the biggest action face they could for the eventual reveal.
    Yea and I assume that whoever that is also is gonna be behind Cipher. Connecting the two franchisee back together. Also after Keanu didnt do Hobbs and Shaw there were reports he was in talks for F9. That mysterious figure is the only character I can see him playing that would be in both. Unless he was in talks for two different characters within that franchise.

https://www.cbr.com/fast-and-furious...end-franchise/

So looks like the main franchise will end with 9 and 10. I guess that's old news.
    I wonder will Dominic Toretto die in the final movie?

I still want to know how Han came back.

so many questions raised.

More motorcycle chase sequences should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/fast-and-furious...end-franchise/

So looks like the main franchise will end with 9 and 10. I guess that's old news.
    It'll end with 11. Your article says Diesel's idea to split part 10 into two movies is now a reality, and they're trying to get Lin to direct both of them now.

Maybe it would help of Fast & Furious 11 was in the article's title, like here?

I liked the idea of more spinoff movies (ex: Hobbs & Shaw 2), but looks like they only thing they've planned out is F&F part 9 (already in the can) 10, and now 11.

I still want to know how Han came back.
    However they do it, I'm positive it'll strain credulity. But once they seemed dead set on making Deckard Shaw a hero (and I guess by extension his brother) I knew at least Han's death would eventually be undone. Don't be surprised if Giselle returns as well.

Extraordinary Member

I'm happy for all those that still enjoy these movies.

But I stopped watching after #7. It's just not the same without Brian/Paul Walker.

Nothing they can do about that, but that's just the way I feel.
    Last edited by caj; 10-21-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It'll end with 11. Your article says Diesel's idea to split part 10 into two movies is now a reality, and they're trying to get Lin to direct both of them now.

Maybe it would help of Fast & Furious 11 was in the article's title, like here?

I liked the idea of more spinoff movies (ex: Hobbs & Shaw 2), but looks like they only thing they've planned out is F&F part 9 (already in the can) 10, and now 11.

However they do it, I'm positive it'll strain credulity. But once they seemed dead set on making Deckard Shaw a hero (and I guess by extension his brother) I knew at least Han's death would eventually be undone. Don't be surprised if Giselle returns as well.
    If Giselle returns, then, as big as Gal Gadot is now, she would have to lead her own spinoff.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    I'm happy for all those that still enjoy these movies.

But I stopped watching after #7. It's just not the same without Brian/Paul Walker.

Nothing they can do about that, but that's just the way I feel.
    I agree with you. Brian/Paul was definitely the heart of these films.

I do like the Fast and Furious series and I will watch them all to the end (so I am down for Fast 10 &11) but the ending of Fast 7 with the send off for Paul Walker felt like the perfect ending point for the series. Though I did enjoy Fast 8 and Hobbs & Shaw.

It’s just not the same without Protagonist McWhite.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    It’s just not the same without Protagonist McWhite.
    He brought more life and color than VinBaldy. Just sayin'

Justin Lin Interview:

https://ew.com/movies/fast-9-trailer...lin-interview/

It would be great for a comics company to get the license to these-- especially Marvel. They could do flashback stories about the past of these characters, Dominic, Brian, etc.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Justin Lin Interview:

https://ew.com/movies/fast-9-trailer...lin-interview/

It would be great for a comics company to get the license to these-- especially Marvel. They could do flashback stories about the past of these characters, Dominic, Brian, etc.
    Nah. Their stunts in movies 'work' because they're crazy awesome.

In print, they'd just be stupid.

They already have a cartoon, although that's starring a completely different (and younger) cast.