Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    ...and this time, in mutant heaven there are no revolving doors, but instead pearly gates.
    In this, they were like us.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    When Cyclops succeeds in talking the Dark Phoenix down using his love for Jean...
    I liked that scene not only for what it was, but for the agonizing moment that Xavier attacked Jean while Scott was 'distracting her' by professing his undying love for her. Scott is literally saving the world, and Xavier goes for the sudden treachery. Not the first time in the Dark Phoenix saga that Xavier has Not Gotten It, being so mutant that he seems to have forgotten how to human, and, sadly, it's not the last.

When Jean chooses to die a human instead of living like a God.
    Such a powerful, iconic moment. I do wish that it had not been taken from her, by the retcon that she was sleeping at the bottom of Jamaica Bay at the time, and that the entity that sacrificed itself was the Phoenix-cosplaying-as-Jean. (A retcon that was later used to even more eye-rolling effect with the Xorn-pretending-to-be-Magneto-pretending-to-be-Xorn retcon...)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I liked that scene not only for what it was, but for the agonizing moment that Xavier attacked Jean while Scott was 'distracting her' by professing his undying love for her. Scott is literally saving the world, and Xavier goes for the sudden treachery. Not the first time in the Dark Phoenix saga that Xavier has Not Gotten It, being so mutant that he seems to have forgotten how to human, and, sadly, it's not the last.
    As history chooses only one road, it’s hard to say if Xavier was wrong… Would Scott have succeeded in talking with the Dark Phoenix? We would never know…

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Such a powerful, iconic moment. I do wish that it had not been taken from her, by the retcon that she was sleeping at the bottom of Jamaica Bay at the time, and that the entity that sacrificed itself was the Phoenix-cosplaying-as-Jean. (A retcon that was later used to even more eye-rolling effect with the Xorn-pretending-to-be-Magneto-pretending-to-be-Xorn retcon...)
    Both ideas pleases me personally: Jean the human who became nearly a god and went back to a human by love and the Phoenix, the Celestial Force, who discovered love and humanity…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

It's been 20 years since this happened....

yeah, not sure if that was the Acolytes's base or something else, but it was an interesting way to throw yourself into the sun.

I read that and I was like, oh, so Wolvie finally gets to die now? And... no.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    yeah, not sure if that was the Acolytes's base or something else, but it was an interesting way to throw yourself into the sun.

I read that and I was like, oh, so Wolvie finally gets to die now? And... no.
    It was Asteroid M and i think if you just google search you can find different versions of Asteroid M. There is no particular. I thought it was good scene and i can understand a lot of fans in this forum loathing this book for different reasons. Don't think I agree with them tho

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post

It's been 20 years since this happened....
    I think Planet X was a fine story, but a subpar one as part of Morrison's run. But that scene with Wolverine and Jean (well, their whole exchange) hit me profoundly. One of my favorite moments of the run
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jorge17881 View Post

I was scrolling through to see who said what but this is one of mine, Maddy being stripped of everything she was after already losing her child and her husband it was a scene that made Maddy a favorite all time favorite.
    Also secondly I would say the death of Sabertooth in Age of Apocalypse. Victor has always been a cold blooded monster but in AoA his relationship with Blink was special and when he died it was something.

Astonishing Member

Jean Grey sacrificing herself to save her teammates in Uncanny X-Men #100. Then committing suicide in Uncanny X-Men #137.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I think Planet X was a fine story, but a subpar one as part of Morrison's run. But that scene with Wolverine and Jean (well, their whole exchange) hit me profoundly. One of my favorite moments of the run
    Yeah, it was solid. Hit almost as hard as when Logan had to mercy kill Mariko for me.

As a father, though, the one that hit me the hardest in recent memory was Cable sacrificing himself in Second Coming and the scene with Hope holding his arm on the ground crying. Man, that was a gut punch!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, it was solid. Hit almost as hard as when Logan had to mercy kill Mariko for me.

As a father, though, the one that hit me the hardest in recent memory was Cable sacrificing himself in Second Coming and the scene with Hope holding his arm on the ground crying. Man, that was a gut punch!
    That and Kurt's death during Second Coming were both amazing, gut-punching moments. I have fond memories of the Nick Lowe era of the X-books and Second Coming was probably the pinnacle of his tenure, a perfectly-executed story and probably one of the best X-crossovers of all time - it rivals even Messiah Complex in my book, although they were both excellent really.