Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Deadly Bee Weapon coveredinbees's Avatar

Illyana reuniting with Xavier and rescuing the New Mutants.. Xavier sending away the New Mutants.
    Last edited by coveredinbees; 05-04-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Jim Lee and Claremont. This is the first time some of the X-Men have seen Xavier since he left Magneto in charge of the school, joining the Shiar Lilandra in space.

It turns out Xavier is pretty ripped. Who knew?

Astonishing Member

X-men #70, Vol.2. Cecilia Reyes spends the issue at the X-mansion saving Cyclops when he has a bomb implanted into his chest by Bastion.

Beetroot's story in Excalibur #62 got me very choked up and emotional when I originally read it all those years ago.

excalibur3.jpg excalibur4.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I always found Jubilee's little rant stupid because...she's clearly already rescued. The devil is in the details, Jim.
    And really Chris? 32 words just to say "Get me down!" ...I really don't miss your tedious verbosity.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Morrison gave us such beauty-full moments even while he was clearly going off the rails.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Morrison gave us such beauty-full moments even while he was clearly going off the rails.
    I’m so confused by people saying he was off the rails when I see a clean plan and path. I’m genuinely curious.

When I say "going off the rails" I'm specifically referring to his storytelling, pacing characterisation on the page, coming down to the end of his run, inclusive of his Here Comes Tomorrow finale.
    And it may have been his plan and path to turn Xorn into Magneto from the beginning but the execution was "off the rails trash" which made it a whole lot worse.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-06-2020 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    X-men #70, Vol.2. Cecilia Reyes spends the issue at the X-mansion saving Cyclops when he has a bomb implanted into his chest by Bastion.

Forgot about "Tall Sister"...lol

I love CeCe
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

CeCe takin' charge an' getttin' shyt done! Loved that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    When I say "going off the rails" I'm specifically referring to his storytelling, pacing characterisation on the page, coming down to the end of his run, inclusive of his Here Comes Tomorrow finale.
    And it may have been his plan and path to turn Xorn into Magneto from the beginning but the execution was "off the rails trash" which made it a whole lot worse.
    Oh I see, the intentional destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Oh I see, the intentional destruction.
    Yupp. By the time time he got around to the big reveal, it felt as though he had already clocked out and was exiting the building when he remembered Sublime, clocked back in, rushed up to his office, wrote "Phoenix Egg. Jean. Sublime. 500 years in the future. Scott and Emma...the end" on a post-it note and sent it off to Silvestri.

He clearly ended on a very different "creative vibe" than how he started.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

E6AD94C3-6612-4B65-9752-D496E069BA2B.jpg

When Kitty gave the eulogy at Larry Bodine’s funeral, after he committed suicide, because people found out he was a mutant.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    E6AD94C3-6612-4B65-9752-D496E069BA2B.jpg

When Kitty gave the eulogy at Larry Bodine’s funeral, after he committed suicide, because people found out he was a mutant.
    Yes. A classic. I'll post a larger version.