Quote Originally Posted by Big Joe View Post
This thread is great, and this is the first time I've read through it. I recently reread all of these comics partly because my favourite character in comics has always been Banshee. I was really happy to see him given exposure in the main X-Men book again, and also to see him on covers. That cover to 401 is, in my opinion, one of the best X-Men covers ever.

At the time it was published I have to admit to being surprised and disappointed with the way Banshee was written, I found it to be completely out of character, even though I realised he'd been depressed and through a fight with alcoholism. It just never felt natural that he'd ever go that way, certainly not without someone with him.

Since then, I have kind of wondered if there wasn't a redemption planned somehow that Casey never actually managed to be able to get around to. I'd love to know, because that's the last time the character really had any chance to be properly seen (even the Uncanny Avengers appearances don't cut it for me).
I agree on Banshee, he seems an oft-strangely ignored character, despite being a team member when the X-Men exploded in populairty under Claremont, Cockrum and Byrne. His backstory has loads of interesting possibilities too.

Quote Originally Posted by jawbreaker View Post
Just wanted to chime in and say, this was the run that got me into X-men(picked it up in back issues some time after I watched X-Men 2) and its where I first discovered/fell in love with Chamber. So this brings back special memories. So nice job Captain Buttocks and thank you Mr. Casey!

ps-I also really liked Stacey X and didnt get all the hate for her...
Hey jawbreaker! Thanks for the kind words!

Jono was my fave Gen-X character (no idea why, as a surly British teenager at the time I would relate to him!) so I was pleased to see him brought on board. I still love those Poptopia covers! I was pleased to see Chamber in the recent NEw MUtants title, but a little underwhelmed with how he was used. The Icons Chamber mini-series is another great showing for Jono (with Bachalo covers!) if you haven't picked it up?