Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Contest of Champion didn't cross over with anything though
    It crossed over with avengers and west coast avengers annuals you had to read to finish the story.

What this wasn't is an event, because of the lack of tie-ins.
    Other then the thing comic that takes place on battleworld afterwords of course and questprobe issue 3 that also takes place on battleworld. The first secret wars keep things self contained to the most part.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It crossed over with avengers and west coast avengers annuals you had to read to finish the story.
    Not really. Those annuals happened MANY years later as basically a sequel of sorts.

I think what a lot of people don't see (or didn't see?) - was that Secret Wars did something else.

Secret Wars shed some light on the villains. Began giving some them depth. Molecule Man. Absorbing Man. Titania. Volcana. Right off the top of my head - these four characters really stuck out (granted, all four are connected - Absorbing Man/Titania and Molecule Man/Volcana) - but there were other moments where villains got chances to shine and have a little more depth than "show up in the pages of ____ and start a fight and lose."
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!