Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Classic X-Men #3
    Thanks.

A lot of important x-things are influential due to this moment.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-14-2020 at 08:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Oh thatÂ’s a good one.

I kind of don't like Logan in this, though. He's just cold here. I wanted to post the panels where James attempts to kill Xavier from Uncanny X-Men 198 - another powerful moment and a great follow-up from this scene here. John Romita Jr. did it expertly.

That reminds me. When did James go from this to the hulking monstrosity he was in New Mutants/X-Force? Was that a Rob Liefeld thing?

Reading Claremont for the first time myself and its had some serious moments. Dark Phoenix Saga was gut wrenching at the end. As someone already wrote, when Jean and Beast come back from the Savage Land thinking the rest of the team is dead, and the rest of the team think Jean and Hank are dead. The Proteus saga was also intense.
    I may have to say that Days of Future Past really tore up the heart strings the most so far. All the death and somber ness of those two issues. Very powerful.

BANNED

I personally still get happy in mystery of mandripoor, where betsy saves herself and rebuilds her true body and shape, free of the manipulations, trauma, violence and abuse that put her in kwannons body.
    No mojo, mandarin, spiral, jaime braddock or even the sisterhood to force her soul around like a rag doll victim to everyone's plots.
    It was just, her power, her history, her strenght.
    Just Betsy Braddock.
    One of the most satisfyin characther progression archs in comics that made her past years retroactivly more enjoyable to me since being stuck in a body that wasnt her own has a good end to it

Some more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Some more.

I am a man who pays his debts Rogue.

You sacrificed yourself for Mariko. It's only fair I return the compliment.
    Classic Wolvie!

Maybe not the saddest or the most emotional moment but Bolivar Trask sacrifice in The X-Men #16

Especially the final panel with him laying dead alongside the original Master Mold, creator and creation together like a twisted version of father and son with a great forewarning, for an old arc from a very simple era i think is one of best pre-Claremont stories.

Bolivar_Trask_Master_Mold.jpg

Rachel has been ruined for me. She is just so corny to me and has been since Reload and its the only thing I hated about Reload, actually.

This is Rachel Summers to me. Oh, and its a emotional and powerful moment too.

Fantastic Member

For me, it was Magneto's about turn in "I, Magneto..." (Uncanny #150).

By comicshipsonline from Tumblr

X-Treme X-Men vol.1 #16

If you want a powerful Rogue/Gambit moment, this is it. It’s actually one of my favorite panels (ever!), and sure they both come out of it alive and well (spoilers? come on, the book’s 18 years old!), but it still reeks of a Shakespearean tragedy.

As real and intense as love gets for superheroes, this story will always be up there on the top. And this panel screams eternal love (which also works against my Gambit/Storm fantasies but we can’t have everything).

It might seem strange, but it kinda makes me happy that they made it as far as they did, even with all the drama in-between. And that’s why I won’t stop posting about them .

I don't care what anyone says, Claremont and Salva(et al) killed it on X-Treme!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I cant find it but the page right after this with Madelyne on live tv telling Scott if he's alive to find their son because she has to die to save the world. Anyway Madelyne Pryor is one of the greatest XMen of all time I need a drink.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I cant find it but the page right after this with Madelyne on live tv telling Scott if he's alive to find their son because she has to die to save the world. Anyway Madelyne Pryor is one of the greatest XMen of all time I need a drink.

BUt ShE WaASs JuSt A jEaN cLoNe ANd NoT EHER owN chArACtHer
    how can you read about maddie and not see clear difrences, a massive injustice and a tremendous amount of potential to her characther

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    By comicshipsonline from Tumblr

X-Treme X-Men vol.1 #16

If you want a powerful Rogue/Gambit moment, this is it. It’s actually one of my favorite panels (ever!), and sure they both come out of it alive and well (spoilers? come on, the book’s 18 years old!), but it still reeks of a Shakespearean tragedy.

As real and intense as love gets for superheroes, this story will always be up there on the top. And this panel screams eternal love (which also works against my Gambit/Storm fantasies but we can’t have everything).

It might seem strange, but it kinda makes me happy that they made it as far as they did, even with all the drama in-between. And that’s why I won’t stop posting about them .

I actually came here to mention this moment too but you beat me to the punch haha

Another one for me is Deadpool talking with Evan at the end of UXF. I don't even really like Deadpool that much but this scene got me good

comics-to-read-deadpool-2-kid-apocalypse-1108890.jpg

Also, pretty much all of Life Death issue 1
    Make Good Art