Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    New Mutants has had may runs and incarnation from in the comics, their most famous run was The Chris Claremont and Bill Sienkiewicz stories, which were mostly Horror. Their second famous run was when Rob Liefeld introduced cable and made New Mutants X-Force.

From those two classic runs, New mutants cannot be introduced in the mcu because mcu can't make a horror movie and they can't make an xforce movie.

Also if the new mutants movie succeeds, Disney would not be making any new mutants movie.

they can only be reintroduced if Disney gives them a make over and turn them into something from Spiderman homecoming.

I have just made peace that the best place to get great new mutants adaption is from

FX Legion
    X-Men Evolution: Sins of the Fathers
    X-Men Evolution: Ghost of a Chance.

There is no point wishing for the impossible for a new mutants movie that will be done justice.
    What are you talking about? New Mutants isn’t a full-on horror comic, it’s just more fantastical with a scary edge. I don’t see why the it’s “impossible” for the MCU to do like you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    What I want the most is for less whitewashing.
    Well, perhaps Fox now called New century studios and Disney can afford not to white wash POC characters in their future movies. Disney whitewashed the The Ancient One’s in dr strange although some tend to have selective memories out of studio loyalty though all studios are guilty of whitewashing. little chance they will make the same mistake again with new mutants.
    But I'd love a Disney+ series. It would be cool to see a somewhat loyal addaptation of Claremont's run.
    It cannot be claremont's run. his run was gritty horror. Disney has said Disney + is going to be just as family friendly as their main movies.

It would also be awesome to see a longterm plan where some of the characters would get to join the main X-men team over time.
    Yes, that would be the closest thing to the comics unfortunately MCU main function is to connect all the marvels not build an xmen universe.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 02-01-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Well, perhaps Fox now called New century studios and Disney can afford not to white wash POC characters in their future movies. Disney whitewashed the The Ancient One’s in dr strange although some tend to have selective memories out of studio loyalty though all studios are guilty of whitewashing. little chance they will make the same mistake again with new mutants.

It cannot be claremont's run. his run was gritty horror. Disney has said Disney + is going to be just as family friendly as their main movies.

Yes, that would be the closest thing to the comics unfortunately MCU main function is to connect all the marvels not build an xmen universe.
    I think you're really exaggerating the "family friendly" nature of the MCU. There have been tons of darker moments, foul language, deaths and violence, and shocking moments within the MCU, the same brand you say couldn't do New Mutants. Really, New Mutants can easily be done as PG-13 just like the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    The Magik in this movie might go into Deadpool 3 apparently. I think you're jumping the gun and ASSUMING things. Let's find out this film does, parts of it including castings might BECOME MCU. I see no reason to make this thread while the movie is yet to even release, just ridiculous honestly.

BUT if I had my druthers I'd want Kitty and Doug in a hypothetical lineup (at least as side chars/cameos etc) , I'd want Magneto as their flawed headmaster, and I'd want Emma Frost-led Hellions as antagonists. And obviously they need to do better with the casting issues racially speaking. BUt again, let's NOT do this. Let's AT LEAST wait to speculate until AFTER the current film (which looks very good especially Magik and Rahne)
    I don't want to spoil your fun but I believe the current attention Magik is getting is from fans and comic well wishers, they are carrying that over to Deadpool 3 because of Colossus.Magik from new mutants cannot make it to the MCU. She is a far too gritty young star to be in the MCU, she will need to get Rey-ed from Star Wars sequel trilogy to survive in the MCU.

I think this thread is kind of repetitive, as this has been discussed already in the new mutants movie thread and another thread about xmen future. A better way to look at it is to ask if anyone can name one current MCU movie or show that makes you think of the new mutants classic comics that will be the go to to make movies. the answer is zero. none.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 02-01-2020 at 05:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Also, a black Roberto pls
    And a Black Dr. Reyes. Add Karma. Oh, and a Moonstar you can tell us Native.

I don't want to spoil your fun but I believe the current attention Magik is getting is from fans and comic well wishers, they are carrying that over to Deadpool 3 because of Colossus.Magik from new mutants cannot make it to the MCU. She is a far too gritty young star to be in the MCU, she will need to get Rey-ed from Star Wars sequel trilogy to survive in the MCU.

I think this thread is kind of repetitive, as this has been discussed already in the new mutants movie thread and another thread about xmen future. A better way to look at it is to ask if anyone can name one current MCU movie or show that makes you think of the new mutants classic comics that will be the go to to make movies. the answer is zero. none.
    Hey, are you just dodging my responses? Because you have failed to explain why you think New Mutants is "impossible" for the MCU to do after I explained why it's totally possible.

