Default 'Storm: Dawn Of A Goddess' Brand-New Young Adult Novel

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1714301858242519153

Marvel and Random House Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Random House Children’s Books, will publish an exciting take on the origin story of X-Men’s Storm in a brand-new young adult novel written by New York Times bestselling author Tiffany D. Jackson. Storm: Dawn Of A Goddess is a vivid imagining of Storm’s life as Ororo Munroe before she grew into the fierce super hero revered by millions across the globe.
    For the first time ever, you can see the cover to the exciting young adult novel, 'Storm: Dawn Of A Goddess' below:

Tiffany D. Jackson is the New York Times bestselling author of Grown, Monday’s Not Coming, Allegedly, White Smoke, The Weight of Blood, and more. A Coretta Scott King–John Steptoe New Talent Award winner and an NAACP Image Award-nominee, Jackson has over a decade of experience in TV and film. In her first foray into speculative fiction, Tiffany D. Jackson provides a breathtaking spin on the beloved icon, telling her story in an authentic, joyful, and powerful way.
    “It’s no secret that I grew up loving X-Men, specifically Storm, a Black woman Super Hero!” said Jackson. “So when this opportunity came about, I jumped, cried, and begged. Research for this book took me into the depths of the Marvel archives to the streets of Cairo, Egypt. Tackling Ororo’s journey, especially for my first fantasy novel, wasn’t easy but was so very worth it.”
    To kick off book, Jackson will be featured on the Women of Marvel Podcast on October 18, in an episode devoted to Storm.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Wow, this is great!

I hope the young (and older alike) purchase this book and that it does well!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

EXcellent news!

I wonder if Shadow King will be in it?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This is Pretty Cool.

This Also, feels like the Marvel is setting the stage for the MCU.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

BANNED

I'll get it.

BANNED

Edit: *got it

BANNED

An epic origin story novel, huh? So, that means no pictures right... I can't help but wonder if this book will match the current canon of the comics or if will it become the latest headcanon of appreciation shippers
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-17-2023 at 10:09 AM.

Definitely preordering this when I get home.
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Wait, a minute. Is this Novel even Cannon??
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Novels rarely are, same as any media adaptation from the comics really.

I loved reading X-Men novels when I was a kid. I really enjoyed that 3 part one by Christopher Golden: Mutant Empire. I hope this turns out well and add some interesting folds to that part of Ororo's life. I've always thought it had a lot of potential to explore. I hope this focuses more on her early goddess phase, though, as opposed to her Cairo days, which have been explored enough, I would think. A more fantasy aspect exploring African mysticism and whatever adventures she was up to living in her treehouse could be great!

ororogoddessinvocation.jpg

teenstorm.jpg

tumblr_p4x89quIYc1shdts2o1_1280.jpg
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    If it's not I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes so via the magic of seamless Retconism and time...

Speculative fiction is a kind of weather too.