Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Messiah Complex(+) a quite number of moments IIRC.
    Last edited by Vishop; 02-03-2020 at 09:57 AM.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Ororo atop her mountain at the end of Lifedeath 2
    "I have no powers, my body cannot fly. But I no longer mind, for in my heart and soul--where it truly matters--I soar higher than the stars."
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Contrast this with House of X.

BANNED

Gambit taking a steamy shower

Astonishing Member

Warlock refusing to accept Cypher's death.

Probably the only time I liked Northstar

Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post

Messiah Complex(+) a quite number of moments IIRC.
    Kurt's sacrifice in Second Coming really hammered in how f*cked the mutants were. And this was after Bastion outmaneuvered the X-Men every step of the way. I especially loved the page before that--- where Kurt says a desperate prayer before going in for the Hail Mary. Just, damn. And then he tells hope "I believe in you", after we had several storylines prior doubting whether Hope really was the Mutant Messiah...

Just. Damn.

I miss that era. Frustrating how Marvel decided to have the Avengers hijack the conclusion to a decade's-ish worth of X-Men stories.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xiyon View Post
    Kurt's sacrifice in Second Coming really hammered in how f*cked the mutants were. And this was after Bastion outmaneuvered the X-Men every step of the way. I especially loved the page before that--- where Kurt says a desperate prayer before going in for the Hail Mary. Just, damn. And then he tells hope "I believe in you", after we had several storylines prior doubting whether Hope really was the Mutant Messiah...

Just. Damn.

I miss that era. Frustrating how Marvel decided to have the Avengers hijack the conclusion to a decade's-ish worth of X-Men stories.
    It was this scene which got me. It was blood running like tears -

And again, just in case we missed the metaphor the first time.

But all’s well that ends well.
    With an actual tear.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

"I believe in you"… this religious note makes me uneasy but then, it is called the "Mutant Messiah"…

People are able to do very crazy things for religious reasons. I prefer more human and simple motivations like Northstar trying to save a boy.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Just. Damn.

They were lots of editorial mandates that took place when Disney took over Marvel and brought Avengers & co to the driving seat.

Quote Originally Posted by biswaboxz View Post
    Post your most emotional and moments in X-Men comics.
    The introduction of the new X-Men in Giant-Size X-Men 1.

The (first) death of Jean Grey.

Jean Grey dancing with Professor Xavier had her wedding to Scott.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Secret Life of Eva Bell

As controversial as Bendis's run was, this was a highlight. Heartbreaking story. Damn shame they didn't include those two annuals in the trade paperbacks for either Uncanny or All New X.