Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

This is such a powerful image with the results of the Mutant Massacre and its warriors carrying over into New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Except mutants have a wider genetic diversity than LGBT do in our world, there's millions of mutants who look like Alex and there are millions who look like Beak. That's why I'm confused by this "mutant looking" description - in comics regular mutants look like this:

Since this is comic books most look like super-models and a tiny fraction don't (like Beast and Nightcrawler). Putting either of them up would be far riskier at creating backlash or apathy rather than get people sympathetic.

Whoever he picked wasn't going to please people but I agree - he shouldn't have picked the stereotypical boy scout looking male one. What about Rogue?
    Mutants might be more genetically diverse, but the way Marvel represents that diversity is still reflective of the IRL status quo. The cover you shared is a good example, and who is in power in Krakoa at the moment and who is listed as having the potential as an Omega mutant is not at all diverse. We still see that there are only a few people of colour (if you include blue) and still more men than women. I guess it's a bonus there are some token LGBTQ characters in these positions of influence and some that are not "passable" (or classically good-looking). Supremacy is an underlying theme for the X-Men and it seems like attitudes now are more sympathetic towards domination and oppression by mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    The intro to Rogue becoming an X-Man with Walt Simonson doing guest art duties.
    Yeah, Uncanny X-Men 171 was a powerful issue. The way violations and betrayals were addressed, with Illyana, Rogue and specifically Binary.

A memorable emotional moment was Rachel's return from almost a decade out of comics in Cable 86.

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.34.19 AM.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Subliminal; 06-19-2021 at 09:14 AM.

^ Yeah, and I was actually happy to see Cable with Jean on the Uncanny side of Revolutions. I admit Cable was slow going for me but that team and CC really made me think of him more outside of a 90's. Great moment.

Last edited by From The Shadows; 06-24-2021 at 01:27 AM.

D031F6EC-A74C-44FD-840F-E99E6BB4255D.jpg

When I saw this I said ohhh snap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I still remember reading this for the first time a gazillion years ago... so beautiful and touching.
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Storm planting a baby tree for Bishop that ended up being one of his last signs of hope in the future.

stormbishop.jpg
    stormbishop2.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

HyperStorm finding out he was already dead.

stormhyperstorm.jpg

Bishop heart of gold. This issue was amazing, the art, everything. And after all that lost he still found it in him to go for a walk with jubliee. Bishop is so damn underrated.
    bishopheart.jpg

Jean unleashed. This is the same annual where she basically blasts young rachel and cable saying she doesn't owe them anything. it was a mastermind issue but i remember when i read it the scene where she ripped lorna in half with her tk shocked me.
    jeanunleashed.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

When canonball was trying to save his sister and he got beat up and came back asking Storm/Bishop/Logan for help. They went and wrecked everything. Lol. Trask and them learned, not today, not ever.

cannonballhelp.jpg
    cannonballhelp01.jpg
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

With boost amplifying her control Storm creates a huge sand storm. I remember not liking the art in this annual but my heart was racing the whole issue.

sandstrom.jpg
    sandstrom1.jpg

Shard's light goes out and bishop's man tears. She did come back by issue end.
    shardbishop.jpg

that was a fun little walk down memory lane.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Spectacular Member

I was re-reading Second Coming and there are plenty of moments, especially regarding Kurt's sacrifice which were already posted here, but these two pages hit me as well:

Scott crumbles at Cable's funeral. Technically, it later turned out that he wasn't dead but what is so strong about it is that this is at a point of time when the majority of X-Men (though only some of them like Beast had voiced it out loud) think that Scott is a heartless bastard (even more so than he used to be in the past):

Screenshot_20210908_133326_com.ludashi.dualspace_resized_20210908_014404473.jpg

And then a few pages later, the smile on his face as he realizes that it all (nit just Kurt's and Nathan's death, but also sacrificing his ideals in sanctioning X-Force) wasn't for naught and there is hope once again and he might see himself become a hero on the other end again. Although it all turned out differently, it's still a sweet moment.

Screenshot_20210908_133655_com.ludashi.dualspace_resized_20210908_014404572.jpg