Default Everyone seems pretty chill about aliens.

One thing I have noticed reading these old DC and Marvel comics is how chill people are about aliens coming to Earth. Aliens invade, appear on the streets, threaten. But everyone takes it in stride. I know if I saw being from another world I would most likely lose my mind. I wish I have the attitude that these people have.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's what I refer to as social unrealism. We have superhumans, aliens and demons and so on who lives in an otherwise normal world. If these things were real it would change the world. But instead we read about superheroes that lives in a society that act as if it was our own. Which is why I didn't like Civil War. Marvel felt it was a good idea to remove some of the social unrealism just so it could serve as a springboard to a larger story arc. That's what superhero publishers do today; every year or so they create huge events "that will change everything", and includes multiple crossovers. In the old days you could have your own favorite titles and find your own little corner of the DC or Marvel universe, which only now and then encountered characters from other titles.

Astonishing Member

If i saw a flying dog an alien wouldn't surprise me.

Aliens are too unrealistic. If i saw an Alien, I must be out of my mind.