Animated feature film or series on Disney+ that also ties into the MCU
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Hey, are you just dodging my responses? Because you have failed to explain why you think New Mutants is "impossible" for the MCU to do after I explained why it's totally possible.
    I am not dodging your responses as I have already replied to you countless times on this topic. this is like the 10th time you have asked me this question.

I am not dodging your responses as I have already replied to you countless times on this topic. this is like the 10th time you have asked me this question.
    I just don't even know how you come to those conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    You know, just follow the comics.
    Seems like the most obvious and best route
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And a Black Dr. Reyes. Add Karma. Oh, and a Moonstar you can tell us Native.
    YAS!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Frost View Post
    Also, a black Roberto pls
    YAAAAAAAASS!!!
    GrindrStone(D)

What I will like to see from a MCU new mutants is probably a large divergence from the subject material I don't want to see them as young teens but more as young adults. Then you tell modified stories based on the comics. I think they have strong elements to tell great stories but I don't think the stories themselves were actually that good. I think concept of the Demon Bear was good, I don't think it was a great story. I think the concept of Magik and Limbo are good I don't think it was a great story, I think concept of Moonstar as Valkyrie is good but I don't think it was good story. I think retelling and adapting their stories will lead to better stories than the original because it was really close to being great imo and little rework will put them there.The cast I want to see is Moonstar, Karma, Cannonball, Rahne, Sunspot and Magik. Then introduce Cypher, Warlock and Magma kind as guest stars who are part of team but go off do their own thing.

I don't think there is a specific tone New Mutants needs to be Demon Bear and Limbo lend themselves to horror but Warlock and techonarch stuff is more sci fi, Moonstar and Asgard stuff is Fantasy, New Mutants vs Hellions is very ya stuff. They are ton of direction you can go with the stories. In thinking about a Stranger things (or Super 8) like tone is probably best thing for New Mutants movie or show they aren't horror but they dabble in dark territory. And just the fact that Stranger things popped into my head I think I more want to see New Mutants as a TV show. With the right story angle it could excel playing in that kinda dark adventure and sci fi genre with teens around.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-02-2020 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I just don't even know how you come to those conclusions.
    I have told you many times that MCU is limited with the type of stories they can tell , Disney has said so. Feige has said so. and for some weird reason you still always ask me what I am talking about.Here is your perfect direct answer taken from MCU itself,

https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...el/4429433002/

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...a-horror-movie

Is Marvel Afraid To Make Doctor Strange In the Multiverse Of Madness A Horror Movie?

A studio that can not make Dr strange a horror movie can not make any of the classic claremont's new mutants comics because they are also horror stories. its a mathematical logical conclusion. Please don't ask me this question again.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 02-02-2020 at 07:58 AM.

BANNED

make it a school series where they cross over into the movies for big events, basicaly what they were trying to do with mcu spider man but with a proper concept for adaptation and an actualy interesting and diverse cast, have emma frost and magneto as headmasters further on, tie in with the hellions for some troupy frenemiy teen rivalry, then they graduate.

the characthers are loved, immensly diverse, you can increase that by casting a poc actress for a revamped magma so her weird ass story can be redone witout the terrible undertones.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-02-2020 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    make it a school series where they cross over into the movies for big events, basicaly what they were trying to do with mcu spider man but with a proper concept for adaptation and an actualy interesting and diverse cast, have emma frost and magneto as headmasters further on, tie in with the hellions for some troupy frenemiy teen rivalry, then they graduate.

Yes, I think MCU Spiderman is the best example of how new mutants will be done, which from that will be very disappointing. if MCU was owned by WB, it would have been more like harry potter and hogwarts which is what Chris Claremoint the creator of new mutants wanted.

https://www.newsarama.com/47759-chri...than-ever.html

Am sorry but I have no interest watching a new mutants movie that will be competing with the Lizzie Maguire revival.

BANNED

Yes, I think MCU Spiderman is the best example of how new mutants will be done, which from that will be very disappointing. if MCU was owned by WB, it would have been more like harry potter and hogwarts which is what Chris Claremoint the creator of new mutants wanted.

https://www.newsarama.com/47759-chri...than-ever.html

Am sorry but I have no interest watching a new mutants movie that will be competing with the Lizzie Maguire revival.
    I know its wishfull thinking, but i have no horse in the race since I dont like the mcu, I was just answerin to your thread, you're the one playing yourself if you think x-men mcu will be anything but garbo